Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Summit League season

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    MBB: IPFW 75, USD 69. Final. Weird game. USD was down 18, then up 4, but end up losing. USD is now 3-6 in TSL. 0-6 in the league since bracketology reports came out with them in the tourney.
    Tonight was probably the first time in my life i was pulling for the yotes to win......figures

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      NDSU ends up winning at WIU, but only by four points. Three of their last four wins have been by 6 or less. The Bison are definitely beatable. I can't help but think that their top-5 ranking in that mid-major poll is WAY too high.
      Agree - last year the Jacks were always in the 15 to 20 range , and had a much better body of work than NDSU has this year. Their signature wins are against Delaware (RPI of 65 and falling) and 115 RPI Notre Dame, whose womens team could beat the men this year. Is the mid-major group (other than Wichita State) that much weaker this season ?

Comment

WIU is always a tough place to play and they generally play a style of game that keeps them close. I agree that NDSU is beatable, and they haven't been overly impressive lately, but they are still winning games and leading the league.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Agree - last year the Jacks were always in the 15 to 20 range , and had a much better body of work than NDSU has this year. Their signature wins are against Delaware (RPI of 65 and falling) and 115 RPI Notre Dame, whose womens team could beat the men this year. Is the mid-major group (other than Wichita State) that much weaker this season ?
          It is a mid-major poll....NDSU has some good wins vs mid-major teams. @Western Michigan, @Bryant, @Utah Valley, Towson, Delaware, @SDSU and IPFW. Only one bad loss and. Notre Dame was a fringe NCAA tournament team and then their best player was declared ineligible. That really hurt, ND should be a quality win but it won't be.

Our non-conference SOS is #17. It all adds up. We are gutting out wins right now, but outside of IUPUI I'm not sure I'd say we've had easy games.
          Last edited by FargoBison; 02-13-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Wondering why your body of work was so much better? Yes, the Jacks had a terrific win against a ranked New Mexico team but other then that game and Montana none of the wins seem to be over the top. Played a great game against Alabama and lost on a buzzer beater I suppose. SDSU finished 25-10 and were 7-9 on the road.

Meanwhile NDSU this year may not have the ranked win , which honestly in its self probally does give a slight edge to SDSU but have beat some solid teams. Like Notre Dame when they were at full speed. The Irish lost their best player after the NDSU game and have never been the same. Delaware is solid like mentioned. NDSU sits at 19-6 and are 9-4 on the road. Guess I just dont see the big gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              WIU is always a tough place to play and they generally play a style of game that keeps them close. I agree that NDSU is beatable, and they haven't been overly impressive lately, but they are still winning games and leading the league.
              Agreed, lately seems we have been playing down to competiton, meanwhile the Jacks got it rolling, should be a great clash next saturday in Fargo!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                MBB: IUPUI 59, Denver 49. Final. Wut.
                I wonder what that ESPN writer thinks about Denver now? They were supposed roll through the league like it was nothing.

Comment

WBB
                  The road teams win as Wiu beats the bison and IUPUI beats Denver. The Jacks and yotes protect the home court with impressive victories. Mastodons go to .500 in the league as WIU moves to 3rd place before playing Jacks on Saturday.
                  MBB
                  Bison of course have troubles getting by the Leathernecks, Denver falls to IUPUI!!!, USD bows to the Mastodons on the road, and Jacks are still tied with the Mastodons for 2nd in conference. Denver Pioneers could help the Jackrabbits with a victory on Saturday if Jacks can handle the Leathernecks. Who would have thought the Jacks could be a solid 2 seed at this point?
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Tonight was probably the first time in my life i was pulling for the yotes to win......figures
                    Never ever ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Never ever ever!!!
                      According to the rules of fandom, I believe it is allowable only if it helps your team. But of course I would be pulling the Jim Carey shower scene from Ace Ventura right afterwards though.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Is it possible for IUPUI to win 2 in a row???
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Is it possible for IUPUI to win 2 in a row???

IUPUI winning 2 in a row or the yotes winning their 2nd road game this year. I like IUPUI.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            IUPUI winning 2 in a row or the yotes winning their 2nd road game this year. I like IUPUI.
                            I like how ever it needs to happen assuming we dont get a first round bye that we get to play IUPUI in the first round. peferably on saturday, thats the outcome results I want to see.......may be a while till thats determined which way this game should go for that to happen.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• The Summit League season

IUPUI would have to win two out of their final four, plus have a tie breaker work out in their favor in order to climb out of that 7 spot. As much as USD might "try" to fall to #7, they are going to need some help.

Denver at FW could be interesting. FW only won by three last time.

The NDSU/Omaha game is on Midco. I hope Omaha is fired up after getting thumped last night!

On the women's side, it's all about IUPUI at USD. I think it might be USD's day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

MBB: USD 32, IUPUI 32, Halftime.

Comment

Working...
                                X