The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League season

We are 3-1 on the road, 1-2 at home. Kind of backwards. Need to win the last 4 home games and get one or 2 on the road. Should get us a 2 or 3 seed

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      We are 3-1 on the road, 1-2 at home. Kind of backwards. Need to win the last 4 home games and get one or 2 on the road. Should get us a 2 or 3 seed
      Goal at this point is to win the next game. Do that and the 2 seed is a definite possibility, that would be HUGE. Any loss, especially in Fargo, and it's 3-6 seed. So, win the NEXT game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Women SDSU handles IPFW by holding FG% to 31% for Mastodons. IUPUI shoots 52% in whipping of the Bison
        Men NDSU shoots 52% while going 0-10 from 3 pt line.. IUPUI won the rebounding but they had 10 more turnovers to lose by 6.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Looking at the schedules on the mens' side, I feel pretty confident that the bottom of the conference won't change much.

WIU and USD look like they are headed for the 6 and 7 seeds.

- WIU gets the top-3 teams at home, and has Omaha, Denver, and USD on the road. I think they will lose at least three of those (finish 7-7 or worse).
          - USD has five road games left (and they have won only one road game all year). They also have the toughest road trips (Denver, FW, NDSU, SDSU). I think you can write them in for at least four more losses (finish 6-8 or worse).

Denver still has to visit all of the top-3 teams, but their home games are winnable (USD, Omaha, WIU). I think they are good for at least two more losses (finish 9-5 or worse). They look like a solid 4/5 seed with an outside chance at a 3. Home losses to SDSU and FW hurt their tiebreaker chances.

Comment

USD women handle Denver 88-67. Four players in double figures including Seekamp. Yotes shoot 53% and Pioneers make 36%.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

MBB Omaha 35 Western 28 @ halftime. 8 players suited for Leathernecks.

Comment

NDSU brings 4557 to watch victory over IPFW men 69-58. Omaha has 1083 watch win over Leathernecks by 11. Denver handles yotes 75-67. (5 in a row for the yotes)

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  NDSU brings 4557 to watch victory over IPFW men 69-58. Omaha has 1083 watch win over Leathernecks by 11. Denver handles yotes 75-67. (5 in a row for the yotes)
                  4798 watched the yotes gag on their fifth in a row.

Comment

No tweets about the Coyotes Summit league record recently. Wonder why?

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

• Re: The Summit League season

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      No tweets about the Coyotes Summit league record recently. Wonder why?

Remember how we struggled on the road early in the D1 era? Is that where the Yotes are right now? Learn to win on the road and youre going to compete for the conference title. Never win on the road like USD and youre going to be in the bottom half. At some point they will figure it out. Im glad we've got over that bump in the road.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Remember how we struggled on the road early in the D1 era? Is that where the Yotes are right now? Learn to win on the road and youre going to compete for the conference title. Never win on the road like USD and youre going to be in the bottom half. At some point they will figure it out. Im glad we've got over that bump in the road.
                        Agree. I'm referring to some tweets about "Summit league leading" coyotes when they were 3-0 at home. Meant nothing and seemed bush league. Certain sportswriters like to take shots at opportune times and then seem to disappear when reality strikes.

Comment

Agree. I'm referring to some tweets about "Summit league leading" coyotes when they were 3-0 at home. Meant nothing and seemed bush league. Certain sportswriters like to take shots at opportune times and then seem to disappear when reality strikes.

Hey, they had their moment down south. Now its back to reality.

Comment

The preseason poll that placed them closer to the bottom than the top seems more accurate as we pass the midpoint of the conference season. The debate on better coach or better players should surface soon.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              The preseason poll that placed them closer to the bottom than the top seems more accurate as we pass the midpoint of the conference season. The debate on better coach or better players should surface soon.
                              It's ongoing. Based on what I am hearing they want a "D1 guy" or a lower level guy with "name recognition". If you asked me today I'd say Coach James will be looking for a new position at the end of this year.

Comment

It's ongoing. Based on what I am hearing they want a "D1 guy" or a lower level guy with "name recognition". If you asked me today I'd say Coach James will be looking for a new position at the end of this year.

That would be my guess too. Not so much based on the job he's done, but on the fact that they struggled last year too, and James was Coach Boots assistant. Face it, he'd have really had to turn things around quickly to keep the position. This way, they can use the "rebuilding under a new coach" line as they move forward. All that being said...still several conference games, and the tournament to play...if coach James gets them turned around and winning... it will be much harder for them. Personally, I think he's done a good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X