Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League season

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I think the ndsu men will run away with it and denver gets 2nd. Ipfw has 5 of 7 on the road 2nd half of conf schedule. They will lise a few of those but should still get 3rd. Everyone else battles for 4,5,6. IUPUI appears headed fir the 7 seed. USD has 5 of 7 in the road like IPFW. And we know how well they do on the road. I would almost rather have the 6 seed to stay away from the Bison until Tue night, if we can win a couple.
    I think this is about right. I want to believe that Jackrabbits can and will right the ship and get the 3 seed which is right where I figured they would be before the season started. I don't think IPFW will fair well the second half and I don't see WIU or USD being consistent enough to get up to the 3. IUPUI looks like a solid 7 seed.

Regardless, the Sunday games are going to be battles for sure. Could be Jacks vs Coyotes in one of those games. It would be great not to have to play the top seeds at all as a lower seed. That takes a lot of upsets. Come in as a 6 seed, see #2 and #1 get upset and beat the #4 to go to the dance.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We are going to learn a lot about Denver (MBB) this week. They started slow but have a chance to really make some noise now that they have won three straight games. If they were to get a sweep they would suddenly be in the top-two. I'd love to watch the Denver/NDSU game.

Midco is covering both games from USD (NDSU thursday and SDSU saturday).

I agree with the point about lower seeds probably being better than mid-level seeds in this year's men's tournament. Unless all of the top-3 seeds really separate themselves from the pack (unlikely outside of NDSU), a six seed could be better than a 4/5. Unless I am mistaken, the six would be guaranteed not to face #1 until the finals. 4/5 would get them in round #2.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I think this is about right. I want to believe that Jackrabbits can and will right the ship and get the 3 seed which is right where I figured they would be before the season started. I don't think IPFW will fair well the second half and I don't see WIU or USD being consistent enough to get up to the 3. IUPUI looks like a solid 7 seed.

Regardless, the Sunday games are going to be battles for sure. Could be Jacks vs Coyotes in one of those games. It would be great not to have to play the top seeds at all as a lower seed. That takes a lot of upsets. Come in as a 6 seed, see #2 and #1 get upset and beat the #4 to go to the dance.

The next 3 games will have a lot to do with finding out is we can "right the ship". We play both teams(USD and Denver) that are 3-2 on the road and then we play IPFW (4-1) at home. When you play the teams that are 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the league you either win and get back in things or fall back and look as a 5-7 seed.

USD is in the same boat. They play NDSU(4-1), SDSU(2-3), Denver(3-2) and IPFW(4-1) in their next 4 games. That's the top 3 teams and us. I think they have Denver and IPFW on the road and NDSU and SDSU at home.

Comment

I was just going to say your game with Denver is really big for both teams. Some really interesting Summit games this week.

Comment

Men's:

- Omaha has a chance to affect the top of the standings tonight when they play at FW.

- Will the goofy environment in the dome affect the Bison at USD? Nothing would surprise me there, though I expect a 10+ point NDSU victory. On yesterday's Yankton P&D sports chat several people mentioned how there is no buzz about the NDSU game. All the fans are talking about the SDSU game. That might make the dome a quiet echo chamber again tonight. If the team is also overlooking this game they will get hammered. This one is on Midco.

Women's:

- USD at NDSU is the battle of 1-4 teams. If NDSU loses this one you can lock them in to that #7 seed.

- Our main competition (IUPUI and FW) have the WIU/Omaha road trip this week. Hopefully they will pick up a loss or two before returning home. IUPUI is at WIU tonight.

Comment

Omaha is looking good at FW, leading by 10 with 14:00 to go. If they hold on they will really make the middle of the league standings a mess.

NDSU is handling the dome fine thus far, leading all the way so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MBB: IPFW 86, Omaha 82. Final. IPFW (17-6, 5-1) with a nice second half comeback. Omaha (12-9, 2-4) was once up 15 in this one.

Comment

The "unbeatable" Bison have their hands full in Vermillion. Up only one with 34 sec to go. They're good, but they are certainly vulnerable. Don't book your NCAA trip tickets yet, Bison fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    The "unbeatable" Bison have their hands full in Vermillion. Up only one with 34 sec to go. They're good, but they are certainly vulnerable. Don't book your NCAA trip tickets yet, Bison fans.

Crazy game. Bison shooting like 37% and Braun is 3-15FG. Classic trap game for the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Crazy game. Bison shooting like 37% and Braun is 3-15FG. Classic trap game for the Bison.
                      Word is Braun is feeling under the weather.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Gruis blows it at the line. Missing two with 8 seconds to go and USD down one. Ouch. NDSU eeks out a very uninspiring win.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Word is Braun is feeling under the weather.
                          He has the flu.

That was ugly but I'll take it.

Comment

MBB: WIU 69, IUPUI 54. Final.

WBB: IUPUI 77, WIU 60. Final.

WBB: IPFW 81, Omaha 71. Final

WBB: USD 83, NDSU 70. Final. Seekamp played 20 min and had 13pts.

Comment

A little help from the WIU or Omaha women would have been nice tonight. IUPUI and FW are keeping the pressure on. We have three consecutive big games starting tomorrow (USD, FW, and IUPUI).

The middle of the men's race is a huge mess. One thing about it, other than pride, there will probably be very little practical difference between finishing 3rd and 6th. The way FW has looked, I think second might still be there for the taking as well.

Comment

IPFW men win at home vs the Leathernecks 77-64. They are alone on top at 6-1. NDSU a game back at 5-2 with the Jacks and Denver in third at 4-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X