Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I know right where you are coming from and hope those attending understand as well. I know the Bison fans basically overwhelmed the entire community of Frisco, TX last year for the FB championship.

I'm not sure history of these events will be much of a guide this year. Its a "perfect storm" of sorts. Jackrabbit women at 12 noon followed by a women's game with little to no interest for casual fans. Jackrabbit men at 6 pm, a trip too far from the arena may not be practical especially given the parking difficulties that will be encountered. Some people in shuttle lots not wanting to leave the venue. The option to walk 2 minutes through and enclosed hallway to a large room full of Jackrabbit fans with food options and beverages for purchase.

I think its going to be crazy in the Sheraton starting about 2:30 pm on Saturday. I know the party officially starts 2 1/2 hours before the 6 pm game, people will mingle and wait in the lobby or stay at the game. The Sheraton would be wise to be fully stocked to serve at least a thousand. I don't think I am crazy to suggest that.
    (Bart Scott voice) CAN'T WAIT
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

anyone know the ticket policy for bringing a 20 month old to the games? does everyone need a ticket or are there age limits for needing a seat or what?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        anyone know the ticket policy for bringing a 20 month old to the games? does everyone need a ticket or are there age limits for needing a seat or what?
        Call the Arena Box Office...605-367-8460
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Tyler tweeted the Championship broadcast teams:

ESPN has announced that Clay Matvick and Bob Valvano will call the Summit League men's championship game on ESPN2. Same crew as last year.

ESPN also announced that Melissa Lee and Steffi Sorensen will call the women's Summit League title tilt on ESPNU.

https://twitter.com/tylermerriam

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            Tyler tweeted the Championship broadcast teams:

ESPN has announced that Clay Matvick and Bob Valvano will call the Summit League men's championship game on ESPN2. Same crew as last year.

ESPN also announced that Melissa Lee and Steffi Sorensen will call the women's Summit League title tilt on ESPNU.

https://twitter.com/tylermerriam
            Glad to see Bob Valvano back, but not sure who the womens games broadcasters are.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
              Like all new things there are apt to be hiccups that will provide us opportunities for improvement as we move forward. We have requested 7 beverage stations (cash bars) inside and outside of the Fontenelle room. We have shared with them actual attendance numbers from our past four years - but I too share your concerns as you are correct it seems most venues do think we are exaggerating our attendance or they overestimate their staff's ability to handle our fans (or maybe a little or both). I have some great stories, but I will save them. Lets just say the Association does over 120 events each year - we know what we are talking about - and the venues who listen to us do better then the ones who think they know.

In the end I am confident that we will have good events this year and everyone will enjoy themselves. It is going to be a lot of fun to totally take over the Sheraton. See everyone on Saturday!

Go State!
              I've never attended one of these, but something about this one intrigued me (might rhyme with "cash bar"). Is there anything you have to do other than register at the site you linked?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Does anyone know how the seating works for the bleachers behind the baskets, like how many seats are in a row and what seats are located behind the hoop and what not?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I've never attended one of these, but something about this one intrigued me (might rhyme with "cash bar"). Is there anything you have to do other than register at the site you linked?
                  All you have to do is show up...and probably have a little patience as I see no way the Sheraton will staff 7 cash bars
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                    Does anyone know how the seating works for the bleachers behind the baskets, like how many seats are in a row and what seats are located behind the hoop and what not?

Thanks
                    1-32 seats across and 12 rows (dont quote me though).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Glad to see Bob Valvano back, but not sure who the womens games broadcasters are.
                      Just as long as Tony Wingnut is not involved,it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Just as long as Tony Wingnut is not involved,it will be fine.
                        You mean dingo weygo?

Comment

I would expect this opening game day to be the highest energy day yet for a Summit Tourney in Sioux Falls. The home show people may need helmets. It will raise the bar for anyone that wants to host the tournament.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post

Thanks
                            If you're going to sit here, aim to get a higher row. The lower row's view is blocked by cheerleaders, the mascot, and the basket being there. So I would try to get the higher rows in this section, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              If you're going to sit here, aim to get a higher row. The lower row's view is blocked by cheerleaders, the mascot, and the basket being there. So I would try to get the higher rows in this section, IMO.
                              I saw it in the front row behind the basket last year and it wasn't too bad of a view actually. I had plenty of fun and its awesome they serve beer there too
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

SDSU vs IUPUI: Even Lakes is picking the Jacks here
                                IPFW vs Oakland: IPFW is 2-0 vs OU but on a neutral floor I like Kampe and Bader
                                NDSU vs. UMKC: With Braun there will be no chance at a 4th straight 1st round exit
                                WIU vs. USD: USD should have a good crowd. The question is how healthy will Parks be? Give me the Yotes

SDSU vs. Oakland: Looking at a high scoring affair here. Wolters and Bader both have great games. Im expecting aother Jack to have a very good game too. Jacks by 6.
                                NDSU vs. USD: USD scares NDSU for most of the game, the crowd is loud with Jack fans cheering for the Yotes. NDSU defense and FT too much in the end. 65-57.

SDSU vs. NDSU: I am expecting a very good game. Lots of lead changes. This one goes down to the wire. I was at the NDSU game at Omaha. I think that was our most complete game on both sides of the ball for both halves. Granted, it was Omaha but I came away very impressed and more confident after Braun's performance. NDSU 72 SDSU 71

Comment

Working...
                                X