Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    ...and other schools (or should I say certain fans of other schools) want this out of Sioux Falls. This is what March is suppose to be like.
    Wanting the Tourney moved to a "neutral" site turned out to be a big topic on the Mysummitleague.com chat the other night. Fans from other schools mentioned that perhaps it should be held somewhere like Chicago or Ft. Wayne. What a difference that would be from the hype and excitement it generates in Sioux Falls.

Every year it gets better here. KELO news was full of Summit Tourney stuff last night (and it was only Monday) and here we are with one session already sold out and two more getting close (and it is only Tuesday). This tournament has definitely found a home.

Comment

I feel their pain but unfortunately it's all about $$ in college basketball and there isn't another place (other than Fargo, MAYBE) that will bring in the kind of revenue that SF can and it's only going to get bigger in the new arena. The fans in the Dakotas care more and therefore spend more. Tiny crowds doesn't equal big money. Douple and the Summit League hit the lotto up here and I'm sure his biggest nightmare is losing any or all of the Dakota schools. This is where the interest and money is. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        I just heard the SDSU athletic department is pushing a plan that would put a jumbotron on the practice field for general admission overflow.
        Hehe. That did turn out to be quite the flop. There were about 15 people watching the thing that day.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The continued support of the Summit League Tournament is a way to cement the event in Siuox Falls. It will take deep pockets and some crazy promotions to compete with the current venue. While I am understanding how the some fans from the Summit yearn for a closer nuetral site, I am one who might fuel the hype and support in the Dakotas for the event. It would be disappointing to travel to Des Moines or wherever and have the Jack fans outnumber the rest in a less than half full arena. Douple and the members can see the deposit slips as we prepare for the 2014 ticket sales.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
            I feel their pain but unfortunately it's all about $$ in college basketball and there isn't another place (other than Fargo, MAYBE) that will bring in the kind of revenue that SF can and it's only going to get bigger in the new arena. The fans in the Dakotas care more and therefore spend more. Tiny crowds doesn't equal big money. Douple and the Summit League hit the lotto up here and I'm sure his biggest nightmare is losing any or all of the Dakota schools. This is where the interest and money is. It's that simple.
            This is why I fully expect Douple and the Summit League to invite St. Cloud and/or MSU-Mankato to the Summit League (possibly both) in response to any additional erosion of the membership. He's gettin' the NCC band back together!

(No, I don't have Douple on speed-dial, nor do I have any kind of inside information. I just see how things are evolving, and my prediction is that the Summit will survive the conference realignment frenzy, and when the dust settles, it will look suspiciously like the old D-II NCC, with maybe Denver instead of Augustana, and perhaps the eastern Summit schools that can't find new conferences--I'm thinking primarily of IUPUI and IPFW, but I personally would love to keep Oakland in the conference as well. In the NCC Mk. II scenario, I could easily see the conference tournament at some point, a few years down the road, move to Minneapolis/St. Paul and for the Summit to try to create a more northerly version of the Valley's Arch Madness in St. Louis. I suspect that's probably far enough off-topic for now.)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Wanting the Tourney moved to a "neutral" site turned out to be a big topic on the Mysummitleague.com chat the other night. Fans from other schools mentioned that perhaps it should be held somewhere like Chicago or Ft. Wayne. What a difference that would be from the hype and excitement it generates in Sioux Falls.

Every year it gets better here. KELO news was full of Summit Tourney stuff last night (and it was only Monday) and here we are with one session already sold out and two more getting close (and it is only Tuesday). This tournament has definitely found a home.
              IMO, there needs to be a HUGE push to get fans from other schools once the new events center is done. It could help give them some perspective.

If the league could sell more tickets and make more money in Chicago or Ft Wayne, I would expect them to move it there. I would be disappointed that I couldn't drive 10 minutes to the game, but I would understand.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Just saw this on my twitter feed

Lance Hildebrandt@lahildebrandt
                Selling two lower level row 4 session passes to #SummitTourney. Who wants them? @TerryVandrovec @tylermerriam @TylerHolmquist@SDSU_Jacks
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  My god, she is hideous! She should really consider a career in radio.
                  LOL...since the game will be on ESPN, she may affect attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Glad you posted that picture. Seeing her abs reminded me I need to do my laundry.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Nothing to add to the discussion,just thought we should see this picture one more time!

Comment

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/758643/

Here is a game that our new Poster Girl and Mellisa Lee did together this year. (and the big broadcaster head mic and ear thingys look just fine on our girl.)

Comment

is it saturday at noon yet?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            is it saturday at noon yet?
                            Can't arrive soon enough. Heading up Friday night. 11 yo daughter has tourney at SF Lincoln with games at 8 am and 10 am. Straight back to hotel and over to arena for Jacks at 12 noon and 6 pm. Duke and Carolina play on ESPN at 8 pm. May have to DVR the Carolina game and watch WIU in person.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Duke and Carolina play on ESPN at 8 pm. May have to DVR the Carolina game and watch WIU in person.
                              same here. just we will be rooting for different teams in that game.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

2013 Sports Lounge Summit League Tournament Challenge
                                - Join the 2013 Sports Lounge Summit League Tournament
                                http://tmblr.co/Z1wsatfVI1WA
                                Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                                Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Working...
                                X