Summit at the Falls 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

If the Jacks win the mens tournament , does WIU get an automatic NIT bid since they tied for regular season champs , or does that only apply to the top seed ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If the Jacks win the mens tournament , does WIU get an automatic NIT bid since they tied for regular season champs , or does that only apply to the top seed ?
      Only top seed.

If they don't win the tournament they'll probably make it into the CIT I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Same location, adding onto the Convention Center.

http://siouxfallseventscenter.org/

I havent been by the arena since construction started. Is parking going to be a nightmare? It wasnt great before if you didnt get there early. And then there is always the home show that goes on saturday and sunday and takes a lot of parking spots away.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I havent been by the arena since construction started. Is parking going to be a nightmare? It wasnt great before if you didnt get there early. And then there is always the home show that goes on saturday and sunday and takes a lot of parking spots away.
          More than likely. Home show is going on again and a chunk of parking spots have been removed for construction. A new parking lot was constructed at McCart fields, but it is farther away. So getting their early or car pooling would be recommended. Saturday may be a mess.

Comment

If the SFSA were really on the ball, they'd arrange some remote parking and a shuttle to run--at least for the 2 hr. before and after SDSU and USD games in the tournament.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              If the SFSA were really on the ball, they'd arrange some remote parking and a shuttle to run--at least for the 2 hr. before and after SDSU and USD games in the tournament.
              Maybe they are, I don't they would mind an email asking that question. If they are they were probably waiting for brackets to shake out before announcing anything. They had a shuttle for USD vs NDSU football game. Not sure if that was well received or not?

Comment

From SFSA FACEBOOK PAGE. "Wondering where you can park during the 2013 Summit League tournament? Wonder no more! Shuttles will also be available from Elmwood Golf Course and McCart Field on Saturday and Sunday."

Parking map: http://sfsportsauthority.org/wp-cont...od-Parking.pdf

Comment

From SFSA FACEBOOK PAGE. "Wondering where you can park during the 2013 Summit League tournament? Wonder no more! Shuttles will also be available from Elmwood Golf Course and McCart Field on Saturday and Sunday."

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Well, there you go then!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stumbled on tickets for Saturday's games...obviously we play Sunday.

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3651329065.html

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                        Stumbled on tickets for Saturday's games...obviously we play Sunday.

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3651329065.html
                        Some false info on the Craig list ad. NDSU and USD women play on Sunday, not Saturday.

Comment

I'm looking for tickets to the tourney. If anyone has some for sale please send me a private message. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Here is the perfect storm of why building the event center was a bad idea in this location. Parking is bad enough the way it is. Now will only be 100 times worse.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Here is the perfect storm of why building the event center was a bad idea in this location. Parking is bad enough the way it is. Now will only be 100 times worse.
                              And complaining about this accomplishes what?

Comment

Yes the location chosen was a bad compromise made by polititicians. Nothing new there. A really good location was never in the plans.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X