X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    What Happened to Ceola Clark?
    Was driving, jump stopped and seemed to land awkwardly, crumpled to the ground screaming in pain. Sure looked like an ACL tear to me. WIU was down 37-30 when CC3 got hurt. They made a little run to close within 2 and then Wright hit another couple of 3's. Wright shoots the lights out in the arena.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Was driving, jump stopped and seemed to land awkwardly, crumpled to the ground screaming in pain. Sure looked like an ACL tear to me. WIU was down 37-30 when CC3 got hurt. They made a little run to close within 2 and then Wright hit another couple of 3's. Wright shoots the lights out in the arena.
      Clark actually was injured before he took the shot--coming down the court on that possession, he twisted something at mid-court and went down. Refs stopped play, and Clark took a while getting back up--taking a loooong time to tie his shoe. Then when he got the ball, he drove into the lane, where he tried to push off on that leg to take the shot and it just went out on him.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone know where all the postgame interviews might be available? I had heard that IPFW men's coach was a bit disappointed with the SF venue.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Clark actually was injured before he took the shot--coming down the court on that possession, he twisted something at mid-court and went down. Refs stopped play, and Clark took a while getting back up--taking a loooong time to tie his shoe. Then when he got the ball, he drove into the lane, where he tried to push off on that leg to take the shot and it just went out on him.
          His shoe was tied. He actually untied it himself and re-tied it to buy more time. That was a very bizarre sequence of events. Not good.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            You are partially correct. It was a 7 point game at the time of the injury (bison up 37-30). WIU got it to within 2 (39-37) and it looked like they might take the game over at that point in honor of Ceola, but they kept forgetting to guard Wright at the three point line on the other end and he made them pay, twice in a row.
            I went away from my TV set when it happened so did not see the injury or note the score, but later heard a 37-39 score. You guys were no doubt paying more attention. So will pull my dog from this fight in precise details. I really hated to see this happen to such a key player. In fact, I was somewhat resentful that Clark got his medical redshirt and played this season. A great athlete none the less.

Comment

About to head back to SF.

We got a little snow in Brookings overnight/this morning. Dad just drove to the rest area exit to see what I-29 looks like...he says it doesn't seem slippery, but it's snowy in places and could be dicey if conditions don't improve.

The snow is done and the sun is starting to peak out. It's pretty windy which is blowing the fresh snow around quite a bit. I'm guessing the roads will be fine in a couple hours/once the parade to SF begins.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                Last bi!ch about this topic. The lack of an internet video feed for us non-subscribers to MidContinent Cable needs to be addressed to the proper people. below are links to Summit Commish Douple and MidcoSportsNet. I believe this was the first year that an internet feed was not available. They need to realize that for the majority of fans from all schools involved that we are either outside the Midco footprint and not all cable, satellite providers carry FoxCollegeSports Network. As I said before most Fox Sports Network affiliates pick and chose what they want to carry and most carry what Fox Sports Network provides. And for most that is not FoxCollegeSports. To provide an internet feed for only subscribers of Midco cable is wrong and should be addressed. The only way things will change for next year is if everyone affected says something. I have sent emails, tweets, and phone calls to Midco,Douple and DishNetwork( to add FoxCollegeSports to their multisport package). I urge you to do the same. We missed some great games because of this and I for one am pissed about it.
                douple@thesummitleague.org
                http://www.midcosportsnet.com/aboutus/contactus/
                http://www.dish.com/chat/
                I'd like to echo Sturgis' beef. The Summit League/Midco missed out on some internet easy monies not providing an option for the truly out of the area backers. Likewise, GoJacks/Neulion need to start assuring that all LEAGUE AWAY games are available and provided via GoJacks all access. There should be no reason that a reprocity situation is available within the two leagues (MVFC & Summit). As we move further and further into the digital age, it feels that less is being freely available.

Comment

Two title games. Two rivalry games. Two ESPN games. Two tickets to the NCAA's on the line. Sounds like a nice little Tuesday. We are headed for SF soon!

Comment

On our way to sf. Roads sre fine here after a little snow this morningp

Comment

Got to hwy 81 and snowing good. Snow blowing and sticking to hwy. wife is driving.....pray for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Got to hwy 81 and snowing good. Snow blowing and sticking to hwy. wife is driving.....pray for me.
                        All looks good in SF I think. See ya at the game.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          All looks good in SF I think. See ya at the game.
                          No you won't got something else planned in SF. Still got to deal with the rotten road conditions between the BIG A and SF.

Comment

It appears that both of today's championship games are on ESPN3, if your IP offers it. Since my IP does, and since my employer doesn't block access, I am happy.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              It appears that both of today's championship games are on ESPN3, if your IP offers it. Since my IP does, and since my employer doesn't block access, I am happy.
                              First row is listing it too: http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/174495...ota-state.html

Comment

I have to give ESPN some credit, both Bob Volvano and Clay Matvick were really good, knew things both about the schools, players, and the conference. Had really good things to say about the conference as well. I couldn't say the same the first couple of years the tournament was in Sioux Falls and ESPN broadcast the games.

Comment

Working...
                                X