• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    UMKC is self-destructing and still only down by 4. They have no inside game
    down by 9 actually
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Midco's halftime interview guy is really good. Makes some good observations and gets the coaches talking. Very impressed with the coverage. Put it in HD and I'm ecstatic!
      Steve Hallstrom. Used to be the sports anchor for WDAY TV in Fargo before he left the business. His replacement was Dom Izzo. Hallstrom was one of the founders of the Bison Media Blog and was also a sideline reporter for Bison football for many years. I used to think he was terrible at that until he was replaced by Jeremy Jorganson. JJ has redefined terrible for me. This is Steve's first job back in the sports business in about 4 or 5 years.

Comment

Didn't get down to SF in time to catch most of the IPFW vs WIU womens game.

IPFW vs Oakland game was pretty good. I still can't believe FW beat them again.

I'm going to bleach my eyeballs and forget NDSU vs USD women and UMKC vs NDSU mens games happened.

That was horrific, horrific basketball.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

There will be a pair of Mastodons to push aside. How would you guess this semifinals for both of the Jack teams to play Filberts despised Mastodons?
          Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          Filbert gets his wish. Mastodon burgers at the Summit (tomorrow night instead of tonight!!)
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            There will be a pair of Mastodons to push aside. How would you guess this semifinals for both of the Jack teams to play Filberts despised Mastodons?
            I don't despise IPFW, I merely hate them. In the friendliest, most affectionate way, of course. I despise UMKC. Morons. Have fun in the Great West-ern Athletic Conference, you idiots.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I don't despise IPFW, I merely hate them. In the friendliest, most affectionate way, of course. I despise UMKC. Morons. Have fun in the Great West-ern Athletic Conference, you idiots.
              I can see the despise for MUCK as a tweeter calls them. especially if you live close to KC filbert. if Oakland ever leaves the Summit I will feel the same way towards them. taking away my chance to see the Jacks play in person would really po me big time. and on the good news it sounds like mirror scheduling may be limited next year.

Comment

I can understand some of that after watching the Mastodon mascot swirling his trunk around the dance team. It was not pretty.
                Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Headed for Sioux Falls in a few minutes. Let's turn the Arena blue and crank up the noise a notch today!

Comment

Watching the Sun Belt Conference Championship Game. Pretty pathetic fan support from what I see. Looks half full at the most.

Comment

One big shout out to the (our) PA guy for the tournament. I'm not usually to much of a grammar/pronunciation nazi, but I called him out a month or two ago, after an IUPUI game at Frost (don't recall whether it was men's or womens) stating I wished he would correctly pronounce Jaguars (Jag-waars, not Jag-wires, which for some reason, really gets to me, I yell at my tv to NFL commentators as well).

He was very professional in a PM upon reading my comment, and stated he would strive to correct the pronunciation.

Lo and behold, it's tournament time, and it's been all Jaguars. Very well done!

*edit* (to avoid B2B posts)

Tomorrow is going to be a blast.

I wanted USD for women and NDSU for men bad. Really bad.

Time to go big or go home.
                      Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 03-13-2013, 10:31 PM.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

What Happened to Ceola Clark?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          What Happened to Ceola Clark?
                          He went down with about 8 minutes left in the game with a potential knee injury. A sad way to end a exciting career at WIU. Coach Mo said he was not a doctor, but he felt it was a knee injury during the press conference. Bison lead only by 2 when it happened, and WIU was not the same without him. When Jack Hoeft becomes the leader, then something is missing, namely a tenacious guard.

Comment

Last bi!ch about this topic. The lack of an internet video feed for us non-subscribers to MidContinent Cable needs to be addressed to the proper people. below are links to Summit Commish Douple and MidcoSportsNet. I believe this was the first year that an internet feed was not available. They need to realize that for the majority of fans from all schools involved that we are either outside the Midco footprint and not all cable, satellite providers carry FoxCollegeSports Network. As I said before most Fox Sports Network affiliates pick and chose what they want to carry and most carry what Fox Sports Network provides. And for most that is not FoxCollegeSports. To provide an internet feed for only subscribers of Midco cable is wrong and should be addressed. The only way things will change for next year is if everyone affected says something. I have sent emails, tweets, and phone calls to Midco,Douple and DishNetwork( to add FoxCollegeSports to their multisport package). I urge you to do the same. We missed some great games because of this and I for one am pissed about it.
                            douple@thesummitleague.org
                            http://www.midcosportsnet.com/aboutus/contactus/
                            http://www.dish.com/chat/

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              He went down with about 8 minutes left in the game with a potential knee injury. A sad way to end a exciting career at WIU. Coach Mo said he was not a doctor, but he felt it was a knee injury during the press conference. Bison lead only by 2 when it happened, and WIU was not the same without him. When Jack Hoeft becomes the leader, then something is missing, namely a tenacious guard.
                              I thought they were up like 9 when he got hurt then reeled off 7 straight to get within 2. or something like that. but i dont think it was 2 when it happened

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                I thought they were up like 9 when he got hurt then reeled off 7 straight to get within 2. or something like that. but i dont think it was 2 when it happened
                                You are partially correct. It was a 7 point game at the time of the injury (bison up 37-30). WIU got it to within 2 (39-37) and it looked like they might take the game over at that point in honor of Ceola, but they kept forgetting to guard Wright at the three point line on the other end and he made them pay, twice in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X