Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC to the WAC?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Weren't they the school that announced they were going to add baseball and then a year later decide against it?
    Yes! Exactly!!

They see a weak conference, meaning a better chance of making the tournament. What they don't see is a much higher travel budget, leaving them with considerably less money in the basketball budget to spend on, you know, basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I delight in your certitude, sir.
      Look, SDSU and NDSU might end up in the MVC, but UMKC is not leaving because they have concrete, actionable information to that effect.

Comment

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=18300

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          Look, SDSU and NDSU might end up in the MVC, but UMKC is not leaving because they have concrete, actionable information to that effect.
          I will cheerfully agree with you that the simplest explanation is, in fact, that Teh Stoopid is strong with the UMKC administrators.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As T.O. used to say:

T.O.Popcorn.jpg
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

More speculation and rumors from a UNI fan...

"Another message board I read has a guy who is very connected to the latest when it comes to conference realignment, and has been on top of things (a head of the public rumors) for about 3 years. He has confirmed the UMKC move and is a big proponent of at least 1, if not 2 or 3 of the Dakota's to the MVC (Not that he wants it to happen, but that is what he is hearing). to replace Creighton and likely 1 or 2 others from what he is hearing

Him coming out with this rumors is not good my friends, not good at all based on his reputation and what I've watched him come out with first (or close too) and be right."

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...art=252#p54019

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                From Twitter

• 16mSteven St.John ‏@SSJ_WHB
                  BREAKING: UMKC has officially accepted an invitation to join the Western Athletic Conference.

This was retweeted by Tyler Merriam

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm wondering what the H is going on... but as theorized here... the only thing that makes slight sense, is that somehow UMKC KNOWS that the Summit League is dying.

USD, IPFW, IUPUI, WIU, and Omaha are going to be in a world of hurt. The U and Omaha JUST got in the Summit!

If Creighton is joining the Catholic league...it makes sense for the MVC to add members, and schools that are already FB members would make the most sense.

SDSU and NDSU make the most sense. However, that would make the Conference 11 strong...why not go 12? and have 2 divisions?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I'm wondering what the H is going on... but as theorized here... the only thing that makes slight sense, is that somehow UMKC KNOWS that the Summit League is dying.

USD, IPFW, IUPUI, WIU, and Omaha are going to be in a world of hurt. The U and Omaha JUST got in the Summit!

If Creighton is joining the Catholic league...it makes sense for the MVC to add members, and schools that are already FB members would make the most sense.

SDSU and NDSU make the most sense. However, that would make the Conference 11 strong...why not go 12? and have 2 divisions?
                    Would you take WIU or USD? I think you have to mention WIU as much as USD if 3 are going.

Comment

• Re: UMKC to the WAC?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Would you take WIU or USD? I think you have to mention WIU as much as USD if 3 are going.
                      The Illinois schools might have issues with WIU, not sure. They don't play Bradley and they are right next to each other.

If this true maybe it explains why the Dakota schools didn't get MVC matchups in Bracketbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        The Illinois schools might have issues with WIU, not sure. They don't play Bradley and they are right next to each other.

If this true maybe it explains why the Dakota schools didn't get MVC matchups in Bracketbusters.
                        I have issues with USD.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I have issues with USD.
                          HA!!
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Maybe the reason NDSU and SDSU did not get a Valley school in Bracketbuster is because they could not return a home and home.

That is my conspiracy theory for the day

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              Maybe the reason NDSU and SDSU did not get a Valley school in Bracketbuster is because they could not return a home and home.That is my conspiracy theory for the day
                              Conspiracies! I like it. I'm going to go put on my tin foil hat.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                                The problem is I think all our like minded peers are in the MVC.
                                This must be kept in mind.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X