• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FargoBison
    replied
    Re: UMKC to the WAC?

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Quite possibly the most delusional conference fanbase I have seen. NMSU may be the best there in the short term. Idaho leaves after next year. You can bet your ass NMSU is looking to leave the WAC as soon as they can. One one outside those two and Denver wouldn't sniff the top of the Summit. Will we drop off next year? Yes, but not as much as those yahoos think we will. Give it a couple years and the WAC will be one of the lowest if not the lowest rated conference in basketball.

Got to love seeing a Sioux fan trolling their board and running his mouth about the Summit.
    Delusional is right, some of them truly believe the WAC is on par with the Summit. Others think they'll get some big TV deal in the near future because of all their big markets. I'm glad we could rescue Denver. I do feel for NMSU...they deserve so much better.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

I wasn't paying attention to SDSU before they went D1. I know they had several games against Metro State. I notice that they're undefeated and ranked only a few slots under SDSU(105 v 115) in the Massey Ratings. Could they go DI and paired with DU? I assume that they're marginal academically and have bad facilities. Would Denver puke at the idea of slumming?

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Quite possibly the most delusional conference fanbase I have seen. NMSU may be the best there in the short term. Idaho leaves after next year. You can bet your ass NMSU is looking to leave the WAC as soon as they can. One one outside those two and Denver wouldn't sniff the top of the Summit. Will we drop off next year? Yes, but not as much as those yahoos think we will. Give it a couple years and the WAC will be one of the lowest if not the lowest rated conference in basketball.

Got to love seeing a Sioux fan trolling their board and running his mouth about the Summit.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

The WAC fans are losing their minds due to their win last night...

There is no massive quality gap between the Summit and WAC. That is a bad take. In fact, next year the WAC should be ranked higher than the Summit with Idaho still in the league.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=45...=11268261&p=13

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Were those refs from the WAC, being an independant, I would think they could hire just about anyone who may or may not qualify. Those guys might have been local yokels.
    the refs at the Bakersfield game are not associated with any conference. Like I stated in that thread this was the first game of the year for two of the refs and the fourth for the third and all those games have been for CSUB. The ref with the most experience previously did games only for Hawaii before going over to CSUB.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    I don't envy the Roos the quality of officiating that WAC will likely bring, at least at Bakersfield.
    Were those refs from the WAC, being an independant, I would think they could hire just about anyone who may or may not qualify. Those guys might have been local yokels.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
    I lived in KC for some of the time Zvosec was their Coach he did have some pretty good teams, but that sounded high to me too. I went over to the KC board and one of their fans posted their avg. attendance.

Here is what he posted for UMKC

2000: 2,622
    2001: 2,854
    2002: 3,549
    2003: 3,858
    2004: 3,074
    2005: 3,671
    2006: 2,184
    2007: 1,505
    2008: 1,857
    2009: 1,855
    2010: 1,749
    2011: 1,327
    2012: 1,308

Go State!
    Thanks for posting this 89, I see they kind of hit their peak in 2005, with an average of over 3600. That would be a good number for any mid major. Things have been on a decline since, and I dont see them improving by moving to the WAC and leaving the SL.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

I don't envy the Roos the quality of officiating that WAC will likely bring, at least at Bakersfield.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

The numbers tell a story regardless of the original claims. If you lose 60%+ attendance, it must be time to jump off a cliff and see if you are standing at the top of the WAC. It does ot appear that the umkc will improve much soon. The women program is a bit ahead of the men, but still there is no interest. Give the AD a raise and change conferences. It might work.

Leave a comment:

• 89rabbit
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Found this quote suprising.

"By contrast, in Zvosec's third season as coach, UMKC had 3,500 season-ticket holders and was averaging nearly 6,000 fans a game – modest numbers by most Division I standards but compared to the paltry crowds now, the crowds were impressive."

Really? At one time they had 3500 season-ticket holders.
    I lived in KC for some of the time Zvosec was their Coach he did have some pretty good teams, but that sounded high to me too. I went over to the KC board and one of their fans posted their avg. attendance.

Here is what he posted for UMKC

2000: 2,622
    2001: 2,854
    2002: 3,549
    2003: 3,858
    2004: 3,074
    2005: 3,671
    2006: 2,184
    2007: 1,505
    2008: 1,857
    2009: 1,855
    2010: 1,749
    2011: 1,327
    2012: 1,308

Go State!

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

I kind of liked #85. LETS GO BEAVERS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    The fact that you guys found a SDSU cheerleader from an article about UMKC going to WAC makes me laugh. Well done
    Glad someone else appreciated the correlation as well.

I always thought I'd outgrow my juvenile sense of humor, but having to be serious more often as adult has only made these things funnier.

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    The fact that you guys found a SDSU cheerleader from an article about UMKC going to WAC makes me laugh. Well done
    There was an article about UMKC?

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I don't want to sound like a perv but holy wow. a very well put together picture collection.
    +1 That is one of the best cheerleader photo collections i've seen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X