UMKC to the WAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMKC to the WAC?

I have tired of the conference shuffle so I haven't followed it of late. I read the story linked above and saw this: "...although Idaho is expected to leave for the Big Sky in 2014-15."

I recall reading some speculation about that but is anyone aware of some substance to Idaha moving down to FCS in football -- that'd be a return to its roots.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      For the sports they offer,the Roos have quite a substantial budget.

Comment

for what its worth when I was over at Oakland for the USD womens game, to see them lose made my night, I was talking to some Oakland alumni and he said they want to go to the Horizon for a better fit, but to do so they would have to "Pay someone off" which sounds like hopefully they aint going anywhere for awhile. they hate mirror scheduling also.

Comment

Had UMKC joined the Great West and taken NJIT in a 12 game series, they could've gotten very competitive even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Had UMKC joined the Great West and taken NJIT in a 12 game series, they could've gotten very competitive even faster.
            The problem is that NJIT is better. About 7 points per game better according to Sagarin.

UMKC is really, really, really bad at men's basketball.

Really quite awfully bad.

322 out of 347 bad.

They got swept by Houston Baptist.

They're set up to be the bottom-feeder in a very much weaker WAC next year than the Summit, which is starting to be a fairly salty league for a mid-major, with five, possibly six teams next year that come into the season with a halfway-decent shot at the championship (NDSU, Oakland, Denver, maybe WIU, maybe SDSU, maybe USD?). I said a while back that the bottom of the Summit needed to improve in order for the Summit to actually advance. Cutting the weakest member, and bringing in a top-100 program like Denver, does the trick for me.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Guess I owe NJIT an apology, they are leading the GW with an actual overall winning %. You're right, HBU is in the cellar and still swept UMKC. Gotta go see Lindenwood play Southwest Baptist. Sure it will be a better atmosphere than hanging in the Swinney.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I have tired of the conference shuffle so I haven't followed it of late. I read the story linked above and saw this: "...although Idaho is expected to leave for the Big Sky in 2014-15."

I recall reading some speculation about that but is anyone aware of some substance to Idaha moving down to FCS in football -- that'd be a return to its roots.
                Idaho is joining the Big Sky in 2014 for everything except football. They're still hoping for some miracle in football and are planning on remaining independent there until they find a home. Personally, I give them less than 5 years as an independent before they either go FCS or drop football altogether. I wouldn't even be surprised if they started playing Big Sky football for the 2015 season.

Comment

UMKC jump the gun? Word is that Creighton will not get an invite to the Catholic 7 when they expand.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    UMKC jump the gun. Word is that Creighton will not get an invite to the Catholic 7 when they expand.
                    At this point, I'd think that the Summit League would require at least another $250k to take UMKC back.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                      UMKC jump the gun. Word is that Creighton will not get an invite to the Catholic 7 when they expand.
                      I was hoping that Creighton would get their fingers slammed in the door and NOT get an invite. If that is indeed true that they will be on the outside looking in, I might just pull for them in the upcoming tourney. If they were to make a run to, say the sweet 16 - you would think that the pressure would be on to include them.

I'm all for cosmic disarray. Makes each morning interesting, doesn't it?

Comment

Ah someone from KC finally looked at and understands what the WAC will be next year

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/0...05&feedID=5089

Comment

Ah someone from KC finally looked at and understands what the WAC will be next year

Found this quote suprising.

"By contrast, in Zvosec's third season as coach, UMKC had 3,500 season-ticket holders and was averaging nearly 6,000 fans a game – modest numbers by most Division I standards but compared to the paltry crowds now, the crowds were impressive."

Really? At one time they had 3500 season-ticket holders.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Found this quote suprising.

"By contrast, in Zvosec's third season as coach, UMKC had 3,500 season-ticket holders and was averaging nearly 6,000 fans a game – modest numbers by most Division I standards but compared to the paltry crowds now, the crowds were impressive."

Really? At one time they had 3500 season-ticket holders.
                            I was surprised by that too... It does kind of make sense though, what is the live winter sports scene like in KC (I think they have some form of hockey)? Its a big town with lots of sports fans, not a lot of options for watching live sports other than KU and Missouri and those are probably hard to get tickets for...
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It appears that the current administration has taken p**s poor management to a new level. They need to count the band twice to get over a hundred. The chancellor and AD should have this program ready to decertify in a couple of years if this move does not bring the fans back.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

if your read the article go to the NCAA cheerleader picture galllery in the sidebar and go to picture 26. Go State

Comment

Working...
                                X