X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: In other scores . . .

Oakland beats Rochester College rather unimpressively, 77 to 62. Travis Bader makes 1 of 12 FGs (0-9 3pt). It looks like he picked a good night to play poorly. I hope we catch him on a night like this.

IPFW beats a bad Dartmouth team 65 to 61.

The Summit goes 2-0 tonight.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonRabbit
    replied

Is ORU unbeatable? I don't think so when you look at their scores and the teams they are beating. I also think Oakland is beatable this year as well. There are alot of games left until the Summit tournament, but I have a warm cozy feeling about the Jacks heading into Christmas. I sure hope I have this same feeling the end of February.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

The "Shot Seen by 250 people"

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Similar to the shot WIU had at the end of SDSU game. Thank goodness Jacks were up 67-63 when took the shot.

Nice Oral intervention for ORU to get the W vs UALR.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

I dunno....seems like he had the ball longer than 2.7 seconds. The clock guy had slow fingers, IMO, looked like he had the ball no less than 3.5 seconds to me.

Either way, good to have another Summit OOC win.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Very impressive, why the Arkansas Little Rock player inbounded the ball in that matter was a hugh mistake. A mid court pass would have worked as well. It might have meant free throws. Not to take away from Bell Holter, but the AKLR guy set him up for the big play.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Okay, read some comments on the ESPN page. Bell-Holter banked in 3/4 court baseball throw. Unbelievable. I must see the highlight of this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy74u...layer_embedded

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

And another win for the Summit.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Okay, read some comments on the ESPN page. Bell-Holter banked in 3/4 court baseball throw. Unbelievable. I must see the highlight of this.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

ORU beats Arkansas-Little Rock in a nailbiter, with a last second three by Bell-Holter. I don't know what or how it happened, but ORU was down 53-55 with 4 seconds left.

From what I can tell, Niles made two free throws, and UALR must have turned the ball over on the in-bounds pass, and then Bell-Holter (not a great shot) made a three.

Unbelievable if that is what happened.

Here's the link to the ESPN play by play.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playby...meId=313462031

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
    Before that was Tabor - you get a pass on that one....
    You can't fool us with that one, Hadley. We all know that school's part of Bon Homme now. I think our Black Hills State superfan JoeBoo is in the Tabor Hall of Fame. That right, Joe?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

We're starting to see what many have said all along: the addition of USD is good for the Summit League. Tyler Merriam was talking in the pregame (prior to Dakota State) show about how well the Summit is doing vs traditional power conferences and schools generally considered playing in tougher leagues than the Summit. USD's wins fit right in with the philosophy of the League and that's good for all concerned.

Leave a comment:

• joeybrownerHOF
    replied

[QUOTE=BKXD;191134]Today's Jeff Sagarin Men's BB Conference Rankings: (I know we're still early in the season, so things can change substantially...)
    12 SUMMIT LEAGUE = 74.25
    13 HORIZON = 73.00
    14 MID-AMERICAN = 72.94
    15 WESTERN ATHLETIC = 72.92
    16 ATLANTIC SUN = 72.38
    17 SUN BELT = 71.74
    18 COLONIAL = 71.57
    19 BIG SKY = 71.24
    20 IVY LEAGUE = 71.13
    21 BIG WEST = 71.06
    22 METRO ATLANTIC = 69.94
    23 SOUTHLAND = 69.30

This is as high for the Summit League as I can recall.... The out of conference games must be gaining points in the computer classification system. Where does the Summit need to be before it begins to receive consideration for multiple NCAA bids?[/

It will take a team winning a game or two and also have a non auto bid team with a RPI in the top 35-45 range. That still might not do it.

Leave a comment:

• BKXD
    replied

Today's Jeff Sagarin Men's BB Conference Rankings: (I know we're still early in the season, so things can change substantially...)
    12 SUMMIT LEAGUE = 74.25
    13 HORIZON = 73.00
    14 MID-AMERICAN = 72.94
    15 WESTERN ATHLETIC = 72.92
    16 ATLANTIC SUN = 72.38
    17 SUN BELT = 71.74
    18 COLONIAL = 71.57
    19 BIG SKY = 71.24
    20 IVY LEAGUE = 71.13
    21 BIG WEST = 71.06
    22 METRO ATLANTIC = 69.94
    23 SOUTHLAND = 69.30

This is as high for the Summit League as I can recall.... The out of conference games must be gaining points in the computer classification system. Where does the Summit need to be before it begins to receive consideration for multiple NCAA bids?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Did anyone else notice Alex Young had 43 points in IUPUI's victory over Western Kentucky?!

As long as Young is on that team, IUPUI has a chance to beat anyone in the league on any given night. I truly believe that their isn't a player in the league that can guard him if he gets hot, as he has just too much range, length, and athleticism. The good news, however, is that the team around him isn't that great and he can be really streaky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X