• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goon
    replied
    Re: In other scores . . .

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I see SDSU has cracked the Sagarin top 100 . . .

#67 - Oakland
    #77 - NDSU
    #98 - SDSU
    #118 - Oral Roberts
    #221 - IPFW
    #240 - IUPUI
    #265 - Southern Utah
    #272 - USD
    #277 - Western Illinois
    #307 - UMKC
    and bonus:
    #343 - Nebraska-Omaha

Summit as a league still at #17 but closing in on #16 Atlantic Sun (home of SDSU victim Mercer . . .)

League seems to be separating out (at this early date anyway) into an upper division of Oakland, NDSU, SDSU, Oral Roberts and a lower division of Southern Utah, USD, Western Illinois, and UMKC, with IPFW and IUPUI somewhere in between.

SDSU's next opponent, Nebraska, is Sagarin #84--which means that it should be in theory a very winnable game, but still a Good Win if the Jacks can get it.
    I would say ndsu is a little high and oral roberts is a little low. Beating neb would surely be a good win. Just loosing both the gofers and GT loses stink considering we had leads in the second half.

Anyways we are going in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I see SDSU has cracked the Sagarin top 100 . . .

#67 - Oakland
    #77 - NDSU
    #98 - SDSU
    #118 - Oral Roberts
    #221 - IPFW
    #240 - IUPUI
    #265 - Southern Utah
    #272 - USD
    #277 - Western Illinois
    #307 - UMKC
    and bonus:
    #343 - Nebraska-Omaha

Summit as a league still at #17 but closing in on #16 Atlantic Sun (home of SDSU victim Mercer . . .)

League seems to be separating out (at this early date anyway) into an upper division of Oakland, NDSU, SDSU, Oral Roberts and a lower division of Southern Utah, USD, Western Illinois, and UMKC, with IPFW and IUPUI somewhere in between.

SDSU's next opponent, Nebraska, is Sagarin #84--which means that it should be in theory a very winnable game, but still a Good Win if the Jacks can get it.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Still-dubious early season Sagarin ratings for Summit League (or, in Sagarinese: "The teams are now NOT WELL CONNECTED and so the ratings are BAYUESIAN" (i.e. weighted--I think according to last year's final ranking):
    (League overall has ticked up one notch to #17)
    #69 - Oakland
    #74 - NDSU
    #118 - Oral Roberts
    #140 - SDSU
    #220 - IPFW
    #241 - IUPUI
    #266 - USD
    #271 - Southern Utah
    #277 - Western Illinois
    #307 - UMKC
    and bonus:
    #343 - Nebraska-Omaha

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Oakland had a nice win vs Houston tonight.

The Bison smacked the Mavs, 98-65 and it could have been much worse. I kind of wonder how UNO hung with USD, UMKC and IPFW.
    I don't know about USD or IPFW, but having seen a bit of UMKC on TV, and generally observed their season to date, they are really really not a very good basketball team right now. Recall they lost to D-II NW Missouri State--not in an exhibition but in their regular season opener; after losing an exhibition to an NAIA team.

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Oakland had a nice win vs Houston tonight.

The Bison smacked the Mavs, 98-65 and it could have been much worse. I kind of wonder how UNO hung with USD, UMKC and IPFW.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    started a topic In other scores . . .

In other scores . . .

Tonight, UMKC is getting kerblasticated by Wisconsin. (Actually, we need to invent another word -- 70-27 with 7 and change to go in the game is way beyond kerblastication.)
    Georgia is trying to hang on to a win vs. Notre Dame (good for SDSU's RPI and computer ratings)
    Oakland's playing Houston tough.
Working...
X