Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In other scores . . .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In other scores . . .

    Tonight, UMKC is getting kerblasticated by Wisconsin. (Actually, we need to invent another word -- 70-27 with 7 and change to go in the game is way beyond kerblastication.)
    Georgia is trying to hang on to a win vs. Notre Dame (good for SDSU's RPI and computer ratings)
    Oakland's playing Houston tough.
    "I think we'll be OK"

  • #2
    Re: In other scores . . .

    Oakland had a nice win vs Houston tonight.

    The Bison smacked the Mavs, 98-65 and it could have been much worse. I kind of wonder how UNO hung with USD, UMKC and IPFW.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: In other scores . . .

      Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      Oakland had a nice win vs Houston tonight.

      The Bison smacked the Mavs, 98-65 and it could have been much worse. I kind of wonder how UNO hung with USD, UMKC and IPFW.
      I don't know about USD or IPFW, but having seen a bit of UMKC on TV, and generally observed their season to date, they are really really not a very good basketball team right now. Recall they lost to D-II NW Missouri State--not in an exhibition but in their regular season opener; after losing an exhibition to an NAIA team.
      "I think we'll be OK"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: In other scores . . .

        Still-dubious early season Sagarin ratings for Summit League (or, in Sagarinese: "The teams are now NOT WELL CONNECTED and so the ratings are BAYUESIAN" (i.e. weighted--I think according to last year's final ranking):
        (League overall has ticked up one notch to #17)
        #69 - Oakland
        #74 - NDSU
        #118 - Oral Roberts
        #140 - SDSU
        #220 - IPFW
        #241 - IUPUI
        #266 - USD
        #271 - Southern Utah
        #277 - Western Illinois
        #307 - UMKC
        and bonus:
        #343 - Nebraska-Omaha
        "I think we'll be OK"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: In other scores . . .

          I see SDSU has cracked the Sagarin top 100 . . .

          #67 - Oakland
          #77 - NDSU
          #98 - SDSU
          #118 - Oral Roberts
          #221 - IPFW
          #240 - IUPUI
          #265 - Southern Utah
          #272 - USD
          #277 - Western Illinois
          #307 - UMKC
          and bonus:
          #343 - Nebraska-Omaha

          Summit as a league still at #17 but closing in on #16 Atlantic Sun (home of SDSU victim Mercer . . .)

          League seems to be separating out (at this early date anyway) into an upper division of Oakland, NDSU, SDSU, Oral Roberts and a lower division of Southern Utah, USD, Western Illinois, and UMKC, with IPFW and IUPUI somewhere in between.

          SDSU's next opponent, Nebraska, is Sagarin #84--which means that it should be in theory a very winnable game, but still a Good Win if the Jacks can get it.
          "I think we'll be OK"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: In other scores . . .

            Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I see SDSU has cracked the Sagarin top 100 . . .

            #67 - Oakland
            #77 - NDSU
            #98 - SDSU
            #118 - Oral Roberts
            #221 - IPFW
            #240 - IUPUI
            #265 - Southern Utah
            #272 - USD
            #277 - Western Illinois
            #307 - UMKC
            and bonus:
            #343 - Nebraska-Omaha

            Summit as a league still at #17 but closing in on #16 Atlantic Sun (home of SDSU victim Mercer . . .)

            League seems to be separating out (at this early date anyway) into an upper division of Oakland, NDSU, SDSU, Oral Roberts and a lower division of Southern Utah, USD, Western Illinois, and UMKC, with IPFW and IUPUI somewhere in between.

            SDSU's next opponent, Nebraska, is Sagarin #84--which means that it should be in theory a very winnable game, but still a Good Win if the Jacks can get it.
            I would say ndsu is a little high and oral roberts is a little low. Beating neb would surely be a good win. Just loosing both the gofers and GT loses stink considering we had leads in the second half.

            Anyways we are going in the right direction.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: In other scores . . .

              I'd agree that ORU is low, but I think this NDSU squad will be really really tough this year. I'm worried.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: In other scores . . .

                Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I'd agree that ORU is low, but I think this NDSU squad will be really really tough this year. I'm worried.
                Please, please all I'm asking for right now is just a split. I can't take another year of losing both games to the Bison.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: In other scores . . .

                  Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Please, please all I'm asking for right now is just a split. I can't take another year of losing both games to the Bison.
                  Same here. Just some brutal losses.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: In other scores . . .

                    Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Same here. Just some brutal losses.
                    I think with our more intense defense the Bison will not be as sucessful beyond the parimeter like they have been in past years. We could just sweep the Bison if we take away the 3 pt. ters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: In other scores . . .

                      Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I think with our more intense defense the Bison will not be as sucessful beyond the parimeter like they have been in past years. We could just sweep the Bison if we take away the 3 pt. ters.
                      If I could vote I would say to stop giving up so many offensive rebounds.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                      Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: In other scores . . .

                        Originally posted by goon View Post
                        If I could vote I would say to stop giving up so many offensive rebounds.
                        Yeah that too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: In other scores . . .

                          ORU is suffering a lot of injuries to their pre-season id'ed stars. They may be "down" a la WIU last year. However, ORU is not an one trick team like WIU was last year.

                          Bison are the surprise team, and seem to be playing well so far.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: In other scores . . .

                            Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            ORU is suffering a lot of injuries to their pre-season id'ed stars. They may be "down" a la WIU last year. However, ORU is not an one trick team like WIU was last year.

                            Bison are the surprise team, and seem to be playing well so far.
                            This Bison fan still sees ORU as a solid favorite to win the SL. PG Ken Holdman is out for the year with an ACL injury, and Damen Bell-Holter has been out with back problems. Even without Bell-Holter's physical presence in the middle, they have an outstanding starting five with Daniel Roundtree, Michael Craion, Dominique Morrison, Warren Niles, and Roderick Pearson. They will not be "down" and their size and physicality will be a tough matchup for everybody in the conference.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: In other scores . . .

                              Final UMKC 64 - Woffoard 58 in OT at the Chicago Invitational Challenge. They play Longwood tomorrow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X