Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: In other scores . . .

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Broke his jaw in the exhibition loss to Moorhead State. Continued to play for 15 minutes. Mouth was wired shut after the game, and he lost about 15 pounds of muscle. First playing minutes since were in the Gopher game. Still rebuilding muscle mass and getting back into shape. Getting some bench minutes until he's up to speed. After that, who knows?
    Thanks for the update. I know the feeling having jaw wired shut. I had surgery in high school wired shut for 2 weeks lost 30 pounds. I was freakishly skinny after that. Now according to my bmi I am almost obese apparently. It took me awhile to get any stamina back. Could only imagine geing a college athlete.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      USD and fan support don't seem to fit in the same sentence any longer. That is unless they play SDSU which seems to be the sole focus of their athletic department. Is that smack? If so, sorry.
      Its not smack if its true.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

IUPUI beats WIU 75 to 68
        SUU beats UMKC 91 to 77
        ORU beats USD 79 to 67
        NDSU beats IPFW 84 to 68, outscoring them 47 to 29 in the 2nd half.

SDSU, ORU, SUU, and NDSU all go 2-0 for the weekend.

USD, IPFW, Oakland, and UMKC all go 0-2.

Next weekend the Bison and the Jacks travel to SUU and ORU, so that will be interesting.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Seriously. ORU comes to town as league favorites, and easily one of the best teams to ever come to Vermillion and they can't even get 2k into the dump?

Sad, 605 fans, just sad.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313640233
          Its not like we were packing frost when we were struggling during our transition years either. I think it will be interestung on how usd fans show up for the summit tounry in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            Bison played ugly in the first half(down by as many as 10) before a big rally halfway through the second half put IPFW to bed. Final score 84-68 Bison. Bjorklund with his third double-double of the season and Alexander scored a career high 26. The freshman and sophomore pair accounted for 49 of NDSU's 84 points. This young team finally found the free throw basket with a second half 83%. FT percentage has been horrible to date.
            I am glad we played ipfw first. We got to use our bench. We would have struggled if we had to play 3 players 40 min and only 6 deep. Wow I thought it was a lot closer. Ipfw must have throwin in the towel.

Comment

Bison women beat Oakland 78-65. Didn't see that one coming,but good for the Jacks.

Comment

Washington beat Oregon and is 2-0 in Pac 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Washington beat Oregon and is 2-0 in Pac 12.
                  It would be great if U Dub manages to win the PAC-12, definitely great for the Jacks.

Comment

1/3/12 scores:
                    IUPUI 83, UMKC 74, OT (I listened to the last minute of regulation--UMKC got seriously jobbed in Indy)
                    Oral Roberts 89, Oakland 80 (the game wasn't that close, ORU was up 17 half way through the second half--ORU is tough, OU's struggles continue)
                    IPFW 79, Southern Utah 58 (setting up a game with a bunch of angry/frustrated Thunderbirds for the Jacks on Thursday--see why I hate IPFW, T-Birds?)
                    Western Illinois 67, USD 44 (SDSU's 1-point win in Macomb looks pretty darn good right now--WIU is going to be a tough out at home for anybody, I think)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Western up by 6 on Oakland with 6:00 to go in 2nd half
                      Western up by 12 with 3:30 left to go in 2nd half
                      Western beats Oakland by 10. 71-61
                      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-05-2012, 08:03 PM. Reason: scores updates

Comment

FINAL: WIU 71, OU 61 --- waiting for that to be confirmed but I believe that's what Tyler just said.

Comment

ESPN shows that WIU/OU. Oakland is a long way from a top-2 seed now and WIU is a surprise team.

Comment

NDSU shot 68% overall and 73% from tre-land (compared to ORU's 52% and 54%)...and lost 80-89.

Not sure I've ever seen a team shoot that well and lose.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I haven't seen our old friend Grizz around here for awhile. He seemed rather confrontational last year.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                NDSU shot 68% overall and 73% from tre-land (compared to ORU's 52% and 54%)...and lost 80-89.

Not sure I've ever seen a team shoot that well and lose.
                                Without looking at the stats,they must have turned it over a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X