X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: In other scores . . .

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    Gregg Kampe thinks we are the best team in the Summit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teZiLEvUqgc&feature=player_embedded#!
    Why does this make me really, REALLY nervous?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      Gregg Kampe thinks we are the best team in the Summit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teZiL...yer_embedded#!
      Greg Kampe is a great interview. My second favorite coach in the Summit (behind Saul of course).

Comment

I was looking at the NDSU mens stats just to see where we are compared, and they are very similar, a little better scoring in sides then we are but we score more with the 3. Other wise stats are very simmilar. What really jumped out to me is that Carlson is he hurt or what but stats wise along with zastrow are non factors this year. Similar to us both are very young teams with long and athletic players. I know I am interested to see how we do with oakland at home after then got drubbed at NDSU. Oakland is probably going to take out all the stops to get a win considering they get ORU at home for their next game. I think ORU Oakland and the xdsu are going to beat each other up. The games against the lower ranked summit teams are so vital. NDSU always seems to have a hard time with western Ill for some reason which is good for us. Now if we can find a way to beat those stinkin bison, I think we will be alright this year.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          We are horrible. Period end of discussion
          Your womens team is pretty salty though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            We are horrible. Period end of discussion
            And your best 2 players are seniors

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Your womens team is pretty salty though.
              One could argue, that only 1200 people showed up to the Dakotadome to watch the 2 best women's teams that will play in the state of South Dakota last night, while 1776 showed up to watch the Jacks and Grizzlies. (I guess they will all be in Sioux Falls again in March - but I'd have to think that the Coyotes Women deserve a better showing for their women's attendance from the Coyote faithful)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                One could argue, that only 1200 people showed up to the Dakotadome to watch the 2 best women's teams that will play in the state of South Dakota last night, while 1776 showed up to watch the Jacks and Grizzlies. (I guess they will all be in Sioux Falls again in March - but I'd have to think that the Coyotes Women deserve a better showing for their women's attendance from the Coyote faithful)
                Huh? Nothing against the Coyote women but aren't they 1-2 in conference play with no games played against major conference foes? Had AJ not gone out and taken on schools with RPIs well below 100 what kind of record would our women be sporting going into conference season? How about we wait and see if the Coyote women are deserving before putting them in the same league as ORU and SDSU. Two teams who have proven, year after year that they really are at the top of the conference.

Comment

The Coyotes won't be in Sioux Falls. They're not tournament eligible until next year.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My comment wasn't a shot at our women, it was something of a compliment to the Coyote women. (and a shot at Coyote fans for not supporting their teams. I struggle to give them credit for anything without taking a snarky shot at them in the same breath. Something I'm not proud of, but it is real, no less.)

I forgot that they get to sit this spring out, as the last year of their transition.

I will not back down from our record of excellence, but I simply wanted to acknowledge that they appear to have a pretty nice team that they should get out and support with some rear-ends in seats in Verminland.

Comment

I do hope (and expect) that USD will not have the luxury of knowing that they will be playing in the WNIT as the best of the Summit, as the Jacks did in their first year in Summit, and last in transition.

Comment

My comment wasn't a shot at our women, it was something of a compliment to the Coyote women. (and a shot at Coyote fans for not supporting their teams. I struggle to give them credit for anything without taking a snarky shot at them in the same breath. Something I'm not proud of, but it is real, no less.)

I forgot that they get to sit this spring out, as the last year of their transition.

I will not back down from our record of excellence, but I simply wanted to acknowledge that they appear to have a pretty nice team that they should get out and support with some rear-ends in seats in Verminland.
                        "Snarky comment" - are you related to Stu Whitney
                        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I was looking at the NDSU mens stats just to see where we are compared, and they are very similar, a little better scoring in sides then we are but we score more with the 3. Other wise stats are very simmilar. What really jumped out to me is that Carlson is he hurt or what but stats wise along with zastrow are non factors this year. Similar to us both are very young teams with long and athletic players. I know I am interested to see how we do with oakland at home after then got drubbed at NDSU. Oakland is probably going to take out all the stops to get a win considering they get ORU at home for their next game. I think ORU Oakland and the xdsu are going to beat each other up. The games against the lower ranked summit teams are so vital. NDSU always seems to have a hard time with western Ill for some reason which is good for us. Now if we can find a way to beat those stinkin bison, I think we will be alright this year.
                          Broke his jaw in the exhibition loss to Moorhead State. Continued to play for 15 minutes. Mouth was wired shut after the game, and he lost about 15 pounds of muscle. First playing minutes since were in the Gopher game. Still rebuilding muscle mass and getting back into shape. Getting some bench minutes until he's up to speed. After that, who knows?

Comment

USD and fan support don't seem to fit in the same sentence any longer. That is unless they play SDSU which seems to be the sole focus of their athletic department. Is that smack? If so, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              USD and fan support don't seem to fit in the same sentence any longer. That is unless they play SDSU which seems to be the sole focus of their athletic department. Is that smack? If so, sorry.
                              Seriously. ORU comes to town as league favorites, and easily one of the best teams to ever come to Vermillion and they can't even get 2k into the dump?

Sad, 605 fans, just sad.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313640233
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Bison played ugly in the first half(down by as many as 10) before a big rally halfway through the second half put IPFW to bed. Final score 84-68 Bison. Bjorklund with his third double-double of the season and Alexander scored a career high 26. The freshman and sophomore pair accounted for 49 of NDSU's 84 points. This young team finally found the free throw basket with a second half 83%. FT percentage has been horrible to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X