X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: In other scores . . .

It was a good night for the Summit tonight. IPFW beat UNO, IUPUI beat Western Kentucky, USD beat Morehead State, UMKC beat Southeast Missouri State, and WIU beat Eastern Ill.

NDSU lost a close one to Arizona State and Oakland lost by 10 to #18 Michigan. SUU loses to Weber State, but who gives a crap, they will fit in with the rest of the Big Sky.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

I believe I have heard of Canisius. What is this "Wyoming" you speak of?

Leave a comment:

• HadleyCoyote
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    The last two or three games USD has played, I have never heard of their opponent before.
    The last two opponents were Oakland and IPFW. Pretty sure you've heard of them.

Before that was Tabor - you get a pass on that one.

Before that was Wyoming...should I keep going?

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Jesuiit College located in Buffalo New York, play in the same league as Niagara and Marist

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
    In other scores ORU lost at OU 73-59 and USD won at Canisius 67-55. I would think both game results were within expectations.
    The last two or three games USD has played, I have never heard of their opponent before.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

In other scores ORU lost at OU 73-59 and USD won at Canisius 67-55. I would think both game results were within expectations.
    Last edited by Prairiehaas; 12-09-2011, 07:39 PM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Oh, sorry I don't make asinine statements with no actual knowledge or backing. All of your comments and criticisms about the YPD are more amusing now, though.
    I guess the answer would be no.

and

Deep Throat is my source.

and

I'd rather say things that amuse or are asinine once in awhile than be a jackass all the time (Clarification: I am not calling RO a jackass that is in reference to his tagline).

Now, back to the other scores portion of the forum. I apologize for inciting this mini riot. 2 lashes for me.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Better fitting panties today?
    Maybe it's because it's getting closer to finals week.

RO has a point although maybe he should prove his point with some better words.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Oh, sorry I don't make asinine statements with no actual knowledge or backing. All of your comments and criticisms about the YPD are more amusing now, though.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Source? He seems like a pretty down to earth dude and from what I've seen plays unselfish basketball. I'm not sure if I've disagreed more with a post on this board.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

I'm still waiting for MD's source on where Hamilton said that he only cared about how he looked and what he gained.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Agreed but there have been others who have been a little critical of Hamilton.

The games between the Jacks and Griz should be great contests.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I don't agree on the comments about Hamilton. I watched the Oakland v. Tennessee game and noted at one point the TV commentators talked about what a good guy he was...if my memory is correct, they said something like "mature young man" and said he was polite etc.

Top atheltes have to be confident. I don't think Coach Kampe's comments are all that different than those our coach sometimes makes including, for example, his comments about some of our leaders: the good shooters want to have the ball and keep shooting. Good shooters seem to be convinced that everything they put up is going through the net.

I think a lot of teams would love to have Hamilton on their roster.
    For the record, I'm pretty sure RO's tongue was planted firmly in his left...no, right cheek.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

I don't agree on the comments about Hamilton. I watched the Oakland v. Tennessee game and noted at one point the TV commentators talked about what a good guy he was...if my memory is correct, they said something like "mature young man" and said he was polite etc.

Top atheltes have to be confident. I don't think Coach Kampe's comments are all that different than those our coach sometimes makes including, for example, his comments about some of our leaders: the good shooters want to have the ball and keep shooting. Good shooters seem to be convinced that everything they put up is going through the net.

I think a lot of teams would love to have Hamilton on their roster.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Hamilton is all about Hamilton, that is for sure. He is worried about how he looks on the court and what he might gain. He has said as much himself.
    He sounds like a real selfish prick...

"From a coaching standpoint, you'll challenge players capable of accepting the challenge," Kampe said. "He wants the challenge. He wants me to get on him in front of everybody."
    "He'll get after you, but I'd rather Coach Kampe yell at me than the other guys, because I know I can take it," Hamilton said. "I like being the leader."
    "He's probably the best player I've ever had to yell at (to) shoot more," Kampe said. "If your best players are your best leaders, you're in good shape. That's the case."
    http://www.freep.com/article/20111109/SPORTS08/111090328/Reggie-Hamilton-ready-lead-Oakland-basketball

-rep for terrible post if I could.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X