Trouble up in Bison Land Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble up in Bison Land Again

Pardon me, your honor. Is OK to set this FCS National Championship Trophy on the defense table while we deal with this minor matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Pardon me, your honor. Is OK to set this FCS National Championship Trophy on the defense table while we deal with this minor matter?
      Spot on and here is the bottom line on this matter. Ojuri misses one game due to suspension. What a joke.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/376186/

Comment

And in related news... staffers from the Obama and Romney campaigns were waiting outside the courthouse with job offers for the players.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          And in related news... staffers from the Obama and Romney campaigns were waiting outside the courthouse with job offers for the players.
          Luckily, election day is early enough that the players can be back in Fargo in time for the playoffs.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Does anyone actually care that they weren't suspended? Or is this just good ol' fashion fake moral outrage?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Does anyone actually care that they weren't suspended? Or is this just good ol' fashion fake moral outrage?
              Well boys will be boys and its their school, so what kind of outrage would be appropriate? None that I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Well boys will be boys and its their school, so what kind of outrage would be appropriate? None that I can tell.
                I don't know. It's just one of those WGAF stories. I can't pretend to get worked up over something like this.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Blaming the messenger is rampant over on Bisonville - and the familar refrain that this would be no big deal if others (UND fans, media, those who dared suggest that breaking election law should be considered beyond how it affects the chance for a sports championship) weren't so envious.
                  But this one took the prize: Someone asks if the paper slandered the players by printing their pictures - AND INCLUDED ALL 10 PICTURES IN THE POST.

Comment

In 2007 Goldman Sachs sold a $1B package of mortgage securities called "Timberwolf 1". They knew the securities were of lower quality than they were represented to be and the evidence of this is the comparatively large hedge they took out against the securities.

Nobody died as a result of this. No one was injured. There were no stolen goods at issue.

All Goldman Sachs did is lie to a bunch of people. That's it. That's the only 'crime' here. Lying.

The NDSU players are directly responsible for roughly $140k in losses to Terra Strategies and/or the organizers that paid them, due to the massive amount of fraud they committed. As well as undisclosed losses on the medical marijuana initiative.

Of course, all they did is lie, so, you know, no biggie.

Comment

• Re: Trouble up in Bison Land Again

And this is hardly an endorsement of a program that is, basically, the face of NDSU:

Judge Douglas Herman said during sentencing that the defendants were "not smart enough, grown up enough or sophisticated enough" to understand the consequences of their actions
                      (from the AP write-up)

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        Now thats a non-partisan way of describing the staffers.

Comment

I'm not really outraged, but it seems a little more serious than the sentences and lack of suspensions.

If zooropa's numbers are correct, their mistake cost a group $140,000. I wonder if they will seek any sort of compensation for their loss...

I have a pretty good guess how Bisonville would feel about this if similar actions cost them a vote on something like a new basketball arena.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think there should be some sort of billboard up in the Dykhouse just full of newspaper clippings of football players, or even just athletes from across the country who have done something to break the rules or law. It should be titled: "Stupid **** You Shouldn't DO!" Since our athletes have one of the highest collective GPA's in the country, I assume they don't do too many stupid things, but not everything is in the rulebooks. Learn from others.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              I think there should be some sort of billboard up in the Dykhouse just full of newspaper clippings of football players, or even just athletes from across the country who have done something to break the rules or law. It should be titled: "Stupid **** You Shouldn't DO!" Since our athletes have one of the highest collective GPA's in the country, I assume they don't do too many stupid things, but not everything is in the rulebooks. Learn from others.
                              The SDSU Coaching staff keeps all kinds of score cards on each player and from week to week they are graded. At a Difference Makers meeting this was explained. One of our injured players missed a session with the trainers and spend the following week wearing a pink jersy during practice. I mention this to support my point.
                              A voting fraud incident that you have witnessed at NDSU would never happen at SDSU without one of the staff getting wind of it and stopping it before it happens. Bohl and staff at NDSU do not appear to have any kind of controll over their guys during the summer or during non practice hours. They might have recruited better talent than SDSU, but controlling their conduct off the field is no where near what Stig has in place. Thats the differnce between the two programs.

Since most of our players are getting a free education, they should be held accountable for all of their actions as long as they are part of the program and receiving free aid. If I were a Teammaker, I would not be feeling good about their team right now. Just wait and see, there will be more off field incidents.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                The SDSU Coaching staff keeps all kinds of score cards on each player and from week to week they are graded. At a Difference Makers meeting this was explained. One of our injured players missed a session with the trainers and spend the following week wearing a pink jersy during practice. I mention this to support my point.
                                A voting fraud incident that you have witnessed at NDSU would never happen at SDSU without one of the staff getting wind of it and stopping it before it happens. Bohl and staff at NDSU do not appear to have any kind of controll over their guys during the summer or during non practice hours. They might have recruited better talent than SDSU, but controlling their conduct off the field is no where near what Stig has in place. Thats the differnce between the two programs.

Since most of our players are getting a free education, they should be held accountable for all of their actions as long as they are part of the program and receiving free aid. If I were a Teammaker, I would not be feeling good about their team right now. Just wait and see, there will be more off field incidents.
                                Not sure you can make the bolded statement. Kids do dumb stuff everywhere, and they have in the past at SDSU. It isn't possible to babysit 60+ college kids.

The difference is how the staff approaches recruiting and problems (before and after they occur).

I agree with your statement of more off field incidents at NDSU. Bohl doesn't need to worry about that, though. Barring something that gets him fired on the spot, he will be long gone before there are any consequences.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X