USD vs. Anyone for title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD vs. Anyone for title

My wife and I once drove to St. Cloud (from Brookings) to watch their men's basketball team play in the regional finals. We went and cheered for them because they were a fellow NCC team. Would I do the same for the Coyotes:

1) Not if it was played in the Dome.

2) Well...ummm...ahhhhh...depends on whether there is a change in the attitude and behavior at USD now that they have moved to a higher level...will their official ticket takers still wear t-shirts with slogans demeaning their opponents (something you have never seen and never will see at SDSU)...will I sit in front of a USD official who curses (including the now officially accepted f-word), will USD security officials actually eject a Coyote Crazy who harasses the visitor's bench players in a demeaning way?

Actually I think some of that may change because the Summit League will take a harder stand on that kind of behavior I believe. If that is true...well, ummm, aaahhh...I'll think about it and make a decision at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Depends on what kind of USD fan's I have been around proximate to the date of the game.
      I think this is part of my answer and the other part is who they play.
      Oakland's band had a rabbit with a noose around it's neck. They were stomping on it. When they beat SDSU's men, they were chanting that the Arena was their house. That isn't all bad but I'm not a fan of things like that.
      I know all schools have fans that are rowdy and that's up to them. I just think that I'd rather have a team win the has respectful fans, players, cheerleaders and officials.
      I'd probably take USD over teams like Oakland and Oral Roberts but I'd take NDSU over them.
      This all depends on what sport it is too. I know a few people that play for USD in some sports.
      In other words, I have no clue. It depends on the circumstances.

Comment

I ALWAYS cheer against the Yankees. I ALWAYS cheer against Notre Dame. I ALWAYS cheer against Tiger Woods. And I ALWAYS cheer against USD. I LOVED it when they choked the DII womens basketball. Its genetic. No excuses. No apologies. ALWAYS.

(And I have a second degree from the U)

Comment

I'll root for any men's basketball team from our conference to win games in the NCAA tournament over any opponent (yes, even Kansas) . . . because that means more money for us.

Otherwise . . . meh. Doesn't really matter one way or another to me.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have to kind of agree with filbert on this one. Sure USD winning a title is good for the state as a whole and therefore I won't cheer against them.

The scenario I keep playing in my head is SDSU and USD both playing games in the evening session of the Summit League Championship. I can't say I would be headed into the building saying "We have to get the state a couple of wins tonight!" It wouldn't matter to me one way or the other.

Now, heads up? That is another thing entirely! I bleed yellow and blue baby!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
              I ALWAYS cheer against the Yankees. I ALWAYS cheer against Notre Dame. I ALWAYS cheer against Tiger Woods. And I ALWAYS cheer against USD. I LOVED it when they choked the DII womens basketball. Its genetic. No excuses. No apologies. ALWAYS.

(And I have a second degree from the U)
              I don't always cheer against any teams except Duke men's basketball and the coyotes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I don't always cheer against any teams except Duke men's basketball and the coyotes.
                I'll cheer against the following teams at all times, unless a win benefits one of my teams: Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, White Sox, Indiands, Eagles, Giants, Red Skins, Vikings, Patriots.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I'll cheer against the following teams at all times, unless a win benefits one of my teams: Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, White Sox, Indiands, Eagles, Giants, Red Skins, Vikings, Patriots.

Does that mean you will cheer for the Lions?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

you must be a twins fan and a cowboy fan?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      Does that mean you will cheer for the Lions?
                      I will, especially if they are playing the coyotes.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I believe SE LA is coming into Vermillion this year in FB.

Comment

The way the Detroit Lions played last year I wouldnt bet against the coyotes. Maybe Stafford will change all that.

Comment

I'm not sure I will ever cheer for anyone else after the way I got rolled in fantasy baseball today...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              you must be a twins fan and a cowboy fan?
                              Yes sir.

And of course I'll cheer for the Lions. They need it.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

YF, I have actually grown to respect you but to answer your question:

I would rather light myself on fire and jump off of an over-pass into oncoming traffic than root for the Coyotes in anything...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X