Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD vs. Anyone for title

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I don't know how to set up a poll, so I'll do it blindly. The question is this:

"If USD played anyone other than SDSU for a tournament title, or a national title, would you as Jack fans cheer for USD or hope they get their butts handed to them?"
    YF:
    1. Is there a "right" answer, in your estimation?
    2. Like Pavlov to the bell, this will probably invite more buzz from the fresh-off-the-ban poster who shall remain nameless who felt it was the absolute obligation for Jacks fans to cheer for the Bizun in the Summit men's tournament. Thanks for that.
    3. The fact that this began in smack does not bode well for the use of its data.
    4. Jacks fans cheer for the Jacks and don't usually have much energy or time to worry about questions like this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      YF:
      1. Is there a "right" answer, in your estimation?
      2. Like Pavlov to the bell, this will probably invite more buzz from the fresh-off-the-ban poster who shall remain nameless who felt it was the absolute obligation for Jacks fans to cheer for the Bizun in the Summit men's tournament. Thanks for that.
      3. The fact that this began in smack does not bode well for the use of its data.
      4. Jacks fans cheer for the Jacks and don't usually have much energy or time to worry about questions like this.
      Geez Nova, it is a simple question. One of your moderators asked if I would use it in the future as being arrogant, and I said NO.

I just want to know if you would cheer for or against.....now when I went to college (years ago) it wouldn't have been regarded as a tough question.

Comment

Geez Nova, it is a simple question. One of your moderators asked if I would use it in the future as being arrogant, and I said NO.

I just want to know if you would cheer for or against.....now when I went to college (years ago) it wouldn't have been regarded as a tough question.
        Depends

Comment

I won’t cheer for USD unless they’re:

A) Playing an FBS opponent; OR
          B) A USD victory directly helps SDSU
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I would not cheer for, or against. I just would not care.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              I would not cheer for, or against. I just would not care.

I'll 2nd that answer, if you're counting.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I KNEW this survey sounded familiar. YFE, you've already polled yourself on the flip side, as stated in this excerpt from your December post on a "Coyote Athletics" string!!! (bolditalics added)

"Lastly, quite frankly I am not a SDSU hater. Quite the opposite. I do cheer for them when they play anyone but USD. I am rare in that regard, I understand that. But what is best for the state of South Dakota is to have two teams be contenders. Your program has done many things correct. They have done somethings wrong, but that would happen anywhere. But if you are honest with yourself, you have to admit your biggest fear is having all this BIG TALK, then finally having to play USD, and get your butts handed to you. You fear that more than anything."

(On that last point, there are a lot of things to fear beyond losing to the "U." Take the swine flu, allegedly started this way (it's on the Internet, it must be true):

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  I KNEW this survey sounded familiar. YFE, you've already polled yourself on the flip side, as stated in this excerpt from your December post on a "Coyote Athletics" string!!! (bolditalics added)

"Lastly, quite frankly I am not a SDSU hater. Quite the opposite. I do cheer for them when they play anyone but USD. I am rare in that regard, I understand that. But what is best for the state of South Dakota is to have two teams be contenders. Your program has done many things correct. They have done somethings wrong, but that would happen anywhere. But if you are honest with yourself, you have to admit your biggest fear is having all this BIG TALK, then finally having to play USD, and get your butts handed to you. You fear that more than anything."

(On that last point, there are a lot of things to fear beyond losing to the "U." Take the swine flu, allegedly started this way (it's on the Internet, it must be true):
                  You raise a really good issue IF I asked to poll myself. The question was would you as a SDSU fan cheer for the Coyotes in a tournament or championship final. This really isn't hard NoVa

I think I have been consistent. Don't answer the poll if you can't understand the question. In fact, kill the thread. Only 2-3 have answered honestly.

Checking out for awhile.

Comment

"If USD played anyone other than SDSU for a tournament title, or a national title, would you as Jack fans cheer for USD or hope they get their butts handed to them?"
                    My youngest son and I drove two hours to Midland, Michigan when the coyotes played Northland Univ. in the D2 football playoffs a few years ago. And yes we cheered for the coyotes, Pres Abbott and his wife were close friends of my mother when she was alive.

Comment

Depends on what kind of USD fan's I have been around proximate to the date of the game.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

i will cheer for usd to win the summit tourney and go to the big dance, as long as the jacks have already done it first. otherwise its going to be hard to do.

Comment

Nope, never. However, I have and will hope that the players do well. But just can not cheer/root for the institution.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                            Nope, never. However, I have and will hope that the players do well. But just can not cheer/root for the institution.
                            I'll support the institution, the students, and the athletes. However, I am not a coyote fan. Maybe that makes sense, maybe that doesn't. I'm a Jackrabbit fan and that by my definition means that I hate the coyotes.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good clarification MD, I can not root for the institution's teams. I want the U to be a successful school, but I can't root for their teams.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Too many scars from too many years. Never.

Comment

Working...
                                X