Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
    You guys couldn't have hung within 30 this year. It's pretty easy to make the playoffs in a joke of a league. The NSIC was better than the NCC for its last couple years. Only fans in Vermillion and Grand Forks believe the league was any good. How did you guys place the last 10 years when the NCC had all its members? And don't try to convince me that USD EVER drew for games other than SDSU...it's common knowledge. I'd still like to see your statistics.
    Are you talking about basketball? I sure hope so. Cause the NSIC was not a better football conference. That's a freaking joke.

All you have to do is look at what UND and USD did to Winona.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Do you guys really enjoy doing this or are you bored? How can you go back and forth over the same subject? USD stopped the rivalry when they wouldn't play us in transition, therefore, I see no reason we should play them until we are dang good and ready. Screw Craig and Stu and all the other idiots in the press that want the story to write itself so they don't have to do anything.

As for the histories of the football programs, SDSU was mediocre no way around it. We would always knock off one of the big three or four (UNO, NDSU, UND, UNC), but we would also manage to lose to one of the bottom feeders. No I am not talking about 50 years ago. I am talking the last 20 years. USD might have been in the same boat, but I don't know cause I didn't go there and could care less. I don't see that it matters since I don't believe either one of the schools has a NC banner hanging anywhere (for football).

Carry on if you enjoy this, but I have to believe that there is something else out there for you to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Explain your logic behind that one
        Very simple, if anyone wants to claim that SDSU is 30 points better than USD then wouldn't it be fair to say that SDSU should have at least beaten UNI regardless of motivation level from the Panthers. I believe USD lost to UNI by less than 10. SDSU should have beaten UNI to make the 30 point claim. They should have also beaten Cal Poly and handled Stephen F. Austin alot better than they did.

No one here is definately saying that USD would beat SDSU? What I am saying is that USD would be closer than 30 points. On the average, on a neutral field I already said 28-17 SDSU. I don't know why so many of you have a problem with that. Sorry that I don't think it would be 45-10. I gave my reasoning already.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          Do you guys really enjoy doing this or are you bored? How can you go back and forth over the same subject? USD stopped the rivalry when they wouldn't play us in transition, therefore, I see no reason we should play them until we are dang good and ready. Screw Craig and Stu and all the other idiots in the press that want the story to write itself so they don't have to do anything.

As for the histories of the football programs, SDSU was mediocre no way around it. We would always knock off one of the big three or four (UNO, NDSU, UND, UNC), but we would also manage to lose to one of the bottom feeders. No I am not talking about 50 years ago. I am talking the last 20 years. USD might have been in the same boat, but I don't know cause I didn't go there and could care less. I don't see that it matters since I don't believe either one of the schools has a NC banner hanging anywhere (for football).

Carry on if you enjoy this, but I have to believe that there is something else out there for you to do.

USD did not stop the rivalry, SDSU stopped it by leaving the NCC. USD was always willing to continue a home and home rivalry. SDSU did not want to do that and they still probably don't want to do it now. Don't blame USD for a problem that SDSU created.

If you (meaning any SDSU fan) want to talk up SDSU that is fine and understandable but please be reasonable. USD and SDSU were very close in their football rivalry. Just because SDSU controlled the past 15 years for the most part does not mean things will continue down that path. Heck those 15 years were some of the worst in USD football history. USD is nothing close to the program they were during that time. By saying that SDSU would win by 30 or more in football and 20 or more in basketball is just plain not being realistic and being far from humble. If I think USD sucks at something, god forbid I will admit it and have. To come out and ignore the common opponents facts and similar arguments is being unreasonable. But I guess I am the unreasonable one for thinking that USD even belongs on the same field as SDSU. That kind of an attitude by many Jacks fans is going to lead to future disappointments because it is putting to big of a burden and too high of an expectation on SDSU. They are not just going to wipe the floor with USD because they are coming from the same geograpic area and are fighting much the same battles. It's not like we are comparing USD to Oklahoma or something as much as many SDSU fans would like to think different. This response isn't necessarily just aimed at you BitsTD.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

CF, do you like pie?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
              CF, do you like pie?
              I do, I do like pie

Comment

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room (forum) is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no (rep) points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

5 minutes of my life that I can't get back. What a waste.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room (forum) is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no (rep) points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

5 minutes of my life that I can't get back. What a waste.
                  What's funny is that you just keep coming back for more. If you want to call my writing "idiotic", than what do you call yourself for repeatedly reading them over and over again.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                    What's funny is that you just keep coming back for more. If you want to call my writing "idiotic", than what do you call yourself for repeatedly reading them over and over again.
                    You obviously didn't get the movie quote reference . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A little too much red Kool Aid there chief?

Good Lord. Love how you took a cheap shot at my bake sale idea. Geez, just trying to help you guys out. I'm still waiting on my 10% for giving you guys the lead on the best pies you will ever taste.

I admire your passion for your school! You can think and say what you want in the other threads. The difference between the two schools starts right at the top and filters down from there. Sure there are always random incidents (flying rabbits and coyotes) and please let's not rehash that all again. When you compare the setup and the way the facilities are run at SDSU vs. USD there just is no comparison in how things were dealt with. Your administration did very little to prevent them. I'm not saying they were condoned but they weren't prevented and security never improved. It made for a lawless environment. I just don't care to be a part of it. There has been a different approach taken here. That kind of behavior is dealt with immediately and severly.

Coyoteforever, you are no doubt going to rebuff everything I have said there because that is what you clowns do. I expect nothing less. It is the rivalry right? Again, let's not rehash old war stories. They serve only as a reminder why not renewing the rivalry makes perfect sense.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      a.k.a. Nomorecoyotesforever
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I know this is smack and a lot of crap is flying.
                        I do like the back and forth posts between Coyote_Fan and Joeboo22 though. They were around post 79-82.
                        This year, USD would put up a fight. Next year, USD loses too much experience, leadership and size. I don't know about 30 points but it would be a fairly easy victory for SDSU. USD might have 3 big guns back but SDSU will have all their guns and add a few more.
                        Is USD considered DI next year(Serious question)? I don't think they should be this year with their schedules. When you talk about SDSU struggling against DI teams USD will just be getting there. Cal State Bakersfield is in transition and SDSU handled them. I'm sure after this year, they would do the same thing to USD. The win was by 21 points and I would say it would be around there next year.

Comment

How about this one:

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here. I gotta send him back to the South Pole.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Coyote Backer and Bisonater smacking away on an SDSU forum. What, kicked out of your own sandboxes?

Proves that all roads lead through Brookings.

Priceless.

Comment

You obviously don't follow USD basketball, either that or you just don't know basketball. Cain is probably the best player on the Yotes, no actually he is the best player. I wouldn't even consider Grimsley in the top 3 actually. Becker may or may not be #2 but as of late he is playing like it. If I had to pick 3 players on the Yotes to hold over for another year I would choose Cain, Krogman and Becker or Gentry.
                              I like Grimsley's versatility. Becker is very good. Cain is dominant at the D-II level but might not stand out against a regular diet of D-I competition. I'd take Cordova over Cain any day. Krogman is a good shooter. The question is, will he be remain a good shooter when defenses key on him. Remember how Cadwell faded into frustration when defenses concentrated on him? I don't know much about Gentry, other than he's probably the last of USD's transfer-down recruits.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Call me biased, but I'd rather have Cain than Cordova. Cordova is a big, strong kid and an obvious hard worker, but I'd rather have Cain's length and size. Cain is a BEAST on defense.

They are both very good players, though.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X