Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by rabbitden View Post
    your not on the schedule, your not going to be on the schedule (football), for now. I can't wait to see the u bring their 4000+ fans to coughlin for the one game that matters to them, not! We don't measure our success by beating the u, we have bigger fish to fry.

Grow up, move on and quit using us as your measuring stone. Start measuring your programs for accomplishments other than beating state once a year and your ticker will feel much better.
    we don't care about usd but we keep posting in these threads about usd!!!!11!1!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitden View Post
      your not on the schedule, your not going to be on the schedule (football), for now. I can't wait to see the u bring their 4000+ fans to coughlin for the one game that matters to them, not! We don't measure our success by beating the u, we have bigger fish to fry.

Grow up, move on and quit using us as your measuring stone. Start measuring your programs for accomplishments other than beating state once a year and your ticker will feel much better.
      we don't care about usd!

But i'm posting in this thread about usd!!!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        we don't care about usd!

But i'm posting in this thread about usd!!!
        I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care that I care that I don't care . . .

Whew. Made myself a bit dizzy right there.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
          Your not on the schedule, your not going to be on the schedule (Football), for now. I can't wait to see the U bring their 4000+ fans to Coughlin for the one game that matters to them, NOT! We don't measure our success by beating the U, we have bigger fish to fry.

Grow up, move on and quit using us as your measuring stone. Start measuring your programs for accomplishments other than beating State once a year and your ticker will feel much better.
          If USD had used SDSU as a measuring stick in football over the years I would actually be rather disgraced. SDSU used USD as a measuring stick more than anything as they were sitting at home watching the Yotes go to the playoffs.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Football would draw 15 grand if it was before HoboDays.... 10ish if it was after.... There is still going to be a lot of people that go just because it is a USD-SDSU game...... If the weather was nice and it by some chance had anything to do with the playoffs it could be bigger.....

As far as basketball it could be big.... basketball is hard to predict an attendance because it depends who is playing high school games in the area, the weather, is there a christmas party, and so on... There is a lot more stuff going on in the non-conference part of basketball, so it is just hard to predict attendance... It could be a sell out if it was on a good date with good weather, it could be pretty poor if the weather was bad there was high school games in the area and other things going on....

As far as who is better at basketball.... SDSU would be about a 10 point favor this year... next it I think it would be around 30.... SDSU gains White, Feigen, Rader, Peterson, Davis? and possibly one other, while loosing only Casey.... USD has a good recruiting class but nothing compared to what SDSU is going to add to there team, also USD looses, there 2 big guys in Mergen and Smith, plus Becker, Grimsley and Begeman....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Football would draw 15 grand if it was before HoboDays.... 10ish if it was after.... There is still going to be a lot of people that go just because it is a USD-SDSU game...... If the weather was nice and it by some chance had anything to do with the playoffs it could be bigger.....

As far as basketball it could be big.... basketball is hard to predict an attendance because it depends who is playing high school games in the area, the weather, is there a christmas party, and so on... There is a lot more stuff going on in the non-conference part of basketball, so it is just hard to predict attendance... It could be a sell out if it was on a good date with good weather, it could be pretty poor if the weather was bad there was high school games in the area and other things going on....

As far as who is better at basketball.... SDSU would be about a 10 point favor this year... next it I think it would be around 30.... SDSU gains White, Feigen, Rader, Peterson, Davis? and possibly one other, while loosing only Casey.... USD has a good recruiting class but nothing compared to what SDSU is going to add to there team, also USD looses, there 2 big guys in Mergen and Smith, plus Becker, Grimsley and Begeman....
              30 point favorite. What are you smoking. Until you're program proves they can put one, yes just one good season together as a D1 you are a 30 point favorite over exactly zero D1 programs. Hate to break the news to ya. I know it's been awhile since you have come out of your box but there is a world outside Brookings, SD and it's not always a bright and shiney day. I know of all the challenges USD will face and many of them are going to be very humbling. But I am not a homer and very realistic. If you honestly think SDSU is going to be a 30 point favorite, on average, against USD you are just very uninformed. It's amazing how much maneur mistaken as SDSU Ice Cream has probably been spoon fed to you by other SDSU fans. I want to start being the bookie between SDSU fans and betting because I would be a millionaire very quickly. I would take the SDSU opponent and get rich quick.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                30 point favorite. What are you smoking. Until you're program proves they can put one, yes just one good season together as a D1 you are a 30 point favorite over exactly zero D1 programs. Hate to break the news to ya. I know it's been awhile since you have come out of your box but there is a world outside Brookings, SD and it's not always a bright and shiney day. I know of all the challenges USD will face and many of them are going to be very humbling. But I am not a homer and very realistic. If you honestly think SDSU is going to be a 30 point favorite, on average, against USD you are just very uninformed. It's amazing how much maneur mistaken as SDSU Ice Cream has probably been spoon fed to you by other SDSU fans. I want to start being the bookie between SDSU fans and betting because I would be a millionaire very quickly. I would take the SDSU opponent and get rich quick.
                I'm not saying SDSU will be amazing next year I just think that USD will really struggle next year.... A team that plays roughly 9 guys in which 5 of them are seniors..... that means that USD will expect a lot out of there freshman next year, while SDSU will have its deepest and most experienced team since the last year of D-II... maybe 30 points is a little high but anything less then 20 and I think it would be a disappointment...

I live in USD country, though I think there is probably more SDSU fans.. I have been disapointed with USD's team this year I thought that they would be a lot better then they are, they are stacked with D-I transfers and are an experienced team, my question is if they are struggling with this years team what are they going to do when they loose half of the team? They have a decent recruiting class but no where near the talent of the Madison boys, and I think that USD will be expecting a lot out of there freshman... Ask an SDSU fan how it works when you are starting underclassman?

I have a question? will Nate David, Mike Lafrentz, Tate Pesicka and the Kreklow's ever play more then single digit minutes in a meaningful game? I really don't know I just see that if they have played its been very few minutes...

Comment

If USD had used SDSU as a measuring stick in football over the years I would actually be rather disgraced. SDSU used USD as a measuring stick more than anything as they were sitting at home watching the Yotes go to the playoffs.
                  I think we can safely assume one thing as fact. SDSU has NEVER used USD as a measuring stick for football. Our programs' success is much closer in basketball but, at no point, have we ever compared ourselves to USD in football. Go back and check your records and familiarize yourself with our dominance in the last decade in football. It's not even close. Also, go back to when we were both in the NCC and report back on the attendance figures. I'd be willing to bet you'll see your last couple years (while we were still in the conference) that you didn't draw for any game except SDSU. Please humor me and give me the last two season's attendance for each home game when we were on your schedule.

Comment

It's one thing to compare USD to schools that have done something in basketball but SDSU is not a good program right now. USD will be losing Becker and Grimsley and maybe Smith but he has a chance at further eligibility last I knew. I wouldn't call any of SDSU's recruits necessarily better than what USD will bring in. It's difficult to know how they will develop. USD will have Krogman, Cain and Gentry back along with the Kreklow brothers which are decent players as well. You are correct that USD will have to rely on newcomers for some minutes next season. But by looking back the most of the current team was their best as freshman or first year players in the program which was somewhat odd. Usually Boots' players get alot better but for whatever reason this group has not done that. They are gelling right now though. Hopefully it will last.

I think it's very difficult to tell how things will go with both programs.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                      I think we can safely assume one thing as fact. SDSU has NEVER used USD as a measuring stick for football. Our programs' success is much closer in basketball but, at no point, have we ever compared ourselves to USD in football. Go back and check your records and familiarize yourself with our dominance in the last decade in football. It's not even close. Also, go back to when we were both in the NCC and report back on the attendance figures. I'd be willing to bet you'll see your last couple years (while we were still in the conference) that you didn't draw for any game except SDSU. Please humor me and give me the last two season's attendance for each home game when we were on your schedule.

SDSU's attendance is dramatically up from the D2 years. Your attendance wasn't very good in the past either. USD's attendance is also up in recent years and that is without the SDSU draw on the schedule. SDSU has no playoff appearances in nearly a half century so I don't know where this so called success is coming from. Your team was rather mediocre this year. Not quite good enough is the war cry for Jackrabbit football.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

And another thing. When SDSU dominated a good portion of the 90's and early 2000's those wins against USD did not translate into bigger and better things. USD was a horrible program during the time that SDSU beat them. When USD dominated they took those wins and turned them into bigger things and playoff appearances. USD has a better football history and SDSU basketball.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU's attendance is dramatically up from the D2 years. Your attendance wasn't very good in the past either. USD's attendance is also up in recent years and that is without the SDSU draw on the schedule. SDSU has no playoff appearances in nearly a half century so I don't know where this so called success is coming from. Your team was rather mediocre this year. Not quite good enough is the war cry for Jackrabbit football.
                          You guys couldn't have hung within 30 this year. It's pretty easy to make the playoffs in a joke of a league. The NSIC was better than the NCC for its last couple years. Only fans in Vermillion and Grand Forks believe the league was any good. How did you guys place the last 10 years when the NCC had all its members? And don't try to convince me that USD EVER drew for games other than SDSU...it's common knowledge. I'd still like to see your statistics.

Comment

The Jacks were rather mediocre this year?? You need to lay off the drugs. Our losses came to Iowa State, McNeese State, UNI, Cal-Poly and Southern Illinois. An BCS and 3 teams that made the playoffs. We were 2 plays away from turning 2 of those losses into wins. Yep mediocre team at best.

Comment

The most common opponent that we had was the Northern Iowa game. I would say very even in terms of how the Yotes and Jacks played the Panthers. If anyone gets the advantage I would say USD wins. I think the Jacks do win on a neutral field but I don't think it would be a 30 point win. 28-17 would probably be a good estimate of the score. You also lost to Poly at home and USD lost to them out in Cali. USD lost to them more significantly but they also played them on the road and during a span of 3 long trips in 4 weeks. Not an excuse but a definate factor and as it turned out was the Yotes worst game of the year.

When talking about facts and looking at common opponents both teams actually stack up rather evenly. You got lucky against Stephen F Austin and the Yotes played SE Lousiana to an even game. I would call that a tie as well and against relatively even opponents. So in three instances of like opponents USD compared favorably. There is really no definitive reason to call SDSU 30 points better.

The NDSU game was a good win but other than that the Jacks did most of their damage at home.

SDSU's non conference record was not that good. What that shows me is that the Missouri Valley is probably a bit over rated or at least was this year.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

The most common opponent that we had was the Northern Iowa game. I would say very even in terms of how the Yotes and Jacks played the Panthers. If anyone gets the advantage I would say USD wins. I think the Jacks do win on a neutral field but I don't think it would be a 30 point win. 28-17 would probably be a good estimate of the score. You also lost to Poly at home and USD lost to them out in Cali. USD lost to them more significantly but they also played them on the road and during a span of 3 long trips in 4 weeks. Not an excuse but a definate factor and as it turned out was the Yotes worst game of the year.

When talking about facts and looking at common opponents both teams actually stack up rather evenly. You got lucky against Stephen F Austin and the Yotes played SE Lousiana to an even game. I would call that a tie as well and against relatively even opponents. So in three instances of like opponents USD compared favorably. There is really no definitive reason to call SDSU 30 points better.

The NDSU game was a good win but other than that the Jacks did most of their damage at home.

SDSU's non conference record was not that good. What that shows me is that the Missouri Valley is probably a bit over rated or at least was this year.
                                There was a difference between the two games against UNI, UNI didn't care about you, you aren't in their conference and they used you as a tuneup for the conference schedule. In the SDSU game against UNI, it was a conference game for first place, if you can't tell me there is a difference than you need help.

Comment

Working...
                                X