Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe they could come into Frost at a different day. I didn't say they were necessarily coming in at the same time. Obviously I meant if SDSU play each school which school would most SDSU fans want to beat the most. In other words would the cheering and crowd intensity be more if the game was against NDSU or USD. Has NDSU sold out Frost yet? I would think they would have had to by now since it's now D1 which is a much bigger animal than D2 (at least according to many).
    We keep trying to broaden your mind . . . you keep doggedly (sic) concentrating on the past . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe they could come into Frost at a different day. I didn't say they were necessarily coming in at the same time. Obviously I meant if SDSU play each school which school would most SDSU fans want to beat the most. In other words would the cheering and crowd intensity be more if the game was against NDSU or USD. Has NDSU sold out Frost yet? I would think they would have had to by now since it's now D1 which is a much bigger animal than D2 (at least according to many).
      In 2006 there was over 4,000 people at Frost for the SDSU/NDSU game. Also the largest crowd ever to see a football game in South Dakota was at the NDSU/SDSU game 2 years ago. If it was USD, I doubt there would have been that many people there because NDSU brought down a ton of people, USD wouldn't have.

Comment

It's one thing to use the exhibition excuse for a good program that played a bad game. It's another thing to use that excuse for a poor team when most of the regular games are no different. It's not as if the SW game was an exception to the rule. The Iowa State game was the exception until the program proves otherwise.
        Maybe, but for a program moving to DI, it's time to let crap like this go. If you want to compare yourself to SDSU, go off and beat a DI team. Not some DII team they played in a glorified practice.

But logic is definitely not the strong suit of UXD fans, I still laugh at the concept of more recent DII success will lead to more success in DI.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I still laugh at the concept of more recent DII success will lead to more success in DI.
          Yeah, we laugh at that, too. Sometimes a hearty guffaw, sometimes a more bitter, hollow chuckle, but that's how it goes, isn't it?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As many SDSU fans have said right here, "road games don't count".
            'Yote, let me clear this up for you OK. If you lose on the road, the game does not count. Now if you win on the road, then the game does count.

The 'Yotes have not won on the road in so long, they forgot that road victories do count.

Go State!!!
            Go Jacks!!!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              'Yote, let me clear this up for you OK. If you lose on the road, the game does not count. Now if you win on the road, then the game does count.

The 'Yotes have not won on the road in so long, they forgot that road victories do count.

Go State!!!
              Go Jacks!!!

If you're talking about football, yah the Yotes haven't won on the road in a long time alright, all the way back to their very last FCS road game. If you're talking about basketball the Yotes have only had 3 FCS road games, 2 against Big East programs and one against the defending undefeated Ivy League Champs.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

If you're talking about football, yah the Yotes haven't won on the road in a long time alright, all the way back to their very last FCS road game. If you're talking about basketball the Yotes have only had 3 FCS road games, 2 against Big East programs and one against the defending undefeated Ivy League Champs.
                Ooh! The Ivy League! Ooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Sagarin as of this week has the Summit League at #18 of the 31 D-I conferences. The Ivy is #29. That's still two positions ahead of the Independents at #31, to which you, D-I non-counter you, do not even belong yet.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  If you look up "Rival" in the dictionary, here is one definition: one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess. That definition says nothing about hating the other team or being smacked. And the simple fact is U. has nothing that they possess that SDSU wants.

SDSU definitely has something NDSU wants and USD isn't even eligible to play for.

http://www.gojacks.com//share/ViewPh...IMAGE_SIZE=400
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Maybe it is the Christmas spirt, but I say lets be nice to the Yotes today. We each got big wins before Christmas. USD beat Southwest Minnesota State and SDSU beat Iowa State. One school got a win over the NSIC and the other got a win over the Big 12. Congrats to both schools for their accomplishments!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comment

I've been too nice here lately. Time to get real again. The Yotes are just better than the Jacks. If the game was to be played Cain for the dunk over Kai Williams, Yotes go 14-27 from three point land and defeat the Jacks 86-67 in Frost to extend the winning streak to 3 over the Bunnies :-)

Yotes beat SW Min St tonight. Something neither SDSU nor UND could do.
                      I think CF is actually a Jackrabbit fan. Lets give him and everyone else a short test to see who CF's favorite team really is. Now CF fan do not cheat ahead or this simply will not work.
                      So who is your favorite team? Lets find out.
                      Again, don't scroll down until you have answered
                      all the questions.

1. Pick your favorite number between 1 and 9

2. Multiply by 3. CF fan you may want to use a calculator? Then,

3. Add 3. Then again multiply by 3.

4. You will get a 2 or 3 digit number.

5. Add the digits together.

Now scroll down for your favorite team.

1. Minn Vikings

2. Neb Huskers

3. USC Trojans

4. N.Y. Yankees

5. USD Yotes

6. NDSU Bison

7. N.D. Fighting Irish

8. UND Sioux

9. SDSU Jackrabbits

10. Iowa Hawkeyes

Congratulations! I knew it all along. And quit picking different numbers. You will always be a Jacks fan.

GBGBGJ
                      Last edited by Chains; 12-25-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: add scroll length

Comment

In the wake of the Coyoties' last-minute win over D-II Southwest Minnesota, I revise my prediction. In a real game, the SDSU men would only beat USD by 18. Next season, the probable margin of victory for the Jacks will be 25.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          In the wake of the Coyoties' last-minute win over D-II Southwest Minnesota, I revise my prediction. In a real game, the SDSU men would only beat USD by 18. Next season, the probable margin of victory for the Jacks will be 25.
                          So does that mean if the Jacks lost to SWMSU by 15 and USD beat them by 10, USD would lost to SDSU by 30?

I'm trying to understand how you do your math.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Although I remember the rivalry fondly, it's permanently broken. I doubt if USD would draw any better than Centenary. You could possibly get 2000 in there, certainly nowhere in the range of NDSU. The good old days are best forgotten. No one other than a few old timers like me gives a crap about USD-- never will, either.

I usually don't like to enter into smack but I find this especially annoying. Back to your own board. Hopefully SDSU fans will stop posting there as well. IT IS DEAD-- GET IT?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              So does that mean if the Jacks lost to SWMSU by 15 and USD beat them by 10, USD would lost to SDSU by 30?

I'm trying to understand how you do your math.
                              My prediction that SDSU would beat USD by 19 this year and 25 next year is an observation based on talent levels, not math. Considering the number of seniors on the roster and the quality of redshirts and next year's recruits, SDSU's talent is on a definite upswing. USD is heading the other direction.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

USD's best player, Dylan Grimsley, is a senior. So is Jesse Becker, who might be the Coyoties' second best player. Steve Smith, the tallest player, also will be gone. So will Mitch Begeman and Rane Mergen. They amount to a heavy loss for a mediocre team.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X