Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    USD has a better football history and SDSU basketball.
    This proves to me how little you know.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
      This proves to me how little you know.
      Tell me how leading the overall series, making a national title game appearance, a semi-final appearance is not having a better history against a program that hasn't made the playoff in nearly a half century. What am I missing here.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

[QUOTE=Coyote_Fan;101204]You also lost to Poly at home and USD lost to them out in Cali. USD lost to them more significantly but they also played them on the road and during a span of 3 long trips in 4 weeks. Not an excuse but a definate factor and as it turned out was the Yotes worst game of the year.
        QUOTE]

I wonder why it was your worst game? Probably because it was the best team you played....no, that couldn't be...it must have been your long road schedule, yep that's it.

Comment

Tell me how leading the overall series, making a national title game appearance, a semi-final appearance is not having a better history against a program that hasn't made the playoff in nearly a half century. What am I missing here.
          If you want to ignore the last 15 years, that's fine. I don't expect to be able to reason with you, but I thought you could at least address the FACTS. Where are those attendance figures?

Comment

So now the excuses start in how UNI was not as "Up" for their game against USD as it was against SDSU. Just like the SDSU basketball program didn't get "Up" for 80% of their games as a D1 basketball program. Don't make pathetic excuses because you can't make the determination of how motivated UNI was. It's a very weak excuse to use. Stick to facts not excuses.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

So now the excuses start in how UNI was not as "Up" for their game against USD as it was against SDSU. Just like the SDSU basketball program didn't get "Up" for 80% of their games as a D1 basketball program. Don't make pathetic excuses because you can't make the determination of how motivated UNI was. It's a very weak excuse to use. Stick to facts not excuses.
              I'm not using it as an excuse, what would you rather play in, a game against some transitional team or a team in your conference for first play? I know you are probably going to use your USD logic and say the transitional team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                If you want to ignore the last 15 years, that's fine. I don't expect to be able to reason with you, but I thought you could at least address the FACTS. Where are those attendance figures?
                I am talking about the history of the program which means alot more than just the past 15 years. Like I said before what did you do with the years that you dominated USD. How many playoff appearances and conference titles did that net the Jacks?
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  I'm not using it as an excuse, what would you rather play in, a game against some transitional team or a team in your conference for first play? I know you are probably going to use your USD logic and say the transitional team.
                  What I am saying is that when the facts don't add in you're favor don't use the motivation of opponents as a way out and it certainly doesn't make a 30 point difference. I never said USD was the better team. I just think it's alot closer than what you are saying. You want to assume that SDSU s automatically 30 points better than USD and I disagree.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU has no playoff appearances in nearly a half century so I don't know where this so called success is coming from.
                    Udot math at work again. Granted, it was only one time, but we made the playoffs in 1979. Let's see, that would be 29 years ago? So if we apply Udot math principles, if 29 equals nearly a half century, it's easy to see how the DakotaDump sells out every game with 10,000, uh, fans.
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

• Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

What I am saying is that when the facts don't add in you're favor don't use the motivation of opponents as a way out and it certainly doesn't make a 30 point difference. I never said USD was the better team. I just think it's alot closer than what you are saying. You want to assume that SDSU s automatically 30 points better than USD and I disagree.
                      SDSU hung a lot of points on a lot of pretty decent teams this year, teams better than USD. Also in the game against UNI we were without half of our starting secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        SDSU hung a lot of points on a lot of pretty decent teams this year, teams better than USD. Also in the game against UNI we were without half of our starting secondary.
                        You're gonna have to do alot better than that to convince me that the Jacks were 30 points better than USD on average. It just doesn't add up. SDSU should have at least been able to win the game let alone win by about 20 or so which is what they would have had to do to be 30 points better.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I think USD fans could make a legit argument saying that a mens basketball game would be close this year but anybody that honestly thinks that USD would beat SDSU in football is smoking something..... I watched UND's QB pick apart your secondary and he wasn't that good and neither was his receivers, Berry and Harris would light your secondary up..... USD's defense was appalling, while there offense wasn't much better....

Comment

You're gonna have to do alot better than that to convince me that the Jacks were 30 points better than USD on average. It just doesn't add up. SDSU should have at least been able to win the game let alone win by about 20 or so which is what they would have had to do to be 30 points better.
                            Explain your logic behind that one

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              Football would draw 15 grand if it was before HoboDays.... 10ish if it was after.... There is still going to be a lot of people that go just because it is a USD-SDSU game...... If the weather was nice and it by some chance had anything to do with the playoffs it could be bigger.....

As far as basketball it could be big.... basketball is hard to predict an attendance because it depends who is playing high school games in the area, the weather, is there a christmas party, and so on... There is a lot more stuff going on in the non-conference part of basketball, so it is just hard to predict attendance... It could be a sell out if it was on a good date with good weather, it could be pretty poor if the weather was bad there was high school games in the area and other things going on....

As far as who is better at basketball.... SDSU would be about a 10 point favor this year... next it I think it would be around 30.... SDSU gains White, Feigen, Rader, Peterson, Davis? and possibly one other, while loosing only Casey.... USD has a good recruiting class but nothing compared to what SDSU is going to add to there team, also USD looses, there 2 big guys in Mergen and Smith, plus Becker, Grimsley and Begeman....
                              I agree entirely with your first 2 paragraphs.

As for the last one I really don't have a problem with much of it, but losing Smith is addition by subtraction. Maybe he's different this year, but last year when he started going outside and shooting 3's, I was officially done with Steve Smith.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
                                Udot math at work again. Granted, it was only one time, but we made the playoffs in 1979. Let's see, that would be 29 years ago? So if we apply Udot math principles, if 29 equals nearly a half century, it's easy to see how the DakotaDump sells out every game with 10,000, uh, fans.
                                haha nice one! that explains everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X