USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

I looked back the past four seasons for UNI and I didn't see them playing USD at all in womens basketball, unless UNI thought it was a trivial game and didn't matter in its stats I don't think theyve played lately.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      I looked back the past four seasons for UNI and I didn't see them playing USD at all in womens basketball, unless UNI thought it was a trivial game and didn't matter in its stats I don't think theyve played lately.
      I believe it was an exhibition for UNI but counted towards Udots record. Pretty sure Udot beat them by 20 or more. That said, this is a different Udot team and this game will count for UNI. Now, I doubt UNI has played in as crappy a place as the dome with an announced crowd of 1400 but only 400 actual people in the building counting the players and team staff. Udot will have that advantage.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I believe it was an exhibition for UNI but counted towards Udots record. Pretty sure Udot beat them by 20 or more. That said, this is a different Udot team and this game will count for UNI. Now, I doubt UNI has played in as crappy a place as the dome with an announced crowd of 1400 but only 400 actual people in the building counting the players and team staff. Udot will have that advantage.
        Doc, you are amazing. No matter what USD does, you put them in the suck category. The game at UNI last year was an exhibition, but USD beat them by 30.

You aren't objective at all. You have such bias that that alone would scare me if I had to be your patient. I think you would let a USD fan suffer before your pride would succomb to common sense. You are a perfect example of why USD fans consider you and fans like you arrogant. I have congratulated your womens team on their awesome season, and recognize accomplishments your teams have made in their transition year.

Last years USD womens team was very good. They beat alot of good teams, and finished second in the nation. Please don't lecture me about it being D-II, or else your personal message to me was phony.

SDSU should be proud of their womens team, but as a USD fan, I laugh my butt off at your posts regarding your mens team. Everyone was ready to commit suicide early, then you beat Iowa State. Nagy went from scum to coach of the year, now the naysayers are screaming how pathetic you are. Talk about fickle.

Tone it down Doc. It is because of people like you that the rivalry will never be reinstated, much to your satisfaction. I at first thought you didn't want to play USD because you truly believed the "bad fans" doing bad things to Jacks fans and team members. Now I believe that you don't want to play because of the tremendous amount of excrement you would have to eat if God forbid USD won.

I fully expect to get blasted over this post but before you do, at least be objective. You and No.#1jacksFan call USD posters names and insult our school, but we haven't stooped to that.

Despite your ridiculous post about our womens program, I wish your team good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          Doc, you are amazing. No matter what USD does, you put them in the suck category. The game at UNI last year was an exhibition, but USD beat them by 30.

You aren't objective at all. You have such bias that that alone would scare me if I had to be your patient. I think you would let a USD fan suffer before your pride would succomb to common sense. You are a perfect example of why USD fans consider you and fans like you arrogant. I have congratulated your womens team on their awesome season, and recognize accomplishments your teams have made in their transition year.

Last years USD womens team was very good. They beat alot of good teams, and finished second in the nation. Please don't lecture me about it being D-II, or else your personal message to me was phony.

SDSU should be proud of their womens team, but as a USD fan, I laugh my butt off at your posts regarding your mens team. Everyone was ready to commit suicide early, then you beat Iowa State. Nagy went from scum to coach of the year, now the naysayers are screaming how pathetic you are. Talk about fickle.

Tone it down Doc. It is because of people like you that the rivalry will never be reinstated, much to your satisfaction. I at first thought you didn't want to play USD because you truly believed the "bad fans" doing bad things to Jacks fans and team members. Now I believe that you don't want to play because of the tremendous amount of excrement you would have to eat if God forbid USD won.

I fully expect to get blasted over this post but before you do, at least be objective. You and No.#1jacksFan call USD posters names and insult our school, but we haven't stooped to that.

Despite your ridiculous post about our womens program, I wish your team good luck.
          Guess I pushed a button there. Well and good in my mind. I don't waste my time on your website worrying about what you have to say about your team. I'll spend my time on my teams website ripping whoever I want, just happens Udot is the easiest target.

When I posted the message on your page I stated that my posturing shouldn't be misconstrued to say that I think SDSU is leap years ahead of Udot. However, when it comes to women's basketball you don't have any grounds to expect that Udot will be anywhere near where we are now. Ranked in the top 25 in the nation, getting national press as a possible final 4 team and dominating a conference the U would love to be a part of.

The inflation of attendance numbers in the dome is a well known fact and a fair target. Did I exaggerate a bit? Sure, its a smack thread. So we need someone to quote the actual tickets sales revenue to expose the sham at the U? The answer in my mind is no, its that well known.

Calling me arrogant and blaming a group of SDSU fans for not scheduling a game we don't want or need on our schedule is a great way to rationalize but it doesn't hide the desperate desire that guys like you have to get a shot at the big boys. You want a shot at SDSU more than any other potential opponent and I think that says it all.

There were many (in fact most) Udot fans wanting SDSU to fall flat on their face with the move to DI. Obstruction, criticism, pandering, deceiving recruits, all of that happened and now we're just suppose to say "water under the bridge" and "welcome to DI how can we help you?" I don't think it should work that way.

Lastly, don't worry about my patients and don't turn the argument towards me. I'm a professional, a man who swore an oath to take care of patients first. I put them before every other priority in my life and for that I am blessed with greater rewards and relationships than any man deserves. I thank God everyday for the life he has granted me. I'd take greater offense with respect to your comments about my professional integrity but instead I understand that ignorance is indeed sometimes a defense. Walk a mile in my shoes....or better yet a mile in the shoes of one of my patients.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Guess I pushed a button there. Well and good in my mind. I don't waste my time on your website worrying about what you have to say about your team. I'll spend my time on my teams website ripping whoever I want, just happens Udot is the easiest target.

When I posted the message on your page I stated that my posturing shouldn't be misconstrued to say that I think SDSU is leap years ahead of Udot. However, when it comes to women's basketball you don't have any grounds to expect that Udot will be anywhere near where we are now. Ranked in the top 25 in the nation, getting national press as a possible final 4 team and dominating a conference the U would love to be a part of.

The inflation of attendance numbers in the dome is a well known fact and a fair target. Did I exaggerate a bit? Sure, its a smack thread. So we need someone to quote the actual tickets sales revenue to expose the sham at the U? The answer in my mind is no, its that well known.

Calling me arrogant and blaming a group of SDSU fans for not scheduling a game we don't want or need on our schedule is a great way to rationalize but it doesn't hide the desperate desire that guys like you have to get a shot at the big boys. You want a shot at SDSU more than any other potential opponent and I think that says it all.

There were many (in fact most) Udot fans wanting SDSU to fall flat on their face with the move to DI. Obstruction, criticism, pandering, deceiving recruits, all of that happened and now we're just suppose to say "water under the bridge" and "welcome to DI how can we help you?" I don't think it should work that way.

Lastly, don't worry about my patients and don't turn the argument towards me. I'm a professional, a man who swore an oath to take care of patients first. I put them before every other priority in my life and for that I am blessed with greater rewards and relationships than any man deserves. I thank God everyday for the life he has granted me. I'd take greater offense with respect to your comments about my professional integrity but instead I understand that ignorance is indeed sometimes a defense. Walk a mile in my shoes....or better yet a mile in the shoes of one of my patients.
            Talk about hitting a button. I think I did. No where in my post did I say or hint that our womens basketball program would have near the success SDSU has had, so tone that down.

Secondly, I won't argue that there wasn't USD fans wanting SDSU to fail, but I wasn't one of them, so don't even go there.

Thirdly, USD fans could care less about playing SDSU. And please, don't consider yourself one of the "big boys". You weren't in D-II and you aren't now. You are playing D-I, 4 years ahead of USD, so good for you. 5 years from now it won't mean crap, but you have the next 4 years to play that card, so enjoy it.

Regarding your profession, don't lecture me. You worked hard to get your degree, and you are entitled to a good income. About walking a mile in your shoes, you couldn't hold up with the schedule I keep. You would need yourself for care. I have no doubt about your code, and your pledge to your patients, and I am sure you are a compassionate doc. But to call me ignorant without knowing who I am is wrong.

Lastly, before you hire your next basketball coach, make sure they read this board. I am absolutely positive your comments would be construed as crticism they would enjoy getting. Rest assured, we don't won't your help as we muddle through the transition years. Also rest assured, your program is not the one be looked at as they model their business plan the next 4 years. In fact, there are 4 models they are looking at, and SDSU is not one of them.

Keep up the insults (Udot) and it only confirms who is the ignorant one. You couldn't say a positive thing about USD if you wanted to. Most of your fans may hate the U, but they are objective. You? No chance.

Comment

yoteforever,

It's nice to have you on board for support so I don't have to hold everything on my shoulders. It doesn't sound like you have received or will receive much less of a cold welcome than I tend to get on here. I have learned that being reasonable isn't very much of a possibility considering who is reading. As much as people tend to want to throw me under the bus I bet there are just as many that look forward to what I have to say next whether good or bad.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Also rest assured, your program is not the one be looked at as they model their business plan the next 4 years. In fact, there are 4 models they are looking at, and SDSU is not one of them.
                I respect your opinions yf, but this statement is so laughable that I am puking and I've had surgery that doesn't allow me to do this.

The "U" used a no name consultant that had no experience in the Div. I jump. You have not followed the "Reagent Mandate" that was forced on SDSU and was supposed to be the model for all schools making any Div. jump. Your depending on football payoff games to support the rest of your programs. The school has snubbed its nose at Title IX requirements, has depended on cast-offs to make your programs better, (which you will see stop very soon).

The school is the only nice thing located in a very, very small town in South Dakota. Which is not going to change. The vast majority of your higher payed graduates are actually graduate school alum and push their support to their undergraduate institutions.

The "U" claimed they wanted to be the "Princeton on the Prairie", yet very few of the brightess of in-state accademically advanced students are going there? The enrollment figures do not compare and your ranting on a SDSU fan site...do I need to go on.

Listen very closely, we do not make our goal, our season or our year depending on beating the "U". Your swim coach came out and said that this was the major achievement of the year and has made him a popular person amongst the "U" staff. So you tell me who you are following?

Comment

Real question yote, what is your occupation?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Talk about hitting a button. I think I did. No where in my post did I say or hint that our womens basketball program would have near the success SDSU has had, so tone that down.

Secondly, I won't argue that there wasn't USD fans wanting SDSU to fail, but I wasn't one of them, so don't even go there.

Thirdly, USD fans could care less about playing SDSU. And please, don't consider yourself one of the "big boys". You weren't in D-II and you aren't now. You are playing D-I, 4 years ahead of USD, so good for you. 5 years from now it won't mean crap, but you have the next 4 years to play that card, so enjoy it.

Regarding your profession, don't lecture me. You worked hard to get your degree, and you are entitled to a good income. About walking a mile in your shoes, you couldn't hold up with the schedule I keep. You would need yourself for care. I have no doubt about your code, and your pledge to your patients, and I am sure you are a compassionate doc. But to call me ignorant without knowing who I am is wrong.

Lastly, before you hire your next basketball coach, make sure they read this board. I am absolutely positive your comments would be construed as crticism they would enjoy getting. Rest assured, we don't won't your help as we muddle through the transition years. Also rest assured, your program is not the one be looked at as they model their business plan the next 4 years. In fact, there are 4 models they are looking at, and SDSU is not one of them.

Keep up the insults (Udot) and it only confirms who is the ignorant one. You couldn't say a positive thing about USD if you wanted to. Most of your fans may hate the U, but they are objective. You? No chance.
                    You come on the SDSU board an insult one of the most respected people on this board, you don't think you are going to get ripped? The U has done many things wrong with this transition, most noticeably not abiding by Title IX which the reagents said was OK. No way that would have happened with SDSU.

Calling you Udot isn't an insult, have you seen your logo? it's a U with a huge dot next to it.

Comment

Plain and simple........USD and SDSU needs to play each other asap. It will help both schools and the whole state. It's just a game that needs to be played every year. One yr at Vermillion and the next at Brookings...or they can just meet in the middle and play every yr in Sioux Falls

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                        I respect your opinions yf, but this statement is so laughable that I am puking and I've had surgery that doesn't allow me to do this.

The "U" used a no name consultant that had no experience in the Div. I jump. You have not followed the "Reagent Mandate" that was forced on SDSU and was supposed to be the model for all schools making any Div. jump. Your depending on football payoff games to support the rest of your programs. The school has snubbed its nose at Title IX requirements, has depended on cast-offs to make your programs better, (which you will see stop very soon).

The school is the only nice thing located in a very, very small town in South Dakota. Which is not going to change. The vast majority of your higher payed graduates are actually graduate school alum and push their support to their undergraduate institutions.

The "U" claimed they wanted to be the "Princeton on the Prairie", yet very few of the brightess of in-state accademically advanced students are going there? The enrollment figures do not compare and your ranting on a SDSU fan site...do I need to go on.

Listen very closely, we do not make our goal, our season or our year depending on beating the "U". Your swim coach came out and said that this was the major achievement of the year and has made him a popular person amongst the "U" staff. So you tell me who you are following?

Did you even read the statement that you are replying to. He said USD isn't following SDSU as their model. That has nothing to do with whether or not they are following the BOR guidelines on Title 9 and all the other stuff you mentioned. At least make your replies relevant to what you are responding to. If USD isn't following the BOR than that just further strengthens his argument that USD is not following SDSU's model. The fact that they didn't use the same consultant also shows that USD is not following SDSU's model. I know UNI is one of the big models that they are following. I don't know of any others aside from UNI.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          Did you even read the statement that you are replying to. He said USD isn't following SDSU as their model. That has nothing to do with whether or not they are following the BOR guidelines on Title 9 and all the other stuff you mentioned. At least make your replies relevant to what you are responding to. If USD isn't following the BOR than that just further strengthens his argument that USD is not following SDSU's model. The fact that they didn't use the same consultant also shows that USD is not following SDSU's model. I know UNI is one of the big models that they are following. I don't know of any others aside from UNI.
                          You aren't following the BOR of model which was strictly enforced when SDSU moved up, the model was for univeristy that decided to move up. The fact that the BOR decided the would not strictly enforce for it USD is BS to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            You aren't following the BOR of model which was strictly enforced when SDSU moved up, the model was for univeristy that decided to move up. The fact that the BOR decided the would not strictly enforce for it USD is BS to me.
                            Thats beyond the point of the discussion. The point of yoteforevers post was that USD was not necessarily following SDSU's model. If you want to discuss title 9 do so on another post. Don't go off topic.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Also don't forget that USD's percentage of female to male athletes is alot greater than at SDSU so that is another challenge that USD has to overcome so if they get a bit more leeway from the BOR so be it. It's tougher to get women to compete in athletics and tougher to get crowd interest in womens athletics as well. I am not taking a shot at women just making a point that it is harder to come up with more womens sports/scholarships from a business and interest standpoint.

I am just taking SDSU people's word that USD isn't following the BOR. I don't have anything to substanciate that other than hearsay. If USD should be forced to have a particular amount of womens scholarships than shouldn't all schools have a 50-50 ratio in having men and women being enrolled in the college period. I don't really see a difference. They are both about equal opportunity.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                                Thats beyond the point of the discussion. The point of yoteforevers post was that USD was not necessarily following SDSU's model. If you want to discuss title 9 do so on another post. Don't go off topic.
                                Wow, I don't even know where to begin. First of all, this thread is so far off topic, it's not even funny. Second, the BOR made a model that SDSU was forced to follow, they didn't have a choice, USD on the other hand hasn't had to follow that model, the BOR has let them do their own thing. I'm not discussing title 9, I'm discussing the BOR of not enforcing the model that they made for SDSU (and anyone moving up) on USD

Comment

Working...
                                X