Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

Originally posted by coyotefanatic
    The vote couldn't have been 6-2 since UNC would have still been in the conference and Morningside was on its way out. The Fargo Forum covered the meetings which I believe took place in Austin, MN or another neutral Minnesota location. The schools that supported the move were actually UNC, NDSU, SDSU, and believe it or not USD. The schools that were against were UND, Augie, MSU, SCSU, and UNO. There may be a way to access the archives from the Fargo Forum to confirm this but I am very confident that this is right.
    Wrong again. UNC was gone from the NCC and yes Moringside already left. USD fought this all the way and they were pariond from day one about SDSU leaving D2 and NCC.  Why would they support SDSU on moving up?
    Abbott is not that progressive. He may have been successful in running a Yankton business, but it takes more than that to run a university. Thank God Abbott was never got elected Governor.

Comment

Sooner than later, both schools will have recruited student athletes that aren't familiar with the once hated rivalry. They will not have played at one’s hostile environments but at other’s. They will not hear the stories of their upperclassman's wins or defeats and the hatred toward the other institution that comes along with those wins and losses. They will not experience 100 plus years of tradition.
      Yet, they may hear alums talk about the stories of days past or dust off an article from the sports archives and wonder ‘what if’. If it is true, college athletics is for the student-athlete, play the game at a neutral site. The positive impact of the game will far outweigh the negative.
      Or, leave ‘once was’ behind and have your student athletes and institutions create something of the future rather than something of the past. Because with this, new hatreds will form – new rivalries - taking place of old ones.
      One will continue to move forward. The other will continue to remain in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BDSUPERJACK
        Sooner than later, both schools will have recruited student athletes that aren't familiar with the once hated rivalry.  They will not have played at one’s hostile environments but at other’s.  They will not hear the stories of their upperclassman's wins or defeats and the hatred toward the other institution that comes along with those wins and losses.  They will not experience 100 plus years of tradition.  
        Yet, they may hear alums talk about the stories of days past or dust off an article from the sports archives and wonder ‘what if’.  If it is true, college athletics is for the student-athlete, play the game at a neutral site.  The positive impact of the game will far outweigh the negative.
        Or, leave ‘once was’ behind and have your student athletes and institutions create something of the future rather than something of the past. Because with this, new hatreds will form – new rivalries - taking place of old ones.  
        One will continue to move forward.  The other will continue to remain in the past.
        AMEN, There is no more to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

Wrong again. UNC was gone from the NCC and yes Moringside already left. USD fought this all the way and they were pariond from day one about SDSU leaving D2 and NCC.  Why would they support SDSU on moving up?
          Abbott is not that progressive. He may have been successful in running a Yankton business, but it takes more than that to run a university. Thank God Abbott was never got elected Governor.
          Wrong again? What was I wrong on the first time? The vote was earlier stated in this thread to have taken place in 2000 or 2001 if that is true then UNC was still in the NCC they didn't move up until 2003. By the way, not everything has to turn into a USD vs. SDSU dispute. Just because SDSU was for something does not automatically mean USD was against it. Call Jeff Kolpack at the Fargo Forum and ask him about the conference and see what the response was...you'll see that SDSU and USD were actually in agreement on this one.

Comment

I have never heard or read anything that USD was in favor or voted for a DI NCC!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
              I have never heard or read anything that USD was in favor or voted for a DI NCC!
              I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with a coyote fan over my SDSU brethren, but I think he's right. I wish we could access the NCC minutes.

Comment

Could it be that there were two different votes on the move? I think that there was, one early when UNC had indicated it was looking at moving and the conference voted on whether they wanted to move all at once. At that time, I think I remember that USD may have been for it (this would have been around 2000). Then NDSU & SDSU did their studies, decided they wanted to make the move and asked the remaining members to vote. USD at that time probably would not have supported the move for 2 reasons: a) very likely it wasn't going to pass anyway; and b) the athletic department was in a mess (remember the lawsuits they had to deal with) and would not have made sense to throw this into the bad situation.

Again, my poor memory has probably failed me, so this may be 100% wrong.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotefanatic

Wrong again? What was I wrong on the first time? The vote was earlier stated in this thread to have taken place in 2000 or 2001 if that is true then UNC was still in the NCC they didn't move up until 2003. By the way, not everything has to turn into a USD vs. SDSU dispute. Just because SDSU was for something does not automatically mean USD was against it. Call Jeff Kolpack at the Fargo Forum and ask him about the conference and see what the response was...you'll see that SDSU and USD were actually in agreement on this one.
                  Why should I call Jeff Kolpeck? Why dont you do the honors since you have such a big point to prove to the biased SDSU fans.

Comment

I think the Coyotes have bigger things to worry about than what would happen if they play the Jacks. From what I hear Joel Nielson is not getting along very well with the athletic staff at USD.

Comment

I think the Coyotes have bigger things to worry about than what would happen if they play the Jacks. From what I hear Joel Nielson is not getting along very well with the athletic staff at USD.
                      I suspect there is pressure to make an appearence that USD is not falling behind SDSU. This may require the impossible from coaches and staff, hence some conflict.

I would suspect Nielson is a results guy, and if the resources are not there to produce results, then I can see some unhappy relationships developing. Interesting bit of news, news you will not hear on the Craig and Mike show.

Comment

Staffers are often freaked out by someone who comes in and tries to make changes. That doesn't surprise me. I suspect once some results start to come in, people will get on board. It's always easier and more comfortable to just keep doing the same old things than it is to change.

Comment

"  Interesting bit of news,  news you will not hear on the Craig and Mike show. "

Mostly you will not hear it because it is not true. JACKGUYII posts it and you automatically believe it? Please.

Comment

Well Mike, you and I both know that everything posted on the internet or heard over the radio is absolutely true. ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
                              "  Interesting bit of news,  news you will not hear on the Craig and Mike show. "

Mostly you will not hear it because it is not true. JACKGUYII posts it and you automatically believe it? Please.
                              Think what you want but maybe do a little research before you outright discount it. Why is it so hard to believe there is dissent in the Coyote Athletic program? I didn't just pull this out of my xxx like some of the comments made on your program!

Comment

Since SDSU likely will never play usd in anything again. I dont care what happens to their athletic programs or what their fans think.

Comment

Working...
                                X