If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

So suddenly the Jacks are stocked with D1 talent huh, for one thing if the Jacks and teams like NDSU and UNC are able to come in and compete so quickly with the teams in D1AA what does that really say about D1AA as a whole. It should take those D2 teams moving up at least 5 years to be competitive if the step up was really that great.

Do most of you honestly think your team from 2004 was all that much better than the team you had in 2003 when still D2. It wasn't and to say they were that much better is simply not very accurate. Lets face it SDSU has been a mediocre NCC team for many years. Most of the time SDSU has finished around 6-3, 5-4 or 4-5 in the conference. It's actually amazing how average the Jacks have been over the last couple of decades at least. Not bad, not good just average. I am not saying USD has been great because not only haven't they been great they have been pretty darn lousy since the 80's.

How many new scholarships has SDSU actually increased by? I am not sure but I know it's not very many. Over the last several years when the NCC was still 10 teams many of their teams could play with not only D1AA teams but some of the better ones.

The message I get by reading the biased posts on here is that SDSU after one full year of D1AA and only a few additional scholships is suddenly on a new and different level. If that was the case then why was the basketball team as bad as they have been in 20 years or more losing to teams that are losses that are considered downright embarassing. You may be at a different level in classification but as far as talent goes are not at much higher of a level as far as how good your team is. They may play consistantly better teams but the team is still only slightly better than they were in 2003. There have been no major coaching changes or influx in talent between the two seasons.

If you are calling the Jacks suddenly at a new level so quickly competitively by raising division levels than what you are actually saying is that the higher division is really not all that higher.

Don't assume in 10 years that the Coyotes won't be able to compete with the Jacks on the football field. It still comes down to many things other than just more scholarships. You still have to have a competant administration to run things and definately have a competant coaching staff and recruiters.

Whoever said that the Jacks would just beat up the Coyotes at a clip of something like 45-10 are really not all that aware of how much better the Coyotes have gotten since their coaching change. Most of the bad years of Coyote football as of late can be attributed directly to the coaching staff that might have been in place. Last year USD went outside the program to hire a coach and didn't use the buddy system to hire within which is what kept their program down in the first place. Which team is better is certainly debatable but the Coyotes team from 2003 to 2004 improved more in that timeframe than the Jacks did.

Dont forget that simply by reclassifying isn't going to all the sudden make your team heads and shoulders above where they were before.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
       Lets face it SDSU has been a mediocre NCC team for many years.  Most of the time SDSU has finished around 6-3, 5-4 or 4-5 in the conference.  It's actually amazing how average the Jacks have been over the last couple of decades at least.  Not bad, not good just average.

The message I get by reading the biased posts on here is that SDSU after one full year of D1AA and only a few additional scholships is suddenly on a new and different level.  If that was the case then why was the basketball team as bad as they have been in 20 years or more losing to teams that are losses that are considered downright embarassing.    

If you are calling the Jacks suddenly at a new level so quickly competitively by raising division levels than what you are actually saying is that the higher division is really not all that higher.  

You still have to have a competant administration to run things and definately have a competant coaching staff and recruiters.  

Dont forget that simply by reclassifying isn't going to all the sudden make your team heads and shoulders above where they were before.                    

Coyote Fan,

Good luck trying to convince these 10 SDSU fans living on Fantasy Island of that. The Spin Doctors on this site will make excuses for those embarrassing basetball loses and their very average performance in football over the years. Until I see otherwise they will be a D2 school that has been dressed up and had some lipstick put on trying to convince everyone else they are much prettier than they used to be. Last time I checked they still don't have a date (conference) to the prom.

Mavs#1

Comment

So suddenly the Jacks are stocked with D1 talent huh, for one thing if the Jacks and teams like NDSU and UNC are able to come in and compete so quickly with the teams in D1AA what does that really say about D1AA as a whole.  It should take those D2 teams moving up at least 5 years to be competitive if the step up was really that great.  

Do most of you honestly think your team from 2004 was all that much better than the team you had in 2003 when still D2.  It wasn't and to say they were that much better is simply not very accurate.  Lets face it SDSU has been a mediocre NCC team for many years.  Most of the time SDSU has finished around 6-3, 5-4 or 4-5 in the conference.  It's actually amazing how average the Jacks have been over the last couple of decades at least.  Not bad, not good just average.  I am not saying USD has been great because not only haven't they been great they have been pretty darn lousy since the 80's.

How many new scholarships has SDSU actually increased by?  I am not sure but I know it's not very many.  Over the last several years when the NCC was still 10 teams many of their teams could play with not only D1AA teams but some of the better ones.

The message I get by reading the biased posts on here is that SDSU after one full year of D1AA and only a few additional scholships is suddenly on a new and different level.  If that was the case then why was the basketball team as bad as they have been in 20 years or more losing to teams that are losses that are considered downright embarassing.  You may be at a different level in classification but as far as talent goes are not at much higher of a level as far as how good your team is.  They may play consistantly better teams but the team is still only slightly better than they were in 2003.  There have been no major coaching changes or influx in talent between the two seasons.  

Don't assume in 10 years that the Coyotes won't be able to compete with the Jacks on the football field.  It still comes down to many things other than just more scholarships.  You still have to have a competant administration to run things and definately have a competant coaching staff and recruiters.  

Whoever said that the Jacks would just beat up the Coyotes at a clip of something like 45-10 are really not all that aware of how much better the Coyotes have gotten since their coaching change.  Most of the bad years of Coyote football as of late can be attributed directly to the coaching staff that might have been in place.  Last year USD went outside the program to hire a coach and didn't use the buddy system to hire within which is what kept their program down in the first place.   Which team is better is certainly debatable but the Coyotes team from 2003 to 2004 improved more in that timeframe than the Jacks did.

Coyote Fan:
        Hiring outside the buddy system?  If the outside has turned around, why are they afraid to come to Brookings to take on the Jacks.  You and other yotes claim the strength to kick A@@, if so come to Brookings and do it.  You would also get a nice pay check something that would not be affordable in Vermillion assuming a home and home agreement. Why does SDSU have to constantly help out USD financially?  This one reason we went D1.

I tired of the red non-sense and jealousy and crap that USD fans express etc.

Oh by the way Mav 1 there are more than 10 spin doctors on this board.  More like 13,000 when you consider the HOBO DAYS Crowd last fall.  BTW what was the Dakota day crowd? We are also done playing the UNO Steers, they have no Balls. 

Yes and with 6 extra scholarships we can put some distance between SDSU and USD.  The total this year is 42 and USD struggles to fill 36.  Split six extra amongst 24 guys assuming one scholarship to four players and you start to develope depth, that no Knute Rockne motivation can over come.  Next year SDSU will have 52 and in 2007 58 and so on so yes lets see 63 less 36 equals 27.

Comment

So suddenly the Jacks are stocked with D1 talent huh, for one thing if the Jacks and teams like NDSU and UNC are able to come in and compete so quickly with the teams in D1AA what does that really say about D1AA as a whole. It should take those D2 teams moving up at least 5 years to be competitive if the step up was really that great.

Do most of you honestly think your team from 2004 was all that much better than the team you had in 2003 when still D2. It wasn't and to say they were that much better is simply not very accurate. Lets face it SDSU has been a mediocre NCC team for many years. Most of the time SDSU has finished around 6-3, 5-4 or 4-5 in the conference. It's actually amazing how average the Jacks have been over the last couple of decades at least. Not bad, not good just average. I am not saying USD has been great because not only haven't they been great they have been pretty darn lousy since the 80's.

How many new scholarships has SDSU actually increased by? I am not sure but I know it's not very many. Over the last several years when the NCC was still 10 teams many of their teams could play with not only D1AA teams but some of the better ones.

The message I get by reading the biased posts on here is that SDSU after one full year of D1AA and only a few additional scholships is suddenly on a new and different level. If that was the case then why was the basketball team as bad as they have been in 20 years or more losing to teams that are losses that are considered downright embarassing. You may be at a different level in classification but as far as talent goes are not at much higher of a level as far as how good your team is. They may play consistantly better teams but the team is still only slightly better than they were in 2003. There have been no major coaching changes or influx in talent between the two seasons.

Don't assume in 10 years that the Coyotes won't be able to compete with the Jacks on the football field. It still comes down to many things other than just more scholarships. You still have to have a competant administration to run things and definately have a competant coaching staff and recruiters.

Whoever said that the Jacks would just beat up the Coyotes at a clip of something like 45-10 are really not all that aware of how much better the Coyotes have gotten since their coaching change. Most of the bad years of Coyote football as of late can be attributed directly to the coaching staff that might have been in place. Last year USD went outside the program to hire a coach and didn't use the buddy system to hire within which is what kept their program down in the first place. Which team is better is certainly debatable but the Coyotes team from 2003 to 2004 improved more in that timeframe than the Jacks did.

The Jacks have dominated this football series for the past 15 years. You call the Jacks average - well then the Coyotes were at the bottom of the barrel. What makes you think the Coyotes are so much much better. I would not call last years' 9-2 season a good barometer - that had to be the weakest schedule in all of D2 football. Name a 9-2 team before the Yotes that did not make the playoffs.

In the last decade the Jacks football team was head and shoulders above the Yotes - now the Jacks have a scholarship advantage. You now say you have a new coach. Maybe he can finally turn the program around but USD has gone through several coaches where there were saying the same thing. One 9-2 season doesn't make a turnaround. What would have been USD's record in the old NCC last year - 6-5? Would you still be touting USD's turnaround with a 6-5 record? Historically the Jacks are a 6-5/7-4 team - you call the Jack's record average. USD now has one 6-5 team - well maybe one more 6-5 year and USD might make the average category.

Comment

I find it humorous that Coyote Fan is praising the yotes after playing that embarassing schedule last year. if usd steps up and plays an "average" D2 schedule and they compete. then I'll give them some "D2" props but not until.
            You say there isnt much diffrence between SDSU and usd this year. There seemed to be a huge difference over the last 20 years when we were at the same scholarship level. The gap in all sports will continue to widen with each passing year. You better move on and and continue building that Augie rivalry.

Comment

You still have to have a competant administration to run things and definately have a competant coaching staff and recruiters.  
              You lost all crediblility with that statement right there. Competant administration at USD? Now that's funny.

Comment

Guys, your post is a little confusing because you start by talking about football switch to Men's Basketball and finish with football again. So let me see if I can break this down for you.

Football - all you need to know about what "level" SDSU is at as a I-AA school compared to your D-II schools can be seen from last season. On Sept. 11 Winona State came to Brookings. Winona State was a Top 20 team in D-II all season. They made the playoff, something that neither UNO or USD did. They only lost 2 games all season. One was in the playoff to Grand Valley State, who were the defending National Champions of D-II. Final score of the playoff game: GVSU 16 - WSU 13. Winona's only other loss was to SDSU. Final score: SDSU 45 - WSU 20.

Now let's turn to basketball, first Men's - Last season was disappointing but not unexpected. SDSU lost 7 players off of a '03-'04 team that had been ranked #1 in D-II for part of that season and was still playing in the D-II playoffs while UNO and USD were riding the bus back to Omaha and Vermillion. 5 to graduation, 1 to illness and 1 to transfer. So of a NCAA roster of 15 guys 7 were gone at the begining of the season. That is what is called a rebuilding year. Even during the rebuilding process the Jacks did manage a few D-I wins including Tennessee State. Did UNO or USD pick up any D-I wins last year? If it makes you feel good to roll around in SDSU's first losing season in 10 year, enjoy it because it won't last long.

The Women's Program which was not rebuilding and was the top of the NCC when we left faired pretty well with it's first season in D-I. The Jackrabbits had big wins over Kentucky, Alabama, Oklahoma State, NCAA Qualifier Middle Tennessee State, just to name a few.

By the way none of these D-I Basketball games except NDSU were played at Frost Arena, part of the dues that are payed when you move up a division.

So bottom line is if you really believe that there is no difference between D-I and D-II lobby your administrations to join us. There is no moratorium on moving up, yet. If what you say is true then your administrations would be foolish not to move up. So which is it? Is there no difference between D-I and D-II and your leaders are foolish, or is there a difference and your leaders are wise because they know where your institutions belong.

My advice to you guys is to be happy with what you have. Enjoy your D-II programs and let your jealousy go or start working to positively help your schools move up to the next level (give of yourselves both in terms or time and money).

Gripping about SDSU on this board will do nothing to help your schools be successful at whatever level they choose to compete at. By a positvie force on your schools rather then waste your time trying to be a negative force on ours. In the end you will be happier.

Best of luck to both UNO and USD in your upcoming seasons.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

You lost all crediblility with that statement right there.  Competant administration at USD?  Now that's funny.
                  Agree with RLV and let me expound.

There are several contradictions and just plain lucricous statements in the yote_fans post.

For starters, we are a DI team now, all of out "talent" is DI level.

Scholarship numbers, don't go there, you'll lose that argument every time.

You are correct, USD FB sucks, 9-2 against the teams played last year means nothing unless you back it up this year.

The losses last year in basketball were stunning and embarassing. Hard knocks as they say. No worse than losing in the finals of the DII regional in front of 75 fans in Denver, however.

I could go on and on. Fact, the hypocrite here is you yote_fan. Go join Mav and BJ on the jealousy train.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote author=89rabbit link=board=Smack;num=1123764763;start=15#21 date=08/14/05 at 08:49:48]Now let's turn to basketball, first Men's - Last season was disappointing but not unexpected.  SDSU lost 7 players off of a '03-'04 team that had been ranked #1 in D-II for part of that season and was still playing in the D-II playoffs while UNO and USD were riding the bus back to Omaha and Vermillion.  

The only reason USD and UNO were gone was because SDSU just happened to play their semi-final game last. Lets look at what matters the most. SDSU went a combined 1-4 against both teams if I remember correctly. USD was definately the better team at the end of the season between SDSU and USD and proved it with 2 wins in the same week. It was actually quite fun to watch the Coyotes just take it to the Jacks and send them out of D2 with a couple losses in a row to their biggest rivals. Just look at how SDSU has faired against Metro. They got smoked by about 50 in Denver and the Coyotes only lost by less than 10 and that was after Metro was something like 14-17 from three point land and finished at about 60% for the game. The Coyotes hung with them the whole game. Obviously last year USD would have handled the Jacks and probably rather easily.

In football I have never been in favor of any of the coaching moves for quite some time but finally do endorse their current head coach. I watched the Coyotes nearly win in Omaha and demolish a St. Cloud St team that was very good last year. The only two losses they had were at UNO and at UND which is two places the Jacks would have gotten beaten at as well.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

So bottom line is if you really believe that there is no difference between D-I and D-II lobby your administrations to join us.  There is no moratorium on moving up, yet.  If what you say is true then your administrations would be foolish not to move up.  So which is it?  Is there no difference between D-I and D-II and your leaders are foolish, or is there a difference and your leaders are wise because they know where your institutions belong.  

My advice to you guys is to be happy with what you have.  Enjoy your D-II programs and let your jealousy go or start working to positively help your schools move up to the next level (give of yourselves both in terms or time and money).

Gripping about SDSU on this board will do nothing to help your schools be successful at whatever level they choose to compete at.  By a positvie force on your schools rather then waste your time trying to be a negative force on ours.  In the end you will be happier.

Best of luck to both UNO and USD in your upcoming seasons.

Go State!  ;D

I know you miss the rivalry with SDSU.  I am sure the realization that you are no longer an athletic peer of SDSU is hard to take.  I am sure it is hard knowing that given USD's current athletic financial state of affairs your chances of moving up to D-I seem bleak.  However, living in the past and or fantasizing about games that were never/won't be played will not help USD at all.  So I say accept the present and work to change the future, if you are so inclinded.  Best of luck to you and your Coyotes, I do believe your new AD will get things turned around and you will once again be a very good D-II school.

http://www.volanteonline.com/media/p...l-901208.shtml  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Football - all you need to know about what "level" SDSU is at as a I-AA school compared to your D-II schools can be seen from last season.  On Sept. 11 Winona State came to Brookings.  Winona State was a Top 20 team in D-II all season.  They made the playoff, something that neither UNO or USD did.  They only lost 2 games all season.  One was in the playoff to Grand Valley State, who were the defending National Champions of D-II.  Final score of the playoff game: GVSU 16 - WSU 13.  Winona's only other loss was to SDSU.  Final score:  SDSU 45 - WSU 20.

Now let's turn to basketball, first Men's - Last season was disappointing but not unexpected.  SDSU lost 7 players off of a '03-'04 team that had been ranked #1 in D-II for part of that season and was still playing in the D-II playoffs while UNO and USD were riding the bus back to Omaha and Vermillion.  5 to graduation, 1 to illness and 1 to transfer.  So of a NCAA roster of 15 guys 7 were gone at the begining of the season.  That is what is called a rebuilding year.  Even during the rebuilding process the Jacks did manage a few D-I wins including Tennessee State.  Did UNO or USD pick up any D-I wins last year?  If it makes you feel good to roll around in SDSU's first losing season in 10 year, enjoy it because it won't last long.  

So bottom line is if you really believe that there is no difference between D-I and D-II lobby your administrations to join us.  There is no moratorium on moving up, yet.  If what you say is true then your administrations would be foolish not to move up.  So which is it?  Is there no difference between D-I and D-II and your leaders are foolish, or is there a difference and your leaders are wise because they know where your institutions belong.  

Go State!  ;D
                        The difference between I-AA and DII in football is not very big. The top teams in I-AA are better than the top teams in DII but for the most part the two divisions are equal. That is why UNC had success right away, why NDSU had success right away, and why SDSU had the same record as always. That is also probably why I-AA gets only a little more attention than DII. Sure if you look hard enough on ESPN's website you will eventually come across a short little preview of SDSU's upcoming season, but the excitement of that kind of stuff will wear off pretty quickly.

As far as basketball the bottom of DI is worse than the top of DII. SDSU proved that last year when they took their lumps from Southwest St, Wayne St, NE, Wayne St., MI, and Morningside. (These teams were in no way the top of DII but you get my point, and how State fans can spout off about being one of the big boys after last season is beyond me). SDSU was the bottom of DI and there is no way they could have competed with the top of DII. SDSU was not even the worst team in DI, there were a lot of teams they could have beaten last year. However, there is a big difference between the top of DI and DII as a division. I think USD officials could recognize that USD wouldn't be able to compete with the top of DI and saw no point or advantage in being a bottom tier DI team. Hopefully they will continue to recognize that in the future.

On a side note I can't believe 89 would even make reference to SDSU's game against Metro. If I was you I would not want to bring up losing your last DII game by 50 points. If that wasn't going to tell you what division you belonged in then there is nothing I can say that will. The sad thing is, that might have been the best basketball team you are going to have for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

The difference between I-AA and DII in football is not very big.  The top teams in I-AA are better than the top teams in DII but for the most part the two divisions are equal.  That is why UNC had success right away, why NDSU had success right away, and why SDSU had the same record as always.  That is also probably why I-AA gets only a little more attention than DII.  Sure if you look hard enough on ESPN's website you will eventually come across a short little preview of SDSU's upcoming season, but the excitement of that kind of stuff will wear off pretty quickly.

As far as basketball the bottom of DI is worse than the top of DII.  SDSU proved that last year when they took their lumps from Southwest St, Wayne St, NE, Wayne St., MI, and Morningside.  (These teams were in no way the top of DII but you get my point, and how State fans can spout off about being one of the big boys after last season is beyond me).  SDSU was the bottom of DI and there is no way they could have competed with the top of DII.  SDSU was not even the worst team in DI, there were a lot of teams they could have beaten last year.  However, there is a big difference between the top of DI and DII as a division.  I think USD officials could recognize that USD wouldn't be able to compete with the top of DI and saw no point or advantage in being a bottom tier DI team.  Hopefully they will continue to recognize that in the future.

On a side note I can't believe 89 would even make reference to SDSU's game against Metro.  If I was you I would not want to bring up losing your last DII game by 50 points.  If that wasn't going to tell you what division you belonged in then there is nothing I can say that will. The sad thing is, that might have been the best basketball team you are going to have for a while.
                          Sportsbuff you didn't even look at the facts.  Winona was a top tier d2 team last year, one of the best actually, and our average d1aa team who is no better than the top level d2 teams if not worse spanked them by 25.

I will admit the difference is not as big as some may think, but it is much larger than what you lead on.

You and your fellow coyote fans can spout off all day long about how there isn't much difference between the two divisions, how you are "South Dakota's Team" (whatever the hell that means), and how USD would still beat State part of the time.  Parts of all of that may be true.  The fact of the matter is, USD is too afraid to prove it.  Come play us.  If i remember correctly it was USD who said they wouldn't play in Brookings or Sioux Falls.  You honestly can't expect us to come to Vermillion during the first couple years of the transition.  But if there isn't much difference between the divisions then game on.  Come to Brookings you have nothing to lose, you either:

1) WIN, and be able to tell your kids, grandkids, and kids grandkids about the time the little University went to the big bad D1 school and whooped up on them when they thought they were all high and mighty.  Plus it would greatly increase your leverage in the state with recruits, fans, etc. and might even go a little further to establish some (a sliver of) reasoning behind your "SD's TEAM" marketing campaign

or

2) LOSE, and have the excuse that you weren't supposed to win anyway, State is in a higher division that you.  Even if you keep the game close it would help you for recruiting, publicity, etc.  PLUS, you will most likely get a big fat paycheck for playing us that would  come in very handy for the rinky dink operation of an Athletic Dept you have down south.  If nothing else it would help the South Dakota taxpayers from having to bail USD out from another financial mishap.  PLUS, it would give your fans and alumni something to be excited about.  Maybe it would be enough motivation to realize they should start to attend other games in Vermillion now that they can't all come out and cheer "HATE STATE" three times a year and feel good about themselves for a couple of days for being a supporter of their university.  

In my opinion, the ball is in USD's court.  I can't believe we would say we don't want to play you in basketball or football during the next couple of years because the gate would be huge and it would please some of our fanbase as well.  So if you want to keep talking the talk, i would venture to say you should speak with your AD and see if USD is ready to walk the walk.  Let's prove who is South Dakota's team on the fields and court; although there shouldn't be much debate looking at the support and performance of the two universities over the last 10 - 20 years..

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

As far as basketball the bottom of DI is worse than the top of DII.  SDSU proved that last year when they took their lumps from Southwest St, Wayne St, NE, Wayne St., MI, and Morningside.  (These teams were in no way the top of DII but you get my point, and how State fans can spout off about being one of the big boys after last season is beyond me).  SDSU was the bottom of DI and there is no way they could have competed with the top of DII.  SDSU was not even the worst team in DI, there were a lot of teams they could have beaten last year.  However, there is a big difference between the top of DI and DII as a division.  I think USD officials could recognize that USD wouldn't be able to compete with the top of DI and saw no point or advantage in being a bottom tier DI team.  Hopefully they will continue to recognize that in the future.

On a side note I can't believe 89 would even make reference to SDSU's game against Metro.  If I was you I would not want to bring up losing your last DII game by 50 points.  If that wasn't going to tell you what division you belonged in then there is nothing I can say that will. The sad thing is, that might have been the best basketball team you are going to have for a while.

Sports Buff,

You make some great points that the spin doctors will be all day coming up with answers for. I am sure the rabbitt fans hated that you picked off that old scab of the 50 point blowout to Metro. I am sure some of the rose colored glasses fogged up after that one. I'm afraid that our posts might not be read because of all the other D1 fans that are flocking to this site  : :. Keep up the good work of bringing these delusioned fans off the space shuttle and back down to earth.

Mavs#1

P.S.    I am still looking back to find out when SDSU last won a championship in football. My research has put me back to the seventies and I still can find one. Surely it can't be over 40 years since they won a championship.. Can it? ? ?

Comment

buff,

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sooth your wounded ego. : Again come join us in D-I or stay in D-II. It really doesn't matter to us. Please understand that if you stay in D-II you will be viewed as athletically inferior, by the overwhelming majority of sports fans, and there is nothing that you can do to change that. So again, I say accept the present and work to change the future, if you are so inclinded. Your posts on our board add no value to your University.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Mav D-II,

While you are doing your historical research, maybe you can tell me the last time that either UNO or USD went to an Elite 8 in either Men's or Women's basketball.  Let me give you a head start.  I know USD's Men did it in 1958.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. You don't really need to look that info up because I really don't care. It is what is called a rhetorical question.

Comment

Working...
                                X