Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If The Coyotes Played the Jacks

Originally posted by D-town

This conference was created to ensure football scheduling for those teams.  Making it a conference allows for championships and awards for the players.  I cannot imagine the NCAA would not support it.  
    That is my point. I could not imagine the NCAA not supporting a DI NCC.

Comment

Jack MD,
      I think the reluctance to form a new D1 conference came from the likes of the Minnesota schools, UNO, UND, USD, & Augie. rather than the NCAA.

Comment

I thought USD, UND and UNO (along with SDSU and NDSU) voted for taking the NCC to D1?

Comment

Thats news to me. I know the strongest opposition was from Minnesota St. and St. Cloud St.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
            Thats news to me. I know the strongest opposition was from Minnesota St. and St. Cloud St.

It was a few years ago when all this was first proposed. Yes, the Minnesota schools provided the strongest opposition to it. I'll do some checking around when I have time and see if I can find some documented info (I'm sure someone here will beat me to it ) But for now, I have a tee time I need to get to ;D

Comment

I believe I read an earlier thread here or maybe on the Bison board that the NCAA wouldn't allow a new conference to form mainly because of the revenue sharing of the mens basketball tournament.

Comment

As time goes on, the gap will widen further and further. It'll be like when a Nebraska or an Oklahoma plays a lower division school. D-II is going to continue to get watered down which will continue to widen the gap.

I have said it before and will say it again:

I'd rather be a rabbit, a rabbit, a rabbit. I'd rather be a rabbit than a #*%ing Coyote!

SUPERBUNNY is back in the hizzle!
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                  I'd rather be a rabbit, a rabbit, a rabbit.  I'd rather be a rabbit than a #*%ing Coyote!

Ahahahaha! I think we should use that as our slogan instead of that "Go big, go blue...." thing.

Comment

"You mean usdII is NOT South Dakota's Team?"

Comment

Originally posted by UNO Maverick

Then what about the current conference SDSU is in for football?
                      As I said my info is second hand. As for the GWFC, its a DIAA conference and has not effect on DI football or the BCS. I was referring only to DI conferences. I don't think moving the NCC up was an option.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

As my poor memory recalls, I think the NCAA has indicated that any new conference would not be gauranteed an automatic bid to the men's bb tourney. I don't think they can ban new conferences, but if you don't get the auto bid in the big money, it makes them much less attractive than getting into an existing conference.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                          As my poor memory recalls, I think the NCAA has indicated that any new conference would not be gauranteed an automatic bid to the men's bb tourney. I don't think they can ban new conferences, but if you don't get the auto bid in the big money, it makes them much less attractive than getting into an existing conference.
                          That is also the way I remember it.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                            I thought USD, UND and UNO (along with SDSU and NDSU) voted for taking the NCC to D1?
                            I dont have the archives to support  my comments, but as I recall, the Annual NCC conference meeting in 2000 or 2001 was when the matter of moving up to D1 as a conference was brought up by President Chapman(NDSU) and seconded by Peggy Miller of SDSU.  The vote as I recall was 6-2. UND and USD did not support this move. Augie and USD voted with the hockey schools to make it 6-2. This is what I recall. Texas is right opposition did come from the Minnesota schools, but USD and Augie both sided with UND and the Minnesota schools to kill the idea of moving up to D1AA in mass.  If some one had access to the NCC minutes, I believe you could find the correct positions that every NCC member took at that time.  Contrary to current spinning UND and USD did not support the D1AA Mass move by the NCC.

Comment

The vote couldn't have been 6-2 since UNC would have still been in the conference and Morningside was on its way out. The Fargo Forum covered the meetings which I believe took place in Austin, MN or another neutral Minnesota location. The schools that supported the move were actually UNC, NDSU, SDSU, and believe it or not USD. The schools that were against were UND, Augie, MSU, SCSU, and UNO. There may be a way to access the archives from the Fargo Forum to confirm this but I am very confident that this is right.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

I dont have the archives to support  my comments, but as I recall, the Annual NCC conference meeting in 2000 or 2001 was when the matter of moving up to D1 as a conference was brought up by President Chapman(NDSU) and seconded by Peggy Miller of SDSU.  The vote as I recall was 6-2. UND and USD did not support this move. Augie and USD voted with the hockey schools to make it 6-2. This is what I recall. Texas is right opposition did come from the Minnesota schools, but USD and Augie both sided with UND and the Minnesota schools to kill the idea of moving up to D1AA in mass.  If some one had access to the NCC minutes, I believe you could find the correct positions that every NCC member took at that time.  Contrary to current spinning UND and USD did not support the D1AA Mass move by the NCC.
                                There is a link to the minutes on the NCC website but you need a username and password.  At this point, I don't know how to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X