Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Testing the rivalry

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Lets face it and i dont really mean this as smack but can we really count on USD to do something that would benefit SDSU? They would probably take pride in loosing the game because it means it might be harder for SDSU to get a top 2 seed or to win the confrence.
    You are probably correct that if they were conscious of some help, it would not happen. Maybe Boots was getting his team up for the bison this week and we did not realize the Jacks were just another game on the schedule.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Yoteforever kind of conveniently left that part out. Classy!SUPERBUNNY
      SB, I left it out of what? Quite frankly, I never heard that chant, and I think it's BS. I sit on the floor and never heard it. I don't think it I, but if it I'd, 2 things. It was one or two kids close to Jacks fans, but it never reverberated though the crowd. FYI, the U has the whole night on tape w/ audio, and I am going to listen to the whole thing and confirm or say its B S. that being said, if it was said, then there's no room for it. I wouldn't and don't encourage vulgar language. There's no place for it. Personally speaking, I'm betting it wasn't said. Actually I thought the DADDY'S BOY chant was kinda funny. I don't find fault with that. What I was referring to was I was talking to a 77 year old lady from Vermillion at the game, wearing red, and she said the kids heckled her the whole game. Made references to her GE, etc. and in her words, she was FLOORED how many times the bull$$it chant was used on the refs. You do have to admit, you whine all the time about officiating. On this board also.

Comment

I didn't hear that chant either at USD.

Bull**** chant is heard everywhere in college sports. It's not clever in anyway, but it's really not offensive either. WGAF?

My mom was at the game at Frost on Thursday and was wearing USD stuff. No one said anything negative to her and she didn't get heckled once and loved her experience in Frost. I highly doubt any kid would heckle a 77 year old just because she was wearing USD stuff.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I'm guessing yoteforever is referring to the classless "Daddy's Boy" chant the students directed at Jordan Boots in the second half. I don't think any of us would want SDSU to be a place where the students direct cheers at individual student athletes from the other team. I would hope that we can make it a tough atmosphere by cheering for our team and not against individuals on the other team. Outside of that, the students were great. But that was lame.

Many of my fellow SDSU fans around me in section BB felt the same way.
          It was lame, and what goes around usually comes around. Case in Point, Coach Nagy's son seems to be playing pretty bb at BHS and could be in a Jack Uniform down the road. Just warning about a possibility. I suspect the USD students will not forget this chant aimed at Jordon Boots, who in my opinion is pretty good offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            It was lame, and what goes around usually comes around. Case in Point, Coach Nagy's son seems to be playing pretty bb at BHS and could be in a Jack Uniform down the road. Just warning about a possibility. I suspect the USD students will not forget this chant aimed at Jordon Boots, who in my opinion is pretty good offensively.
            Im pretty sure that chant has been around a long time. and i doubt most players really care. I would expect if Nagys sons would ever play for them I would think most schools would use that chant.

It seemed during the game that when students were chanting bullpoop, that the TV guy was trying to laugh over it and talk about something else because it came through clear as day on TV what the students were saying. Otherwise I couldnt hear any of the chants. it was just probably one of the louder games i have heard in awhile.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              If a player can't handle being called "daddy's boy" by the opposing student section, they are not mentally tough enough to play college basketball... or handle most situation life will throw at them for that matter.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                If a player can't handle being called "daddy's boy" by the opposing student section, they are not mentally tough enough to play college basketball... or handle most situation life will throw at them for that matter.
                +1

I think everyone would be surprised what comes out of high school students' mouths if they're worried about this. I got swore at a lot in high school even. Comments come with the territory.

Two things can't happen: Adults can't act this way and the administration can't either.

Students have to be taken with a grain of salt. I got swore at in the dome while walking in, but it was a drunk college kid. I could care less. I just smiled and went on my way.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The Bull**** and Daddys boy chants weren't bad at all, in fact I laughed when I heard the daddys boy chant. The BS chant can be heard at least once almost everytime I watch a college game on TV where a call went against the home team and the only people that would care are the "get off my lawn" type of people.

If anybody thought any of those chants were bad then they didn't see what chants the SFL student section did to Tetzlaff his senior year.
                  In fact I would say that in high school we did worse chants than what most college students do.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    The Bull**** and Daddys boy chants weren't bad at all, in fact I laughed when I heard the daddys boy chant. The BS chant can be heard at least once almost everytime I watch a college game on TV where a call went against the home team and the only people that would care are the "get off my lawn" type of people.

If anybody thought any of those chants were bad then they didn't see what chants the SFL student section did to Tetzlaff his senior year.
                    In fact I would say that in high school we did worse chants than what most college students do.
                    Like when washington high students dressed up to look like jesus when we play Ogorman? the administration was not so amused. They also said we couldnt do the score board cheer because it was apparently against the being good sports thing or where you could yell at the other team. and the score board cheer is pretty mild, a lot of places do those kind of things. The leader of the cheer would start and it would follow with a reply from the student section as they point to the corrisponding area according to the cheer....is that the score board, yes thats the score board, is that the winning, side, yes thats the winning side, is that the losing side, yes thats the losing side, is that the exit door, yes thats the exit door. score board, winnging side, losing side exit door, na na na na na, hey hey hey good bye.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Re: Testing the rivalry

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Like when washington high students dressed up to look like jesus when we play Ogorman? the administration was not so amused. They also said we couldnt do the score board cheer because it was apparently against the being good sports thing or where you could yell at the other team. and the score board cheer is pretty mild, a lot of places do those kind of things. The leader of the cheer would start and it would follow with a reply from the student section as they point to the corrisponding area according to the cheer....is that the score board, yes thats the score board, is that the winning, side, yes thats the winning side, is that the losing side, yes thats the losing side, is that the exit door, yes thats the exit door. score board, winnging side, losing side exit door, na na na na na, hey hey hey good bye.
                      Haha. The Jesus one is funny. When Wtn played SFL my senior year, SFL dressed up as homeless alcoholic people and carried paper bags and chanted alcoholic and other things to insinuate alcohol and drinking alcohol during game and when Tetzlaff was on the free throw line.

Some of my favorite cheers were "Nuts & Bolts, Nuts & Bolts, we got screwed" when a ref made a bad call and when teams like SFL had a foreinger on their team we would chant "USA" and cheers like that
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        SB, I left it out of what? Quite frankly, I never heard that chant, and I think it's BS. I sit on the floor and never heard it. I don't think it I, but if it I'd, 2 things. It was one or two kids close to Jacks fans, but it never reverberated though the crowd. FYI, the U has the whole night on tape w/ audio, and I am going to listen to the whole thing and confirm or say its B S. that being said, if it was said, then there's no room for it. I wouldn't and don't encourage vulgar language. There's no place for it. Personally speaking, I'm betting it wasn't said. Actually I thought the DADDY'S BOY chant was kinda funny. I don't find fault with that. What I was referring to was I was talking to a 77 year old lady from Vermillion at the game, wearing red, and she said the kids heckled her the whole game. Made references to her GE, etc. and in her words, she was FLOORED how many times the bull$$it chant was used on the refs. You do have to admit, you whine all the time about officiating. On this board also.
                        If u are offended by the BS chant youd better not go to any major fb or bb games.

Comment

Yoteforever,

We've got this thing figured out. It boils down to this.

USD = Not classy administration (always have, always will)
                          SDSU = Classy administration (always have, always will)

The fans for the two are pretty much the same.

I'm on to the Kangaroo game. Done with the Yoties for the year unless you are unlucky enought to draw us in SF.

Stay Classy!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

wonder which USD team will show up, the one who played at oakland or the one who played against NDSU at home. could be a game to follow with out Braun USD if they really tried could give NDSU a fit but i feel NDSu wont let this game be a slip up.

Comment

I sure hope the "good" USD team shows up. They are going to have to be red-hot in order to win in Fargo. Can you believe this KC team beat USD in the Dome? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                I was just giving fair warning, no doubt it wll be uttered over and over. I cant imagine young Nagy being rattled. Both Brayden Carlson's younger brother and Nagy seem to be playing well, but again they might end up at DSU or some place on that order. Recuiting your own son, can often backfire. One thing for sure, the son has to be damn good to survive. Whether Coach Boots made the right decison on this one remains to be seen.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM. Reason: never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X