Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I think I also said USD lost in Vtown that night. I was wrong, no credibility for me. SDSU wins 19 out of 20 times.Hey man, the dude abides....I can get you a toe, believe me.
    I take that bet

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I'm sorry to call you out, because I think you do care about being a good team. However, in a year when your team isn't good, you take what you can get, which is a win over your #1 rival.Your statement about the teams being fairly even indicates that in your only concerned with beating SDSU (at least this year). It is not fairly even. We are in second place, you are in last. We beat you by 30, you beat us by 4. That is fairly even only in the mind of a Coyote fan that cares only about beating one opponent. One win does not make the teams even. One win and near similar records would.I would say there are about 3500 fans that care only about beating us. 5000 came to see SDSU, 1500 came to see NDSU. The third place team in the league, former NCC foe, on a Saturday night with great weather, after one of the most exciting victories in the DI era. But we are supposed to believe the majority USD fans care about winning other games.
      We're you first to go D-1?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I'm from the DII days. Ask the athletes that played when SDSU was in the NCC. The biggest game of the year for Augie, USD, Mankato St, SCSU was SDSU. For UND and NDSU the 2nd biggest game of the year was SDSU. Just the way it was and is.This is a smack thread.
        Because you were an automatic W

Comment

You think the carpet pissers did this?
          Well dude we just don't know.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            We're you first to go D-1?
            I assume you are inferring that we had a head start and your team is at the same level? SDSU beat Ben Woodside and the rest of the Fab 4 with 4 football players getting significant playing time. They were way better than us, we just got lucky and played out of our minds on a night they were off a little bit. NDSU then beat us 10 times straight and made a trip to the NCAA's. I'm not saying we will beat USD 10 times straight, but one win didn't make us "fairly even" with them, just like USD isn't fairly even with us right now. Admittedly, at the time we had no idea how far behind we really were.

No matter how much of a fan you are (and I respect your passion for USD athletics), you can't honestly look in the mirror and say the two teams are "fairly even" right now (unless you are just trying to get our goat, in which case, mission accomplished).
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I was told in an earlier post, I believe by Doc, that the minor sports don't count. I referenced our sweep of SDSU in volleyball, the split in men's and women's basketball. Here is my question to you fan base on here. What has any Coyote fan ever said on this board that indicates that if we just beat you then all is good? That's stupid. Of course we want to beat you, just like you want to beat us. But I also want to win other games as well. I am not satisfied simply with a win over you, anymore than you are with a win over us. This crap about "I HEARD USD FANS SAY ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS BEAT STATE AND LIFE'S GOOD" is a crock of crap and you know it. To say you would beat us 13 of 14 times is a crock of crap. The wouldves and couldves don't mean squat. The game tells the story. It would be like me saying had we played you in football this fall, we would have won by 21. Or we would have beat you 13 of 14 times. Play the games. It appears to me that so far it has been fairly even. Don't ever try and convince me that No one from USD cares only about beating you. You know that's crap.
              You know I respect you YF, but I had multiple people say, and I quote: "I don't care if USD wins another game the entire year. I'm just glad they won this one". Or something to that respect. To be honest, it really pissed me off because it's not what your school needs. And I expect better if South Dakota teams ever want to do anything on a national level. I'm pretty sure the people I heard it from are just your average USD fan and those close to the school want more, but it was pathetic in my opinion. I never heard that crap when SDSU beat USD up in Brookings earlier.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                No matter how much of a fan you are (and I respect your passion for USD athletics), you can't honestly look in the mirror and say the two teams are "fairly even" right now (unless you are just trying to get our goat, in which case, mission accomplished).
                I may have fallen for it too!
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  You know I respect you YF, but I had multiple people say, and I quote: "I don't care if USD wins another game the entire year. I'm just glad they won this one". Or something to that respect. To be honest, it really pissed me off because it's not what your school needs. And I expect better if South Dakota teams ever want to do anything on a national level. I'm pretty sure the people I heard it from are just your average USD fan and those close to the school want more, but it was pathetic in my opinion. I never heard that crap when SDSU beat USD up in Brookings earlier.
                  If you say that's what you heard, I believe it. And you are right. That's crap. And when you pounded us in Brookings I gave your fan base kudos. The USD fan base has miles to go, no doubt. Actually further than our teams. Just know I am extremely competitive and have the same passion for vermillion and white as you do blue and gold. Great win today over Buffalo, now go win the Summit or all this banter is in vain.

Comment

now go win the Summit or all this banter is in vain.
                    #Truth .. and for the record it's YELLOW. but honestly I don't really care, but others will grill you on this.

Comment

If you say that's what you heard, I believe it. And you are right. That's crap. And when you pounded us in Brookings I gave your fan base kudos. The USD fan base has miles to go, no doubt. Actually further than our teams. Just know I am extremely competitive and have the same passion for vermillion and white as you do blue and gold. Great win today over Buffalo, now go win the Summit or all this banter is in vain.
                      Don't care much about Augie actually.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Don't care much about Augie actually.
                        Must because you are not Norwegian,

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Must because you are not Norwegian,
                          . . . or Lutheran . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

well, I'm Norwegian and Catholic (Dad converted when he married mom, he was Lutheran) and I don't care for Augie.

Comment

Don't care much about Northwestern College or Dordt either.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Wow. This old thread still around? Huh.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X