Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Not winning in Vermillion basically just cost your team a shot at the conference title and if your fanbase truley doesn't care about winning the game than you will have the Yotes spoil alot of what you are trying to accomplish over the years. If Nagy wants to downplay the importance of the game that is fine but the Yotes aren't going away and if the Jacks just treat it as a normal game they will probably lose more than not. Some games you have to step up your game to win. When Duke plays UNC they know they need to step up their game on that occasion. The Jacks would not win 90% of the games they played in Vermillion because they would never play in front of a crowd like they would get when they play at a place like UMKC. The Coyotes had plenty of energy left for the NDSU game and actually played very well for the most part. NDSU won because they played a great road game. Sorry to be a bit too rational in a smack thread.

When the media and fans talk about the USD upset over SDSU they are forgetting one major factor that played out in that game. What other team is going to be able to have the home court advantage against a particular team improve against one team as much as the home court advantage improved for the Yotes when they played SDSU. You can go into all the other teams gyms in the Summit and the environment isn't going to much different than it usually is. When the Jacks and Yotes play each other the home team is going to get a major boost from the crowd. There is nothing that will ever realistically be able to change that. The Yotes are always going to play their best against the Jacks when they are in Vermillion because the atmosphere is just a totally different than any other game. The shooting environment has been fairly mentioned as it probably played a small role but the Jacks were going to need to play better than a usual game to win even against a USD team that is at the bottom of the Summit. Basketball is an energy game and many intangibles can overcome a talent gap which is exactly what happened in the game in Vermillion. Don't critisize your team too badly because the Yotes had alot more to do with you losing than the Jacks did themselves.
    tl,dr
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      tl,dr
      WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        WTF?
        Too long; didn't read.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          Jack JD,

Sounds to me like you are probably more hurt in what actually happened on the court than what I said. I guess in future years you are going to have to get used to that more often. Since I have been watching the Yotes for the past two decades the series is just about 50-50. It doesn't stop there because the Yotes have plenty of conference titles in that timeframe as well. The Coyote Fans do need to step it up but that is also somewhat true of Jacks fans as well, especially when they were still in transition.
          No one is talking about the last 25 years. Nagy is now 13-8, not domination. Boots has a winning record against SDSU, not domination. Your statement is a true one and I'm not arguing it. Wins in Vermillion aren't easy to come by for SDSU. I still believe, based on careful analysis and scientific application that SDSU wins 14 of 15. CF is okay just misguided.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Actually, the poster in question is what Lenin* termed a "useful idiot". Nice to know I could use my Russian History knowledge SOMEWHERE! LOL

*For that poster in question, Lenin is Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, the first leader of the Soviet Union and NOT John Lennon of the Beatles. You know how those USD kids can get the two confused.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              Actually, the poster in question is what Lenin* termed a "useful idiot". Nice to know I could use my Russian History knowledge SOMEWHERE! LOL

*For that poster in question, Lenin is Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, the first leader of the Soviet Union and NOT John Lennon of the Beatles. You know how those USD kids can get the two confused.
              I didn't know CF worked for the New York Times!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With USD's basketball season now over, it's time for diehards like The Useful One to shift attention to baseball. I wonder how the USD sandlot squads will be this year. Which dorm or frat is favored to win the most brewskies in city league?
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  With USD's basketball season now over, it's time for diehards like The Useful One to shift attention to baseball. I wonder how the USD sandlot squads will be this year. Which dorm or frat is favored to win the most brewskies in city league?
                  Serious question: Do the Coyotes play softball? Not intending for smack just too lazy to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Serious question: Do the Coyotes play softball? Not intending for smack just too lazy to look it up.
                    USD men?

Comment

I am the walrus?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I am the walrus?
                        STFU, Donny. Let's go bowling.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Your phones ringing dude.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Your phones ringing dude.
                            Hey Smokey(s), this is a message board, not Vietnam, there are rules!

NO THREAD DRIFTS!
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

NO THREAD DRIFTS!
                              Well, it has been a pretty mild winter, with very little drifting so far . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

NO THREAD DRIFTS!
                                This... aggression will not stand... man!

I hate the F***ing Eagles.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X