Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    My parents were at the game and this is what they told me. Sorry if I don't hate USD. I thought the fighting between the two schools was something you don't like.
    I didn't infer anything about the fight, only stated that punches were thrown. Coach Stig said it well this evening when he was asked about the billboard. He said the rivalry doesn't exist in his mind or the mind of his players. Hate doesn't exactly describe how I feel about the coyotes. It's more like disdain as a consequence of repeated bad behavior.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I didn't infer anything about the fight, only stated that punches were thrown. Coach Stig said it well this evening when he was asked about the billboard. He said the rivalry doesn't exist in his mind or the mind of his players. Hate doesn't exactly describe how I feel about the coyotes. It's more like disdain as a consequence of repeated bad behavior.
      I'm sure Stig that but I would bet money that he's lying, in a similar vein of Derek Jeter saying he wasn't thinking about hit 3000 and then afterward saying he lied to the media cause that was what he's supposed to do. Maybe it's not on his mind constantly, but he is also a coach and his job is to be deflect media questions like this. Thank god we aren't playing them this year in football and we get to curbstomp them in bball
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I can't believe anyone is surprised that this kind of thing is happening. Did everyone forget what it was like before we made the move to DI? Nothing has changed at USD nor will it because they don't think there is anything wrong with the behavior. It's just a bunch of overly sensitive SDSU supporters reacting negatively to a little fun. The only defense I hear is that it could be worse. Well, I'm pretty sure this is only the surface of what is going to be a lot worse. There is no sense of accountability from administration in Vermillion and hence no sense of responsibility on the fans part. I talked with several former athletes that were subject to the behavior in Vermillion and they called the worst experience of their athletic careers. I suspect that is the goal and I'm pretty sure its only going to get uglier.

Take the EWU game for instance, fist fight on the field after it ended. How many times do we see that at CAS? My stance remains unchanged, renewing the rivalry brings with it many positives but those will likely be greatly outweighed by the negatives. I hope I'm wrong but see little precedent to support the contrary.
        Your attitude and posts sum up what I dislike about SDSU. Most of the SDSU fans are good people and the SDSU players I played against were good competitors. Your insecurity is amazing, but most likely propelled you to great success in your career.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
          Your attitude and posts sum up what I dislike about SDSU. Most of the SDSU fans are good people and the SDSU players I played against were good competitors. Your insecurity is amazing, but most likely propelled you to great success in your career.
          Why are you always attacking a SDSU poster by always citing that there are other SDSU fans unlike you? This is getting old. I do not do this on the Coyote board. JackMD spent some time in your school of medicine. I think he kind of knows what goes on in Verminland better than most of us do. I like his attitude. He is a credit to both USD and SDSU although I dont have a problem with his bias tipping towards SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Why are you always attacking a SDSU poster by always citing that there are other SDSU fans unlike you? This is getting old. I do not do this on the Coyote board. JackMD spent some time in your school of medicine. I think he kind of knows what goes on in Verminland better than most of us do. I like his attitude and his bedside manner.
            Whaaa?
            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Why are you always attacking a SDSU poster by always citing that there are other SDSU fans unlike you? This is getting old. I do not do this on the Coyote board. JackMD spent some time in your school of medicine. I think he kind of knows what goes on in Verminland better than most of us do. I like his attitude and his bedside manner.
              Since this is a smack section: I have to agree with you about it getting old - You are an expert in that department.

Comment

Since this is a smack section: I have to agree with you about it getting old - You are an expert in that department.
                Seems like you pulled this same crap on me on the UND game thread last fall. I made a comment that based on the game with UND, I thought we could have handled USD last year. (Not talking about this year)You were all over me and telling me I was not like your friends at SDSU. Talk about thin skinned. For someone who played football I would think you had more than that and would not be attacking the good doctor who happened to attend SDSU. He knows whats going on at USD and tells the truth SUCH AS THE FIST FIGHT AFTER THE EWU game.

Comment

Seems like you pulled this same crap on me on the UND game thread last fall. I made a comment that based on the game with UND, I thought we could have handled USD last year. (Not talking about this year)You were all over me and telling me I was not like your friends at SDSU. Talk about thin skinned. For someone who played football I would think you had more than that and would not be attacking the good doctor who happened to attend SDSU. He knows whats going on at USD and tells the truth SUCH AS THE FIST FIGHT AFTER THE EWU game.
                  You can continue to admire his "bedside manner" all you want, as creepy as that is.

As far as you are concerned, I could not care less what you think of me. I don't need any more fans in Arlington, SD.

Comment

As far as you are concerned, I could not care less what you think of me. I don't need any more fans in Arlington, SD.
                    Well you sure are not like my friends down at USD, they show more class than what come out of your trap. Now how does that feel?

Comment

Well you sure are not like my friends down at USD, they show more class than what come out of your trap. Now how does that feel?
                      Nidaros, you are too much! Very funny. Reading your last post made me think of Mr. Burns in a Simpsons episode from years ago - where Mr. Burns weakly tried to beat someone over the head and told them he was giving them the beating of their lives as he about passed out from exhaustion. Funny!

Comment

For the record Nidardos, I was at the USD-EWU game. There wasn't a FIST FIGHT. Fists were thrown by EWU, and probably because some smack talk about the score and late hit on Warren, but not a FIST FIGHT. The players from USD didn't stoop down to EWU level.
                        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Nidaros, you are too much! Very funny. Reading your last post made me think of Mr. Burns in a Simpsons episode from years ago - where Mr. Burns weakly tried to beat someone over the head and told them he was giving them the beating of their lives as he about passed out from exhaustion. Funny!
                          I guess we can agree that the Simpsons is a funny show and I missed the Mr. Burns beating.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                            For the record Nidardos, I was at the USD-EWU game. There wasn't a FIST FIGHT. Fists were thrown by EWU, and probably because some smack talk about the score and late hit on Warren, but not a FIST FIGHT. The players from USD didn't stoop down to EWU level.
                            Thats good to hear.

Comment

Insecurity, I don't think I've ever been described as insecure but I'll consider it. Competitive, I've been described that way. Successful, I'm not really concerned about whether other people consider me successful or not. Opinionated, for sure especially as it pertains to things I am passionate about.

As I consider the insecure comment I wonder what you mean? Did I infer that I didn't want to see the rivalry with USD renewed because I was concerned that USD might defeat us? If you interpreted my comment as such than you are mistaken. I fully expect that USD will indeed defeat us and in many contests. I certainly hope SDSU wins more than they lose but I feel that way about every program we compete against. Did you mean I'm insecure because I don't embrace the resumption of rivalry that lacks mutual respect? If that is the case then you are spot on.

For me, SDSU athletics is about much more than an in-state rivalry that accounts for a fraction of the seasons result. Placing more emphasis on it than on other contests may generate interest for those few contests but serves little other purpose. Doesn't mean it isn't significant for some and my opinion about the topic certainly shouldn't dissuade them from being very enthusiastic about the rivalry.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                                I think that depends on how you define stoop down but I digress. Sometimes kids are kids it just seems like kids are a little less well behaved in Vermillion. Again, I'm biased in my opinion so take it for what its worth (maybe nothing).

Comment

Working...
                                X