Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    No, but when your fans wear shirts that say "Beat State, not your wife", that's taking crassness to a whole new disgusting level.
    Lol - those were just funny.

I'm hoping we can come up with some creative shirts/signs/chants for the USD basketball game this year. Already looking forward to going back to the Dome wearing Blue and Yellow. It'll be weird, but fun.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

not funny at all. and nothing was done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by HARE1 View Post
        not funny at all. and nothing was done about it.
        Agreed, the shirts were not funny at all. If it was us on the other side, I would have been embarrassed. I'm sure a lot of USD fans were embarrassed.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Agreed, the shirts were not funny at all. If it was us on the other side, I would have been embarrassed. I'm sure a lot of USD fans were embarrassed.
          If I was a usd fan I would probably be embaressed just by being a usd fan.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Oh no! A somewhat inappropriate joke! That never happens in the world of comedy.

And yes, goon, you were right: I was being serious that I thought they were funny. I would have laughed no matter who made the shirts.

More neg rep, please.

Comment

I'm sure the wife-in-question probably didn't appreciate it.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                I'm sure the wife-in-question probably didn't appreciate it.
                I do not know her, but I am assuming she had more on her mind than some student sold tshirts at a school 90 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Oh no! A somewhat inappropriate joke! That never happens in the world of comedy.

And yes, goon, you were right: I was being serious that I thought they were funny. I would have laughed no matter who made the shirts.

More neg rep, please.
                  A somewhat inappropriate joke? Its sad you think something like that is ok. You probably laugh at dead baby jokes, and people with disabilities. I hope you get the pleasure to meet her some day and tell her how funny of a joke it was.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    A somewhat inappropriate joke? Its sad you think something like that is ok. You probably laugh at dead baby jokes, and people with disabilities. I hope you get the pleasure to meet her some day and tell her how funny of a joke it was.
                    What he said

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Dead baby jokes are very rarely clever or interesting. But I am someone who can find humor in things that other people may find offensive. I realize that not everyone is like that.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up in a world/society where I am essentially desensitized to everything. We had a discussion about this in one of my classes, but I (and many of my peers) am not offended by anything. Is this a byproduct of society? Possibly; or it could be my own personal shortcoming. Either way, making a joke about domestic violence does not offend me. Does that mean I'm advocating domestic violence, or violence of any kind for that matter? No. But I do feel like jokes can be made about any subject.

Once again, I realize that not everyone is like this. Just trying to explain view/opinion.

Comment

I can't believe anyone is surprised that this kind of thing is happening. Did everyone forget what it was like before we made the move to DI? Nothing has changed at USD nor will it because they don't think there is anything wrong with the behavior. It's just a bunch of overly sensitive SDSU supporters reacting negatively to a little fun. The only defense I hear is that it could be worse. Well, I'm pretty sure this is only the surface of what is going to be a lot worse. There is no sense of accountability from administration in Vermillion and hence no sense of responsibility on the fans part. I talked with several former athletes that were subject to the behavior in Vermillion and they called the worst experience of their athletic careers. I suspect that is the goal and I'm pretty sure its only going to get uglier.

Take the EWU game for instance, fist fight on the field after it ended. How many times do we see that at CAS? My stance remains unchanged, renewing the rivalry brings with it many positives but those will likely be greatly outweighed by the negatives. I hope I'm wrong but see little precedent to support the contrary.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Take the EWU game for instance, fist fight on the field after it ended. How many times do we see that at CAS? My stance remains unchanged, renewing the rivalry brings with it many positives but those will likely be greatly outweighed by the negatives. I hope I'm wrong but have little precedent to support the contrary.
                          From what I heard, those were instigated by a EWU cheap-shot on Dante Warren. Hopefully no EWU players cheap-shot either the USD or SDSU QBs during a USD-SDSU football game

Comment

From what I heard, those were instigated by a EWU cheap-shot on Dante Warren. Hopefully no EWU players cheap-shot either the USD or SDSU QBs during a USD-SDSU football game
                            Exactly the reply I would expect from a coyote apologist.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Dead baby jokes are very rarely clever or interesting. But I am someone who can find humor in things that other people may find offensive. I realize that not everyone is like that.

Maybe it has something to do with growing up in a world/society where I am essentially desensitized to everything. We had a discussion about this in one of my classes, but I (and many of my peers) am not offended by anything. Is this a byproduct of society? Possibly; or it could be my own personal shortcoming. Either way, making a joke about domestic violence does not offend me. Does that mean I'm advocating domestic violence, or violence of any kind for that matter? No. But I do feel like jokes can be made about any subject.

Once again, I realize that not everyone is like this. Just trying to explain view/opinion.
                              Most people have pretty thick skin to not be offended by most anything now adays. The problem is not that it was or was not funny, but it should not have been done. I am going to stop wasting my time on this topic now.

Comment

My parents were at the game and this is what they told me. Sorry if I don't hate USD. I thought the fighting between the two schools was something you don't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X