USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

I spoke last night with my son, SDSU student working PT at Daktronics living with 2 other students also working at Daktronics. He had not yet noticed this billboard. His roommates had not noticed this billboard. No one in his dept at Daktronics had mentioned this billboard. I have a feeling the billboard is safe from blue paint.

And the rivalry between SDSU & USD? Well USD might want to notify the students at State on that one.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Re: Usd 605

The secret of 605 is unlocked! It shows up in that 11-17-2011 date on that USD billboard. Follow me here:

Subtract 11 from 17: 6
      Take the only non-value: 0
      Add the numbers in 2012: 5

I would not be surprised if this is the same date that end-of-the-world guy from California chooses as his next rapture moment.

I've waited, and waited, and waited, but finally have to say that the above quote of an earlier post again reveals the date of 11-17-2011 on the USD billboard, when, of course, you all know that the date is 11-17-2012 (which is, of course, needed to make the "5" for that stupid area code fiasco). OK, I know, it's just my proofreading background, but just had to get it out of my mind!

As a footnote, and as I noted in a much earlier post, SDSU's athletic department and administration would never have sanctioned a billboard like this for us. It is, of course, just the U-dot way of doing things. Time to head out to get some strawberry-rhubarb pie -- my favorite!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Did we lose him as a fan with the DI change or are you just pointing out he's been a fan for a long time? Hope it's the later. Go Jacks!
        He used to go to 3-5 athletic events a year. He doesn't like many of the changes DI brings with it, most specifically the higher ticket prices. He still follows the Jacks, but I don't think he has paid for a ticket since about 2005.

I tell him he is a stick in the mud, he laughs.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Billboard all in good fun. If we wanted to play dirty we would have dressed the rabbit in a jersey with #4 on it.
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
            Billboard all in good fun. If we wanted to play dirty we would have dressed the rabbit in a jersey with #4 on it.
            Haha. That would have taken it to a whole new level I agree.

Comment

I always thouhgt we were beter then usd fans because they only cared about beating us and not how the rest of the seaon went but now I can atleast feel good knowing how bad our year is. Atleast we are better then usd.

Nope that still doesn't make me feel better.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Time to head out to get some strawberry-rhubarb pie -- my favorite!!
                I like pie

Comment

Ok I do like pie, but I also like this KDLT story

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=57#video

Blueberry pie is great.

Comment

My reaction to all of this is: Why do some people see the SDSU/USD rivalry as a zero sum game? In order for SDSU to succeed, USD has to fail. In order for USD to succeed, SDSU has to fail. I understand being a sports fan and wanting your team to win. But this goes beyond that for some people (on both sides). They literally hope for the other school to fail and any sign of failure by the other, no matter how small, insignificant or isolated, is seen as a "win" for their school. Makes no sense to me.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bottom line is USD needs to use a game to be played next season at SDSU to get some buzz for their program. Truly a measure of the irrelevance of USD athletics.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Bottom line is USD needs to use a game to be played next season at SDSU to get some buzz for their program. Truly a measure of the irrelevance of USD athletics.
                        I totally agree with JimmyJack. I have said this repeatedly, that what is good for both schools is good for the state of South Dakota. Prariehaas, you are totally wrong, but just one of most that constantly belittles USD's program. USD doesn't need the game anymore than you do, but I guaranty that fans that don't come to message boards want the game to happen in all sports. It's a good thing for you the game isn't this year, and you know it. Next year might be totally different.

What amazes me is how a large number of you so-called Jacks fans claim your total love and passion for your school, but after getting home last night and reading your Cal-Poly thread, I can't believe how many of you have turned on Stig or TOB, or the O line, or something else. You are only fans if you win? Now I am starting to understand why Coyote_Fan jumped ship. He is like that also. He's a fan as long as his team wins. The first sight of trouble, and the blame game comes out.

Shame on all of you so called "critic" fans. You have a good team. You showed that by beating a very good Southern Utah team. Sometimes teams have "funks" and takes a little while to play out of them, or get the ship pointed in the right direction. I think that's the case of your team now. Is this the best SDSU team you've had? probably not. But my guess is before it is all over, you are gonna be ok. You might not win the league, but then again you might. If I was one of your players and had read the posts you all made about cal-Poly, I would salute you with the middle finger.

Get off this "hate" thing of USD. If you don't like them because of rivalry, so be it. But to make crap of every move they make because it doesn't meet your so called standards, then you're wrong. To have read some of what you posted during the game and then call yourselves fans? That is the biggest joke on here. Not the billboard.

Back your team. I was sorry you got beat, but I also understand how much goes into the whole ordeal, where I would bet many of you have no clue. You can still be a fan and make comments, but to belittle and hammer your QB like you do........amazing. It isn't the USD fans that have trouble, pull out a mirror and you'll see the source.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          I totally agree with JimmyJack. I have said this repeatedly, that what is good for both schools is good for the state of South Dakota. Prariehaas, you are totally wrong, but just one of most that constantly belittles USD's program. USD doesn't need the game anymore than you do, but I guaranty that fans that don't come to message boards want the game to happen in all sports. It's a good thing for you the game isn't this year, and you know it. Next year might be totally different.

What amazes me is how a large number of you so-called Jacks fans claim your total love and passion for your school, but after getting home last night and reading your Cal-Poly thread, I can't believe how many of you have turned on Stig or TOB, or the O line, or something else. You are only fans if you win? Now I am starting to understand why Coyote_Fan jumped ship. He is like that also. He's a fan as long as his team wins. The first sight of trouble, and the blame game comes out.

Shame on all of you so called "critic" fans. You have a good team. You showed that by beating a very good Southern Utah team. Sometimes teams have "funks" and takes a little while to play out of them, or get the ship pointed in the right direction. I think that's the case of your team now. Is this the best SDSU team you've had? probably not. But my guess is before it is all over, you are gonna be ok. You might not win the league, but then again you might. If I was one of your players and had read the posts you all made about cal-Poly, I would salute you with the middle finger.

Get off this "hate" thing of USD. If you don't like them because of rivalry, so be it. But to make crap of every move they make because it doesn't meet your so called standards, then you're wrong. To have read some of what you posted during the game and then call yourselves fans? That is the biggest joke on here. Not the billboard.

Back your team. I was sorry you got beat, but I also understand how much goes into the whole ordeal, where I would bet many of you have no clue. You can still be a fan and make comments, but to belittle and hammer your QB like you do........amazing. It isn't the USD fans that have trouble, pull out a mirror and you'll see the source.
                          You're a great fan of USD and have been mostly respectful when on here; however, you do realize you're on SDSU's message board right?

Fans are critics and you'll especially see fans do it on message boards where there is no personal name connected to their profile (Yes, I know it doesn't make it right). It means they care. No one is saying they're not fans of the team anymore. They're expressing their feelings about the play and saying that things need to change. And with how they've played the past two and a half weeks, a lot of them are right. Maybe a little over the top at times, but they're just expressing their feelings of how awful it's been.

As for USD, I wish they would have stayed D-II. I have many reasons but don't feel like writing all of them. My main reason is that I don't think South Dakota can support two D-I teams and be fully successful (athletically). The other is recruiting.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;183980]

Get off this "hate" thing of USD.
                            QUOTE]

Remind me, which school has student sections that wear shirts saying HATE on them? You can get off your high horse now, you do know this is an SDSU fan site and even when we are upset with our teams, at least we know we are still better then your team.

Its a smack section, try to have some fun.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Saw several SDSU students wearing t-shirts at the SUU game wearing "Screw U" t-shirts. Didn't bother me - should it? Winning against SDSU is not the only goal of SD as many on here have stated. It is a goal though. UNI is the program our AD is focusing the FB program on as our target.

SD obviously lacks breadth of fans (from years of AD neglect and mismanagement IMO). The AD Sayler is changing that approach and is putting quality on the field of play. If we can use the SDSU game to get some of the former students and current students to pay any attention to the programs, that is what you will continue to see. From the reaction, I think you will see more.

Comment

No, but when your fans wear shirts that say "Beat State, not your wife", that's taking crassness to a whole new disgusting level.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X