Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    This is not a good thing. Stick a fork in 'em. The Twins are done for 2009. That sucks.
    Well, so far, so good, 7 shutout innings and the W in his first start.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Another good writeup about Mauer.

http://www.aarongleeman.com/

Comment

Got the first half of the doubleheader. Win game two tonight and its all tied up with 5 games to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Got the first half of the doubleheader. Win game two tonight and its all tied up with 5 games to go!
          Had a procedure to perform and missed the end of the game. After the bunt double play in the top of the 9th I thought it was going to go the wrong way. Big win. I know what I'm doing if I get home from work in time tonight.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Both teams tried as hard as they could to lose, but in the end the Tigers just wanted to lose more. Hat tip.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Apparently Mauer is going to start game two as well after catching 10 innings in Game 1. He walked in Gardy's office and said "I got it".

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, but if he's the MVP then it should be expected he catches game 2. Kudos to Joe for stepping up. Now, they need to figure out how to win the next couple games.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                  Don't take this the wrong way, but if he's the MVP then it should be expected he catches game 2. Kudos to Joe for stepping up. Now, they need to figure out how to win the next couple games.
                  Catching both games of a doubleheader is not easy. Very rarely do you see a catcher catch both games.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Catching both games of a doubleheader is not easy. Very rarely do you see a catcher catch both games.
                    Especially one who has a history of knee injuries.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Exactly. He was behind the plate again today. I bet he is the DH tomorrow.

Comment

Twins up 4-0 in the 6th. Delmon Young with a big double scoring 3.

Comment

Twins back in control of their own destiny. ChiSox take another from the Tigers to tie the AL Central race with one to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            Believe me, I understand the rarity of someone catching both games of a doubleheader. Catcher is the most difficult position in baseball. I was just saying that if you're the MVP, then you need to step it up. That's why catchers never (until Mauer) win the batting title because of the wear and tear.

Comment

Dome magic once again!! Amazing game, great win, phenomenal! Now, can they pull of the impossible and beat the Yankees? No one has ever won a penant when they have been in the Twins position that late in the year. Anything could happen.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

what agreat game! the dome still has some magic in it!

Comment

Working...
                                X