Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    ....and promptly picked up his 4th loss.

Although, you can probably tag this one on Nathan.
    Don't forget Span's base running mistake in the top of the 9th, would have left the Twins with a runner on second and Morneau up

Comment

After the blowup in today's 4th inning, I am refusing to watch the Twins for the next week. If they don't trade for someone or get their act together and start winning games, I'm turning all my attention to the upcoming college football season.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        After the blowup in today's 4th inning, I am refusing to watch the Twins for the next week. If they don't trade for someone or get their act together and start winning games, I'm turning all my attention to the upcoming college football season.
        Okay we agree on something. Finally someone (Fox announcers) are calling out Span for not taking a few more pitches to try and get Joe Mauer to the plate for an RBI opportunity. Been happening all too often this year with him and others. Follows that up with missing the cut off man. A very undisciplined team.

Comment

We are going to win Twins, we are going to score..... cant recall the rest of the song.

but the last line is CHEER CHEER CHEER FOR THE MINESOTA TWINS TODAY.

Bear down Chicago Bears. Dont know the words to that one either, but can hum a few bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            We are going to win Twins, we are going to score..... cant recall the rest of the song.
            I can't believe I'm doing this, from memory no less, but:

We're gonna win, Twins
            We're gonna score
            We're gonna win, Twins
            Watch that baseball soar.
            Crack out a home run
            Shout a hip-hooray
            Cheer for the Minnesota Twins TODAY!
            Last edited by jacksfaninne; 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM. Reason: Found actual lyrics. Corrected Knock to Crack.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              I can't believe I'm doing this, from memory no less, but:

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score.
              We're gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar.
              Knock out a home run, shout a hip-hooray!
              Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!
              The Twins were here in KC playing the Royals a year or two ago at a game where Snookums and her parents and I were in attendance. I sang the Twins song for my in-laws who are from Independence, MO.

They thought I was nuts, but I think they also envied the Twins catchy jingle-song. Ah, the things you pick up, growing up in the Upper Midwest . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Years ago, I spent some money and went on the WNAX bus tour to Minneopolis to watch the twins. I guess what really got me doing goose pimples was that they played that song over the PA as the Twins took the field to open the game. For a Pro team to have songs and rahrah its quite impressive.

Comment

I'm not trying to smother the feel good going on here, but I just read that Kevin Slowey is now likely done for the season as he will have to undergo surgery to remove bone chips from his right wrist. Bah!

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/...ed-for-season/
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    The Twins were here in KC playing the Royals a year or two ago at a game where Snookums and her parents and I were in attendance. I sang the Twins song for my in-laws who are from Independence, MO.

They thought I was nuts, but I think they also envied the Twins catchy jingle-song. Ah, the things you pick up, growing up in the Upper Midwest . . .
                    I have the Twins theme song on my ipod. I put it on there before going to a Twins-A's playoff game a few years ago. We listened to it several times before the game, it didn't help though as Santana lost game 1 and the Twins were swept.

I practically grew up with that song as my dad would sing it after every Twins win, granted in the mid 90s the Twins didn't win many games...

Comment

Tigers got Washburn. White Sox got Peavy. And the Twins got Orlando Cabrera, I think the Twins lost at the deadline. But might have another trade in works hopefully to get some pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
                        Tigers got Washburn. White Sox got Peavy. And the Twins got Orlando Cabrera, I think the Twins lost at the deadline. But might have another trade in works hopefully to get some pitching.
                        I just can't keep from thinking where the Twins would be with Jason Bartlett and Matt Garza instead of Delmon Young and Brendan Harris

Comment

The Twins signed P Carl Pavano today to give the starting rotation a boost and sent RA Dickey down to the minors.

Comment

The Twins signed P Carl Pavano today to give the starting rotation a boost and sent RA Dickey down to the minors.
                            This is not a good thing. Stick a fork in 'em. The Twins are done for 2009. That sucks.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I can't wait to Zimmer's take on this.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The "American Idle" himself, Carl Pavano. Good Luck with that Twins fans.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X