Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    The Cubs definitely get a cut, that is part of the reason they are so expensive. My son in- law's company rents out the rooftop seats off Sheffield by right field in fact they were there Saturday for the extra inning game.
    I kinda figured they did get a cut because they had links on their website to the companies that rent out the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      I kinda figured they did get a cut because they had links on their website to the companies that rent out the seats.
      This is also why the Cubs no longer have a problem with them. Plus it only adds to the whole mystique of the ballpark.

Comment

Went to bed last night with the Twins leading Oakland 12 to 2. I woke up this morning and found out that Oakland beat the Twins 14 to 13. I don't even know where to begin ....

Comment

Good defense wins ball games, and where was that Twins defense? Left in a Dallas hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Good defense wins ball games, and where was that Twins defense? Left in a Dallas hotel?
            I didn't really think it was the Twins defense, it was the Twins relief pitching. They had been doing an excellent job of late but they really, really struggled in this one.

Comment

Yes you are probably right, I was thinking the relief pitching in a sense is part of the defense, and as you said they let the team down. Another game today so you move on.

Comment

And while they never have been in the position, Cuddy was clearly safe at home which should have tied the game. Bad, bad call ended the game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  And while they never have been in the position, Cuddy was clearly safe at home which should have tied the game. Bad, bad call ended the game.
                  He was clearly safe, I saw it right away, the Ump was out of position. That being said, never should have came down to that situation at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                    If I was that ump I would have called him out just to end the misery inflicted by the Twin's relief pitching. Morneau is still the man.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm a Twins fan, and they choked so bad last night *I* nearly passed out!

That being said.. we sure didn't need any favors from the home plate up last night... we seemed to be doing a good enough job shooting ourselves in the foot on our own!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

True enough. That call on Monday night sucked but the Twins lost the game when they couldn't pitch with a 10 run lead not on that call.

Nice grinder of a win last night to bounce back. Win one this afternoon and the quest continues.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Looks like they'll get the chance to attempt to return the favor from Monday night. Twins down 8-1 in the second, errr, make that 9-1. Morneau got his 24th for the Twins lone run. Still no one out, bottom 2.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Jesse Crain to report back to the Twins today. I hope he figured something out down in the minors.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              Jesse Crain to report back to the Twins today. I hope he figured something out down in the minors.
                              ....and promptly picked up his 4th loss.

Although, you can probably tag this one on Nathan.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yeah you can pin it on Nathan for the walk and the hit batter. And then that crazy ground ball that hit the second base bag. Not good at all.

Its a good thing we've got NFL football and college football coming soon because its looking like the Twins may stay right at this .500 mark all season long. I don't see what's going to change it at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X