X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Good game out of Lirano finally.

The bullpen is terrrrrrrrrible.

So are Delmon Young, Alexi Casilla and Crede so far at the plate. Crede and Casilla at least play solid D.

Morneau and Mauer are the best hitters on the team (duh) but Span and Kubel have been superb so far this year.

Baker and Slowey need to get it together.

Luckily, the rest of this division is trash. I think they have a shot.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      Good game out of Lirano finally.

The bullpen is terrrrrrrrrible.

So are Delmon Young, Alexi Casilla and Crede so far at the plate. Crede and Casilla at least play solid D.

Morneau and Mauer are the best hitters on the team (duh) but Span and Kubel have been superb so far this year.

Baker and Slowey need to get it together.

Luckily, the rest of this division is trash. I think they have a shot.
      Slowey has 4 wins so far this year and pitched well at times, ex. Cleveland game last weekend. I think Baker is on the right track, he looked really, really good for 6 innings yesterday but lost it in he 7th.

Bullpen has sucked, something needs to change out there and I don't think R.A. Dickey is the answer.

Span I expected a little bit of a drop off from last year but he's been great this year, Kubel has surprised me immensely this year. Crede has shown flashes of being good at the plate and flashes of not having a clue what is going on.

It's still way too early in the season for anyone to get concerned. They weren't much better at this time last year.

Comment

Alexi Casilla sent down. Matt Tolbert recalled.

Hope it helps.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          Alexi Casilla sent down. Matt Tolbert recalled.

Hope it helps.
          Casilla needed something, not only for his offense but his defense. Hopefully he gets things figured out soon.

Comment

So I went to Wrigley Field for the first time ever on Friday for the Twins/Cubs game. Wrigley is a great place, as old-school of a stadium as one can imagine in this day with all of the new, high tech stadiums. It will be interesting now to compare Target Field, since I've heard they are going to have a "rooftop" seating area, such as the ones outside of Wrigley.

Twins fans were all over the city all weekend. Seemed like 1/2 the stadium was Twins fans during the wins. Never imagined seeing that many Twins fans, it was a blast to see. Cubs fans are very good fans and good people and don't deserve the 100 years of futility they have endured.

Fully expected what Saturday and Sunday's games were with the Twins and Cubs struggling offenses, so 7-4 was an entertaining game with Slowey mowing people down for the first 5 innings, Mauer hitting a HR to start up the scoring and watching Nathan close out the game.

Most priceless part was I was sitting in the right field bleacher seats in the section next to the area Milton Bradley threw the two out fly ball. He took a lot of heat over it, even though it didn't cost them a run, but was good natured over it and threw the warm up ball from the top of the next inning into the same section only to have a chucked back at him. Priceless.

Got to listen to Ron Santo for the first full game ever on the way home Sunday. Now there is announcer to listen to. His homer lines on the radio have to just make a person laugh. I've heard the best bits on ESPN radio here and there, but he has lines all the time.

Chicago is a fabulous city and Wrigley is a highly recommended stadium to visit. Don't recommend getting drunk there without getting a fat withdrawl from the nearest cash machine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              So I went to Wrigley Field for the first time ever on Friday for the Twins/Cubs game. Wrigley is a great place, as old-school of a stadium as one can imagine in this day with all of the new, high tech stadiums. It will be interesting now to compare Target Field, since I've heard they are going to have a "rooftop" seating area, such as the ones outside of Wrigley.

Twins fans were all over the city all weekend. Seemed like 1/2 the stadium was Twins fans during the wins. Never imagined seeing that many Twins fans, it was a blast to see. Cubs fans are very good fans and good people and don't deserve the 100 years of futility they have endured.

Fully expected what Saturday and Sunday's games were with the Twins and Cubs struggling offenses, so 7-4 was an entertaining game with Slowey mowing people down for the first 5 innings, Mauer hitting a HR to start up the scoring and watching Nathan close out the game.

Most priceless part was I was sitting in the right field bleacher seats in the section next to the area Milton Bradley threw the two out fly ball. He took a lot of heat over it, even though it didn't cost them a run, but was good natured over it and threw the warm up ball from the top of the next inning into the same section only to have a chucked back at him. Priceless.

Got to listen to Ron Santo for the first full game ever on the way home Sunday. Now there is announcer to listen to. His homer lines on the radio have to just make a person laugh. I've heard the best bits on ESPN radio here and there, but he has lines all the time.

Chicago is a fabulous city and Wrigley is a highly recommended stadium to visit. Don't recommend getting drunk there without getting a fat withdrawl from the nearest cash machine, though.
              I think the rooftop seating at Target Field is going to be a little bit different than the ones at Wrigley. The ones at Wrigley are outside of the stadium and across the street and were originally frowned upon by Cubs administration, while the one at Target Field will be located inside the stadium. Also, I think you have to go through a different ticket office other than the Cubs one for the rooftop seating while the Twins will sell theres themselves. I'm guessing they will be similar in many ways though.

Comment

Taking the kids to Kansas City end of this month. Worlds of Fun, CoCo Key water park, Twins vs Royals at the newly renovated "K". K.C. is closer than the Twin Cities and the "K" is a great place to watch baseball. When the new stadium is open it will be a little tougher decision. I think early season in K.C. and then later in the summer a trip to the Twin Cities.

If any of the K.C. locals have any advice regarding things to do while in the area please let me know. My kids are 7, 5, and 2 years old.

Should be a good series. Wish I could stay for the get away game on Wednesday and see all 3 games.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  I think the rooftop seating at Target Field is going to be a little bit different than the ones at Wrigley. The ones at Wrigley are outside of the stadium and across the street and were originally frowned upon by Cubs administration, while the one at Target Field will be located inside the stadium. Also, I think you have to go through a different ticket office other than the Cubs one for the rooftop seating while the Twins will sell theres themselves. I'm guessing they will be similar in many ways though.
                  I would guess the Cubs have little to do with the roof tops across the street. Does anyone know if the Cubs could prevent the apartment owners from selling access to the roofs during Cubs games? Or do the Cubs get a certain cut from the owners.

It's not like the buildings were built just to get a sight line to the games....the owners just capitlized on a view.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I would guess the Cubs have little to do with the roof tops across the street. Does anyone know if the Cubs could prevent the apartment owners from selling access to the roofs during Cubs games? Or do the Cubs get a certain cut from the owners.

It's not like the buildings were built just to get a sight line to the games....the owners just capitlized on a view.
                    I think they did try blocking the views originally by putting up tarps and the like. But now I think they get a cut of the ticket prices, I saw one that was about $125 per ticket, because they advertise the companies on their website

Comment

It's about time. Hope Crain can get back to where he once was.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

You mean throwing 92 mph fastballs down the middle is a bad thing??

Comment

And in case anyone hadn't noticed...Joe Mauer is simply amazing.

A few more frequent, and timely, hits from the bottom of the order such as last night and the Twins can hopefully get over this .500 hump they are having a problem breaking. Then to the top of the division they go!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            And in case anyone hadn't noticed...Joe Mauer is simply amazing.

A few more frequent, and timely, hits from the bottom of the order such as last night and the Twins can hopefully get over this .500 hump they are having a problem breaking. Then to the top of the division they go!
                            I don't have man-crushes, per se, but if I ever did, Joe would be the man.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

He'll be pitching for the Canaries, summer of 2011.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                I think they did try blocking the views originally by putting up tarps and the like. But now I think they get a cut of the ticket prices, I saw one that was about $125 per ticket, because they advertise the companies on their website
                                The Cubs definitely get a cut, that is part of the reason they are so expensive. My son in- law's company rents out the rooftop seats off Sheffield by right field in fact they were there Saturday for the extra inning game.

Comment

Working...
                                X