Twins 2009 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Twins 2009 Season Thread

Great start to the offseason as the Twins have dealt Carlos Gomez to the Brewers for SS J.J. Hardy.

Brewers trade Hardy to Twins for Gomez
    http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=min

Comment

Johan Santana for JJ Hardy and crappy prospects!!!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Not sure what to think about this one.

Is Cabrera gone then? Is Punto gone and either Hardy or Cabrera play Second?

Interesting.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Not sure what to think about this one.

Is Cabrera gone then? Is Punto gone and either Hardy or Cabrera play Second?

Interesting.
          I'd guess that this means Cabrera is gone since he is a free agent and Punto is still signed for another year. Hopefully they can still find someone to upgrade second. I like Punto as a utility player, but not an everyday second baseman.

Comment

OC must be gone for sure. He is a free agent. Well at least we know who is going to play short. Hopefully Danny Valencia is ready for 3rd base.

Comment

Hardy was doing pretty good until this year. He is good defensively and he used to have some pop. Not a bad trade. Might hurt the stolen bases for the Twins with Gomez gone, but I think it's a good trade.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                OC must be gone for sure. He is a free agent. Well at least we know who is going to play short. Hopefully Danny Valencia is ready for 3rd base.

I doubt that Valencia is ready for 3rd at least not for another year. He wasn't even one of the call-ups in September last year, but I hope I'm wrong. It will be interesting to see who they go with. I just hope Punto comes off the bench like should instead of trying to make him an everyday player.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  Hardy was doing pretty good until this year. He is good defensively and he used to have some pop. Not a bad trade. Might hurt the stolen bases for the Twins with Gomez gone, but I think it's a good trade.
                  Hopefully the change of scenery effect helps Hardy like it has helped other former Twins.

Sidenote: Looks like Young will get his chance next year to put up some numbers or be gone. I say he is done by the All-star break next year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X