Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Is it that easy to just say hey SF sign me since i am available? I think he should bein the D league. Trying to get picked up on a 10 day contract right now isnt doing him any good.
    It doesn't have to be Sioux Falls. I'm not sure what the D-League rules are for "free agents", if any team can sign him or if it is like the NBA waiver process where the worst team gets first crack. But I agree that playing somewhere would be beneficial just to keep his game in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It doesn't have to be Sioux Falls. I'm not sure what the D-League rules are for "free agents", if any team can sign him or if it is like the NBA waiver process where the worst team gets first crack. But I agree that playing somewhere would be beneficial just to keep his game in shape.
      Yeah I meant SF as just an example, but the local attention would be good for the skyforce and him if they need a PG but yeah I agree with your post.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's not like Nate is just sitting waiting for a call. His agent knows what he is doing and will do what's best for Nate. There are multiple reports that overseas teams are very interested and have offered Nate to play for them but Jared Karnes won't accept those offers because he knows he can play in the NBA.

With the All-Star break coming up, not many teams are going to sign a player for a 10-day contact. He'll be back in the league this year. Guarantee it.

http://instagram.com/p/zAaBIzNrxB/

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          It's not like Nate is just sitting waiting for a call. His agent knows what he is doing and will do what's best for Nate. There are multiple reports that overseas teams are very interested and have offered Nate to play for them but Jared Karnes won't accept those offers because he knows he can play in the NBA.

With the All-Star break coming up, not many teams are going to sign a player for a 10-day contact. He'll be back in the league this year. Guarantee it.

Cant his agent work to get him in the NBA still while he is at least getting game exp. in the D league? Or would his agent think that its a bad thing if he did.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The trading deadline is also only 8 days away and teams looking to upgrade at PG may wait to see what shakes out there before they do anything.

Comment

Cant his agent work to get him in the NBA still while he is at least getting game exp. in the D league? Or would his agent think that its a bad thing if he did.
              If I'm understanding this correctly, all the D-league teams are affiliated with specific teams so if Nate were to sign he would be limited to the teams that are affiliated with that D-League team.

Here hows D-League rosters are put together.
              http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/nba_...tml#freeagents

Comment

I think its still confusing about who he can sign with but I know for a fact not all players on the Skyforce are assigned by the Heat. Each team has to sign/draft players to fill out the rosters. Larry Drew II of the Skyforce signed two 10 day contracts with the Sixers and he is not property of the Heat.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                  I think its still confusing about who he can sign with but I know for a fact not all players on the Skyforce are assigned by the Heat. Each team has to sign/draft players to fill out the rosters. Larry Drew II of the Skyforce signed two 10 day contracts with the Sixers and he is not property of the Heat.
                  I was going to say I thought Andre dawkins went to the celtics after he game here.

Comment

If I'm understanding this correctly, all the D-league teams are affiliated with specific teams so if Nate were to sign he would be limited to the teams that are affiliated with that D-League team.

Here hows D-League rosters are put together.
                    http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/nba_...tml#freeagents
                    Only way a D-League player is limited to one team is if he was signed by the NBA team and sent down to the affiliated D-League Team (he is under contract w/ the NBA team).
                    D-League players are available to sign w/ any team at any time.

Comment

I was going to say I thought Andre dawkins went to the celtics after he game here.
                      Yep. Dawkins was on Heat Roster. He came down a few times as a Heat player (can't be signed by any other team) and then the Heat waived him, Skyforce picked him up and then Boston signed him.
                      Hassan Whiteside had a similar path. He was on Iowa Energy and was signed by Miami Heat, played a few games in Sioux Falls and now he is playing a lot of minutes for Miami.

Comment

Nate is going to be in Frost on Saturday for the NDSU game. First 2500 people get a Nate Wolters jersey.

Comment

Each NBA team that has a NBADL affiliate can assign up to 3 players from their NBA roster to their NBADL affiliate. Their salary is paid by their NBA team and they cannot be signed by any other NBA team. All other players on a NBADL team can be signed by any NBA team. If any player not on an NBA roster wants to play in the NBADL, they have to notify the NBADL league headquarters. At that point the NBADL team highest on the waiver priority list has first shot at adding that player to their roster. If team #1 isn't interested, then team #2 has the option, etc. The priority list is maintained based on prior roster moves. Once you pick up a player, you move to the bottom of the priority list.
                          USD Fan

Comment

The Bucks traded Knight away for MCW and Tyler Ennis. Both former Syracuse PGs. Miles Pumless of Duke will also be heading to the Bucks as part of the deal.

Comment

Bulls and Lakers should be shopping for some PGs with Rose(Bulls) having surgery and Price(Lakers) being out for the year with an injury. Nate could possibly pick up a 10-day contact with either team. I would think a decision should be made within the next couple of days.

Comment

@WojYahooNBA
                                Sources: Grand Rapids acquired rights to guard Nate Wolters, but could still move him in deal. He entered D-League players pool this week.

Skyforce play Grand Rapids this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X