Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    You say that, and then you name three more of the worst run teams in the NBA!
    Lakers and Knicks are in need of PGs. They are also one of the most successful organizations in NBA history. Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak know how to make teams successful. Wolves on the other hand aren't much better than the Bucks but there are Nate's home state team.

Comment

You say that, and then you name three more of the worst run teams in the NBA!
      That would be the advantage if a trade would happen. That would hopefully mean a team with a better record wants him , rather than going to the bad teams/organizations at the top of the waiver wire list.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Lakers and Knicks are in need of PGs. They are also one of the most successful organizations in NBA history. Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak know how to make teams successful. Wolves on the other hand aren't much better than the Bucks but there are Nate's home state team.
        It's been over 40 years since the Knicks won the second of their two titles, and Kupchak hasn't made a decent personnel decision since he got Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol.

Comment

It's been over 40 years since the Knicks won the second of their two titles, and Kupchak hasn't made a decent personnel decision since he got Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol.
          The Knicks just hired Phil Jackson as GM. Give it time. They will be be one of the top contenders in East within the next couple of years. Wesely Johnson and Nick Young are pretty good pickups for the Lakers...

Comment

Nate has to find a team that doesn't need a lot of scoring out of the PG spot. His broken hand and off season injuries have seemed to stifle his development.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait. We're REALLY making fun of how Kidd is/has been running things? He's been there one year and the team has already won more games this year than last year. Yeah, he didn't play Nate, but can we really argue with the results? Can't this be seen as a good thing for Nate without everyone on here bashing the Bucks on his way out?

The Bucks are under new ownership (started last year) and new management/coach (last year) and everything has basically pointed up.

Seriously, you all realize this team is 19-18 and they won 15 games last year, right? It wasn't a good situation for Nate, but good golly.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Knicks just hired Phil Jackson as GM. Give it time.
                They just hired a guy who's almost seventy, who has never been a GM before, and who is engaged to one of the owners of the Lakers. How well could this possibly work out?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  can we really argue with the results?
                  Yep. A 'win now' team with a .500 record. How is that 'good'?

And BTW, dropping Wolters for K-Mart is only the beginning of the horrors that await as Kidd remakes the Bucks roster.

Comment

Yep. A 'win now' team with a .500 record. How is that 'good'?

And BTW, dropping Wolters for K-Mart is only the beginning of the horrors that await as Kidd remakes the Bucks roster.
                    They're a 'win-now' team? Really? Also, can you address the improvements the Bucks have made under Kidd?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mi...or-the-future/

Any team built around 19- and 20-year-olds is a half-decade from anything like contention, and the Bucks under new ownership aren’t going to rush the process as they did in chasing the no. 8 seed under Herb Kohl.
                    (this is where you make the argument "if they're playing for the future, why sign K-Mart?" and where I respond with "something, something Larry Sanders" and I still laugh cause you said they were a win now team)

Comment

"if they're playing for the future, why sign K-Mart?" and where I respond with "something, something Larry Sanders"
                      I had no idea you could replace a center with a small forward.

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ do you or have you ever watched professional basketball? K-Mart a small forward????????????????????????????????????

Now I understand where your 'win-now' comment came from. Holy hell.

Comment

Just look at their history since Nate has been there. The signings of Neal, Butler and Ridnour were ridiculous. Having Neal run the PG spot when Knight was hurt. Trading for Jason Kidd to be their coach. Their game rotations made no sense. There is no stability in the Bucks organization. They are one of the worst organization in all of pro sports imo (that was even before Nate got there). Hopefully Nate getting waived is true. I know there will be a couple of teams willing to pick him up (ie Lakers, Knicks). It would be nice to see him go to the Wolves but I'm pretty sure that wont happen.
                          How can you judge the stability of the Bucks when they just came under new ownership this year and of course a new coach? I'm no fan of Kidd but i doubt the new management is unhappy with his results so far. I just don't see the grease fire.

Comment

Also, I enjoy you only responding to parts of my posts and STILL getting those parts wrong. You're a ****ing riot.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...0-day-contract

The Milwaukee Bucks are signing former All-Star power forward Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract, according to league sources.
                            He auditioned for the Bucks last week and is expected to help them try to fill the frontcourt void left by the ongoing absence of center Larry Sanders

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ do you or have you ever watched professional basketball? K-Mart a small forward????????????????????????????????????

Now I understand where your 'win-now' comment came from. Holy hell.
                              I'm sorry that I forgot what position K-Mart played fourteen years ago for the Nets. He's 6'-9, old, injury-prone, and played exactly 32 games for the Knicks last year.

He's still not a center, and is therefore, still not a replacement for Larry Sanders.

If you think Kidd isn't trying to win as many games as possible this year in order to land the GM spot in Milwaukee (or somewhere else), you're deluding yourself.

Comment

I'm sorry that I forgot what position K-Mart played fourteen years ago for the Nets. He's 6'-9, old, injury-prone, and played exactly 32 games for the Knicks last year.

He's still not a center, and is therefore, still not a replacement for Larry Sanders.

If you think Kidd isn't trying to win as many games as possible this year in order to land the GM spot in Milwaukee (or somewhere else), you're deluding yourself.
                                http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...059#post266059

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...055#post266055

He seems to be doing a damn good job of winning games this year considering they've already won more than last year. A point you keep ignoring. Do the Bucks expect K-Mart to come in and play 30 mins a game and fill the box score? No. They signed him to a 10 day contract. Can K-Mart come in and play 5-10 min a game and bolster a front court until Larry Sanders figures his situation? Probably. Do the Bucks find that more valuable than Nate Wolters not playing? Obviously.

How is this is hard to comprehend? I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X