Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Nate will be in danger of not even suiting up when JOB and Inglis return healthy. I don't like the D-league as an option because that is street ball and Nate has shown during the last 2 summer leagues that he doesn't do well in that setting. Nate is a game manager and that doesn't happen in a stat stuffing d-league environment.
    I don't agree with your comment about the DLeague. With more and more teams being affiliated with an NBA team the DLeague continues to be a true developmental league. DLeague teams run their NBA teams sets. Agree guys are looking to fill their stats but more and more of the players are realizing NBA teams need role players and not stat stuffers.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      I don't agree with your comment about the DLeague. With more and more teams being affiliated with an NBA team the DLeague continues to be a true developmental league. DLeague teams run their NBA teams sets. Agree guys are looking to fill their stats but more and more of the players are realizing NBA teams need role players and not stat stuffers.
      But who will get called up first, the pg with 22pts and 10assists or the role player who goes 12 and 7 and keeps their team organized. We both know it is the first even though the second may fill a greater role on the parent club. As long as that happens there will be plenty of players out to get theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        But who will get called up first, the pg with 22pts and 10assists or the role player who goes 12 and 7 and keeps their team organized. We both know it is the first even though the second may fill a greater role on the parent club. As long as that happens there will be plenty of players out to get theirs.
        I'd argue a PG with 22 pts and 10 assists is doing a pretty good job getting his team involved and organized.

Comment

Good point.....my point being that ball dominant PG's can stuff the stats but not necessarily produce wins.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I keep reading on here how bad Kidd is. The team is 3-4 and beat the undefeated Grizz last night. This team won 15 games last year. Are you guys sure he's that bad of a coach?

For a comparison, it took the Bucks 16 games to get to win number 3 last year.
            Roster is completely changed in terms of role players and the core players are playing to their potential unlike last season. Is it because of Kidd? I think it has something to do with pride from players from last season. Also most of the core players last year were hurt for about the 1st month of the season.

Comment

Nate sighting in the 2nd quarter!

Comment

Bucks beat the Thunder 85-78. Bucks are now 2-0 when Nate plays.

Wolters Line: 18 Min, 6 points (3-7 ; 0-1 from 3), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, +/- of +16

Comment

Article about the Bucks reserves:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...282501931.html

The Bucks coach inserted Bayless and Wolters into the lineup to open the second quarter and they helped turn the game in Milwaukee's favor. Wolters played 18 minutes (six points, two rebounds, one assist).
                  "We've got a pretty deep team so I don't think anyone is complaining about coming off the bench," Wolters said. "It's fun."

"When you get 7 to 8 minutes it's hard to do anything a lot of times," Wolters said. "He lets you get into a rhythm. I think some of us played the whole second quarter. That allows you to get a sweat. I like that a lot."

"You're still part of the team, whether you have DNPs," Mayo said of the way Wolters responded to sitting on the sideline for so long. "We respect everybody on the team. Nate, I'm his biggest fan because the way he works is unreal. You see him getting better, every week, every day."

Comment

Every time he gets the call he delivers. That's about all you can ask out of anyone. His play will demand more minutes and his stock will continue to rise!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Wolters played 17 minutes tonight. 4pts 2ast 1reb 1stl on 2/4 shooting. Bucks lost 101-85 to Orlando
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Nate tallied 3 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist in 15 minutes last night in a win against the Heat.

Good article about Nate taking advantage of his opportunities.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/mb...rtunitys-knock

Comment

Saw a tweet that Nate is not even on the trip for games in Minneapolis and Detroit. Is he hurt , or is he that far down Kidd's list. If it's the latter it is time to send him to the D League as this is not helping him get better. At least then he could show some teams that he can play. The T-Wolves so badly need another point guard , but Flip is determined to turn Lavine into one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Saw a tweet that Nate is not even on the trip for games in Minneapolis and Detroit. Is he hurt , or is he that far down Kidd's list. If it's the latter it is time to send him to the D League as this is not helping him get better. At least then he could show some teams that he can play. The T-Wolves so badly need another point guard , but Flip is determined to turn Lavine into one.
                            He is sick.

Comment

I'm at the game and unfortunately Nate (the reason I'm at the game) has the flu. Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I'm at the game and unfortunately Nate (the reason I'm at the game) has the flu. Darn.
                                Wish I had known you were there JackJD…so were we (w/son and grandson). Only reason I went was to see if Nate played and when he never came out for warmups, wondered what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X