Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

@WojYahooNBA
    Charlotte has acquired guards Mo Williams and Troy Daniels for Gary Neal and a second-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Timberwolves trade 2 guards for one. Does that open up a spot for Nate w/ Minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      @WojYahooNBA
      Charlotte has acquired guards Mo Williams and Troy Daniels for Gary Neal and a second-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Timberwolves trade 2 guards for one. Does that open up a spot for Nate w/ Minnesota?
      The only true PG the TWolves have is Rubio. A Nate Wolters signing would make sense. We all know Neal can't play PG.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        The only true PG the TWolves have is Rubio. A Nate Wolters signing would make sense. We all know Neal can't play PG.
        It could, or could be a precursor to another trade. The Wolves have a bunch of contracts to let go.

Another thing that I suspect is if they load up on a bunch of 2nd round draft picks for them to acquire or establish a Dleague team.

Comment

Lorenzo Brown is listed as only a point guard on every NBA reference I can find. He is on his second 10 day with the Wolves , and they will either need to sign him for the rest of the season or release him when that expires in a few days. With the All-Star break coming this weekend , I'm guessing they wouldn't sign anyone new to a 10 day until after that , unless the clock doesn't click on a 10 day contract during the break.

Comment

Jerry Zgoda Verified account
            ‏@JerryZgoda
            Wolves have another roster move in mind now that they've cleared a spot with 2-for-1, but not sure yet what it is.

Jon Krawczynski
            @APkrawczynski
            The Timberwolves have plans for the open roster spot created by this trade. Told it should be filled by end of the day.

Forgot about Brown. I wouldn't expect them to sign him for the rest of the year. He's played a total of 3 minutes in there last 5 games. Maybe these next couple of games will be a tryout for Brown.

Comment

Jerry Zgoda Verified account
              ‏@JerryZgoda
              Wolves have another roster move in mind now that they've cleared a spot with 2-for-1, but not sure yet what it is.

Jon Krawczynski
              @APkrawczynski
              The Timberwolves have plans for the open roster spot created by this trade. Told it should be filled by end of the day.

Forgot about Brown. I wouldn't expect them to sign him for the rest of the year. He's played a total of 3 minutes in there last 5 games. Maybe these next couple of games will be a tryout for Brown.
              The AP writer also tweeted that he doesn't see the Wolves signing another PG - hopefully he is wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                The AP writer also tweeted that he doesn't see the Wolves signing another PG - hopefully he is wrong about that.
                I guess he was right. Just saw a report the Wolves are trading a first round pick to Atlanta for PF Adreian Payne.

Comment

I guess he was right. Just saw a report the Wolves are trading a first round pick to Atlanta for PF Adreian Payne.
                  Well, now we wait until Browns 2nd-10 day contract is up.

Comment

Well, now we wait until Browns 2nd-10 day contract is up.
                    Wolves are reportedly also going to buy out Gary Neal's contract.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Wolves are reportedly also going to buy out Gary Neal's contract.
                      Someone must have slipped some ritalin in Flip's coffee this morning.

Comment

Brown gets another DNP for the Wolves tonight. I would be shocked if they sign him for the rest of the season.

Comment

Brown gets another DNP for the Wolves tonight. I would be shocked if they sign him for the rest of the season.
                          I think Flip is determined to prove Lavine can be a point guard come hell or high water. even though no one else in the NBA thinks so. He's going to get the backup minutes which will go down as Rubio starts playing more. And I believe Flip originally drafted Brown , so he may keep him around.

Comment

I think Flip is determined to prove Lavine can be a point guard come hell or high water. even though no one else in the NBA thinks so. He's going to get the backup minutes which will go down as Rubio starts playing more. And I believe Flip originally drafted Brown , so he may keep him around.
                            Yes Flip drafted Brown in the 2cnd round the same year he took Bazz and Gorgui. I agree with you, Flip may keep Brown around because of this. Also, when Brown did play this year, he was a functional back up. I think the St Cloud kid will need to find a different landing spot than the Wolves to the chagrin of Wolves fans.

Comment

I don't think Nate is helping his chances of getting an NBA gig by just waiting for someone to call. He needs to find a D-League team and play to get some game action and be seen. The old saying "out of sight,out of mind" may apply here. The NBA knows who he is,but going to the D-League and getting playing time and exposure would help his chances.

Comment

I don't think Nate is helping his chances of getting an NBA gig by just waiting for someone to call. He needs to find a D-League team and play to get some game action and be seen. The old saying "out of sight,out of mind" may apply here. The NBA knows who he is,but going to the D-League and getting playing time and exposure would help his chances.
                                Is it that easy to just say hey SF sign me since i am available? I think he should bein the D league. Trying to get picked up on a 10 day contract right now isnt doing him any good.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X