Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    I just listened to coach Larry Drew's comments online and not far into his comments he said "a guy who I think did just a tremdous job is Nate Wolters," mentioning his 33 minutes played with 6 assists and highlighting his 8 rebounds. He then said that he felt Nate really took on the challenge of defending Kyrie Irving and thought Irving hit some tought shots.
    Link to those comments (2 minute mark) http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2013/...rewmov-3030769

Comment

If he is stuffing the stats like this in only his 4th game I'd say that a triple-double is a very real possibility. Amazing start.

Comment

I listened to the game last night (you can listen for free after registering at NBA.com.) The Milwaukee announcers really seem to have taken a liking to Nate and there were many mentions of SDSU. They frequently referred to Nate as "The Jackrabbit".

Having watched him for four years, we all know that he is the kind of hard working player people will find appealing, particularly in a league where many teams have more than their share of freakishly talented, self-sabotaging underachievers. One thing that has struck me: Already this year, a couple of the guys Nate now plays with have gotten themselves into trouble off the court (bar fight) or on the court (flipping fans off). Maybe those guys can learn something from Nate's example.

I think the only surprise in Nate's success is how quickly he has been able to start adjusting his game to the NBA tempo and style of play and to the athleticism of basically everybody in the league.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Love it!

From the Millwakee Buck twitter Account.
          BYfLtqnCQAAN9Uw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Love it!

From the Millwakee Buck twitter Account.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]477[/ATTACH]
            ROFL. That's awesome.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              ROFL. That's awesome.
              Sweet. Naters gonna Nate lives on...
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...olters-belongs

Comment

http://www.nba.com/bucks/#/video/tea...313/index.html

video with a small snipet from Wolters.

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ba-team/page/6

here is another snipet.

The Milwaukee Bucks are going to remain fairly competitive because of their bench. Wait, what?

I'm completely serious; the second unit has stood out early in the season.

Zaza Pachulia has been an absolute stud off the pine, following up his 13-point, 11-rebound debut against the New York Knicks with 20 points, nine rebounds, four assists and two steals in a victory over the Boston Celtics. Additionally, John Henson has looked good in limited action, and Nate Wolters could actually be a starting point guard down the line.

Scratch that. He will be a starter in the future.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I love how in the last section he says that Nate offers little upside potential. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He's still betting against Nater. Yeah, I get it. He doesn't look like that prototypical thoroughbred athlete that looks just destined for greatness.

But, just look what he has done in a very small sample of games. Yes, it hasn't been against the NBA elite teams. Nor has he put up large point totals. What he has done is ranked second in the NBA in Asst/TO ratio, 14th in Asst/game, and is one of the top rebounding guards. Oh, yeah, and he has led the "hapless" Bucks to a couple wins.

Pretty good start. Good enough to get a little more respect and a concession that maybe, just maybe, there is a little more to this pasty, slow, white kid from little ol' SDSU in the mediocre Summit League.

Keep doubting him! Your playing right into his hands. He is going to prove to everyone he belongs. Not just the people at SDSU that look at him as the best player to ever wear the Yellow and Blue.

Nater gonna keep on Nating!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=h...d=152+1264&t=1

Comment

Good news for Nate?

Coach Drew: We have a little bit of a rhythm with the group that’s been starting. We’re going to stick with that until everyone is healthy.

Comment

Interesting stat found on Twitter.

Michael Gallagher ‏@MikeSGallagher
                            On top of Nate Wolters' 6.5 APG, he leads the NBA in secondary assists (aka hockey assists) with 3.3/game. Plus, 22:2 AST:TO ratio in last 3

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Wolters is a better defended then he gets credit for. Let's not forget what he did to Trey Burke in the NCAA tourney.

Most of the times in college he was conserving energy because he had to carry a big load on the offensive end as well as stay out of foul trouble.
                              Saw this quote:
                              And he was more than competent against a very difficult matchup in Kyrie Irving. Irving scored 10 points in the two minutes Wolters missed as the Bucks fell apart near the end, so his 28 points are deceiving. He didn’t crush Nate by any means.

Comment

I miss Nater. Can we get away dressing him in a #5 Jacks jersey for the year? Though he may miss the $500k.

Comment

Working...
                                X