X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Here are the Nate highlights from the Mavs game

http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2013/...109mov-3035647

He had some good plays again. Nice block and saving the ball to start the fast break.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      Here are the Nate highlights from the Mavs game

http://www.nba.com/bucks/video/2013/...109mov-3035647

He had some good plays again. Nice block and saving the ball to start the fast break.
      Ha. Love the title of the vid: 'Naters Nating against Dallas'

Comment

Nate Wolters and the Bucks are playing the Heat tonight. He will start again according to CF Gardner.

With Nate on the floor the Bucks are scoring 104.7 PTS/100 possessions, and 87.6 with him off the court. It appears that the Bucks are better when he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Nate Wolters and the Bucks are playing the Heat tonight. He will start again according to CF Gardner.

With Nate on the floor the Bucks are scoring 104.7 PTS/100 possessions, and 87.6 with him off the court. It appears that the Bucks are better when he plays.
          do they show what the defense gives up when a player in on the court and off? just curious if that is much different.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            do they show what the defense gives up when a player in on the court and off? just curious if that is much different.
            You can find plus/minus figures for each player for every game. Nate was on the plus side for every game until Dallas , where he was something like a - 9. If you go to the Bucks official web site and go to each game's box score , they list that stat. But they do not list a running total for the entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              You can find plus/minus figures for each player for every game. Nate was on the plus side for every game until Dallas , where he was something like a - 9. If you go to the Bucks official web site and go to each game's box score , they list that stat. But they do not list a running total for the entire season.
              +/- is not the same as points per possession or general efficiency ratings. Those tell a much bigger story.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Nate is 3-6 (3-5 from 2, 0-1 from 3, 1-2 from the line) with 7 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 0 turnovers in the first half. Only concern for me so far with him is that his 3 point shot hasn't been good so far. Once he gets that going, he'll be niiiiice.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  +/- is not the same as points per possession or general efficiency ratings. Those tell a much bigger story.
                  +/- is such a silly stat for basketball. The game is too streaky for it to be an effective measurement. It's only useful in hockey, and then only for defensemen who tend to be in the game longer than the front line players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                    +/- is such a silly stat for basketball. The game is too streaky for it to be an effective measurement. It's only useful in hockey, and then only for defensemen who tend to be in the game longer than the front line players.
                    It's also very much lineup dependent and the lineup that that lineup faced. Evaluating individual performance based on it is impossible.

Comment

It's also very much lineup dependent and the lineup that that lineup faced. Evaluating individual performance based on it is impossible.
                      Yeah. I don't know why the ESPN box score shows it instead of something useful.

Comment

Nate is 3-6 (3-5 from 2, 0-1 from 3, 1-2 from the line) with 7 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 0 turnovers in the first half. Only concern for me so far with him is that his 3 point shot hasn't been good so far. Once he gets that going, he'll be niiiiice.
                        Really impressed with the zero turnovers considering the rest of the Bucks are turnover machines tonight.16 and counting...

Comment

Pretty cool to see pictures of Nate guarding Lebron on espn game page. Almost has to seem surreal to him.

"Holy crap, Nater is Nating me".

Know what I'm saying?
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Pretty cool to see pictures of Nate guarding Lebron on espn game page. Almost has to seem surreal to him.

"Holy crap, Nater is Nating me".

Know what I'm saying?
                            I didn't see the very beginning of the game but was told Nates first basket was a bank from the ft line over LeBron.

Comment

Nate also stole the ball away from Lebron and than went up for a layup and got swatted by Wade

Comment

On SportsCenter this morning, the Miami/Milwaukee highlights were led by Nate with a layup and then Wade's swat of a Nate layup. The rest was all LeBron. So, let's review: That was Wolters, Wade and James providing the highlights. Fun to see Nate on SportsCenter, although it's very weird to see him wearing red.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X