Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I think, from talking to some Bucks fans, that what will happen when Knight and Ridenour are healthy that you will see them play over Nate just because of their vet status and so that the coaches can see what exactly they have. There is a thought process that perhaps they will play Ridenour to showcase him for the possiblity of a trade. He has an expiring contract that might be attractive to a playoff team that needs help at the guard position.

It will be interesting to see how Nate plays against teams that aren't going to be fighting for the most ping pong balls at the end of the year. The Dallas game, and most certainly the Heat game next week, will be a little better test as to how he can run an NBA offense.
    I think that is a really good description of what Nate has been doing in his short time there.

Comment

Ridnour and Knight did not practice again today. Wolters is set to start again against the Cavs on Wednesday. It will be a good test for him going against all-star pg Kyrie Irving.

Comment

Saw a note on Nate on Rotoworld where they are discussing NBA Rookie Fantasy Rankings, http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nb...ntasy-rankings. They mention that Brandon Knight ranked last among point guards last year in assist:turnover ratio before he lost his job, and that Nate has a chance to be a starter even when the team is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Ridnour and Knight did not practice again today. Wolters is set to start again against the Cavs on Wednesday. It will be a good test for him going against all-star pg Kyrie Irving.
          Lets go Nater. Would be nice to see the Bucks get a win with him playing alot. Are the Cavs supposed to be any good ?

Comment

So pumped I get FSWisconsin
            Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-05-2013, 09:44 PM.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Question, Do they blackout NBA games on FS Wisconsin if you have that channel on the sports pack?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                I would almost bet that Nate will be called on to guard Dion Waiters. Defensive players of the year have a hard time guarding Irving, let alone a rookie PG who doesn't really have a capable back-up at the moment.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I would almost bet that Nate will be called on to guard Dion Waiters. Defensive players of the year have a hard time guarding Irving, let alone a rookie PG who doesn't really have a capable back-up at the moment.
                  Irving has a tendency to play out-of-control. Last night he looked great in the first half against the Wolves but then was minus 16 with 1 assist and five turnovers in the second .

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Irving has a tendency to play out-of-control. Last night he looked great in the first half against the Wolves but then was minus 16 with 1 assist and five turnovers in the second .
                    I agree that he can, at times, be out of control. But he is exhausting for anyone to guard. That's why I think that in man situations I could see Nate playing the off guard. But the Bucks seem to play a lot of zone, so that may help. Although Irving's ability to penetrate could kill that zone especially since the Bucks don't have an experienced shot blocker.

Comment

Another good read about Nate

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...ce=twitter.com

Comment

I agree that he can, at times, be out of control. But he is exhausting for anyone to guard. That's why I think that in man situations I could see Nate playing the off guard. But the Bucks seem to play a lot of zone, so that may help. Although Irving's ability to penetrate could kill that zone especially since the Bucks don't have an experienced shot blocker.
                        Larry Sanders was #2 in the league in blocks last year and so were the Bucks as a team. They returned 4 of their top 5 shot blockers.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                          Larry Sanders was #2 in the league in blocks last year and so were the Bucks as a team. They returned 4 of their top 5 shot blockers.
                          Sanders is apparently already pouting about playing time and rumors are that the effort isn't their on the floor from people that have seen the games. Sanders should be a stud on that team.

Comment

Sanders is apparently already pouting about playing time and rumors are that the effort isn't their on the floor from people that have seen the games. Sanders should be a stud on that team.
                            He can pout all he wants but after 3 games Pachulia is playing pretty well.

Comment

Nate's highlights from the Knicks game....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVYu6LpFbJ8

Nate's highlights from the Celtics game....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhugXXx0D0

Comment

The problem with Sanders is that he is a defensive stud who thinks he should be an offensive stud also. He is on a team of chuckers so that isn't going to happen for him. He needs to remember what skillset got him to where he is and he would be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X