Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Can't believe that most here don't watch NBA. College basketball was absolutely brutal last year as whole. Also, there isn't much things more exciting than the last 5mins of an NBA game. As much as I love college basketball, I think the NBA is better
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Can't believe that most here don't watch NBA. College basketball was absolutely brutal last year as whole. Also, there isn't much things more exciting than the last 5mins of an NBA game. As much as I love college basketball, I think the NBA is better
      I disagree. College with rivalry games confrence standings etc make college much better to me then the nba. I have never really found many nba games all that exciting overall. Playoffs maybe but that's about it. I would rather watch college football or basketball any day of the week.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

NBA. College games are excruciating. More college teams play like NDSU and WIU than SDSU.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          NBA. College games are excruciating. More college teams play like NDSU and WIU than SDSU.
          Right. I don't feel like watching a basketball game where both teams don't even reach 60. Hopefully, with the points of emphasis this year, it will improve the quality of play.

Also, people who don't like NBA need to watch the Golden State Warriors play basketball. Truly one of the most exciting teams in all of basketball at any level. They are the only team that on a 3 on 1 fastbreak with an alley oop to Iggy there but Curry would launch a 27ft over Dudley with an and one. True League Pass team right there.

Comment

Nate is starting tonight for the Bucks against the Raptors!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              They're hoping the game changes with the refs calling more fouls. It should open up scoring.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Bucks lose 97-90. Nate plays 36 minutes, 7 points, 4 rebounds, 10 assists, and only 1 turnover.
                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Missed two 3s in the 4th. One was a forced shot, one was a spot up that he should have it. Overall, I was impressed with the play. Wish he could have hit those last shots.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                    Bucks lose 97-90. Nate plays 36 minutes, 7 points, 4 rebounds, 10 assists, and only 1 turnover.
                    Could've easily had 15 assists...Bucks missed several wide open shots set up by Nate. I'd say Ridnour and Knight better get healthy in a hurry....the bulk of the minutes at the point are gonna belong to #6 at this rate.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Could've easily had 15 assists...Bucks missed several wide open shots set up by Nate. I'd say Ridnour and Knight better get healthy in a hurry....the bulk of the minutes at the point are gonna belong to #6 at this rate.
                      If espn stats are correct he leads the team in assists and 3rd in scoring. My guess is probably minutes played so far too. I wish I could watch these games. If you told me those stats and he would be starting in his 3rd game and home open I would not have beleived it....injuries aside. Great for nate to get such a big role so soon.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        If espn stats are correct he leads the team in assists and 3rd in scoring. My guess is probably minutes played so far too. I wish I could watch these games. If you told me those stats and he would be starting in his 3rd game and home open I would not have beleived it....injuries aside. Great for nate to get such a big role so soon.
                        NBA League Pass is having a free trail till the 5th. You can watch the replays of the games. All you need to do is make an account.
                        http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/?SR=Se...BA_LEAGUE_PASS

Comment

I've been talking to some fans on their message boards. So far here are what the nicknames are from the fans after 3 games;
                          Natty Ice
                          Natty Dread
                          Nate the Great (OJ Mayo called him that in the post game after the Raptors loss?)

It is kind of fun to watch a fan base discover him...just like we all did when he put it all together in college.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

7th overall in the NBA for assist to TO ratio, and tied for 14th in the league in assists. Thats pretty awesome considering its only been 3 games. to be top 25 for any stats in the league I think its a pretty big deal.

Any word on Knight or Ridnour getting back soon since they have a few days of till the next game? Either way I think you will see Nate playing if the team seems to be either falling behind or getting out or rythem with either of those 2 in, I think nate already proved he deserves PT. with those 2 coming back will only be good for the Bucks obviously but its great Nate has a chance to really get time to run the team.

Comment

I think the Wolters at the point, and Knight at the sg could be a good lineup in stretches where OJ Mayo is on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                7th overall in the NBA for assist to TO ratio, and tied for 14th in the league in assists. Thats pretty awesome considering its only been 3 games. to be top 25 for any stats in the league I think its a pretty big deal.

Any word on Knight or Ridnour getting back soon since they have a few days of till the next game? Either way I think you will see Nate playing if the team seems to be either falling behind or getting out or rythem with either of those 2 in, I think nate already proved he deserves PT. with those 2 coming back will only be good for the Bucks obviously but its great Nate has a chance to really get time to run the team.
                                Good so far,but i think a player has to play against all the teams once through for this to mean anything,that way,you play against the best and the worst teams.Not to take anything away,great accomplishment so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X