Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    And this is why I'm not a fan of the NBA.
    Just one of several reasons for me. Perpetual tankers should be demoted to a lower league. Too many games, teams taking whole games off for rest is obscene.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
      Too bad the Wolves are too interested in tanking because Nate would have been a natural fit. I guess Robbie Hummel and Glen Robinson III are too valuable to give up for an actual functioning point guard. Made no sense that the Wolves took a Serbian Center over Nate, but oh well. The consensus on Canius Hoopus is that Flip is tanking. Go for those ping pong balls!
      I'm not sure you understand how rosters/contracts work in the NBA.

Also, you really think Nate getting significant playoff time could get the T-Wolves out of the lottery? GTFO.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

*shudder* Nate played for NDSU according to tonights game recap.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/gameca...version=mobile
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I'm not sure you understand how rosters/contracts work in the NBA.

Also, you really think Nate getting significant playoff time could get the T-Wolves out of the lottery? GTFO.
          No one truly understands how rosters/contracts work in the NBA if you want the truth.

I do read A Wolf among Wolves, Cannius Hoopus, and Britt Robinson daily so I have a feel for it.

Flip knew Nate was available. The Wolves had room on their roster because they did not resign Jeff Adrien last Saturday. Adrien was on rotating ten day contracts. If he was still on the roster Saturday, the Wolves would owe him for the whole year. Glenn Taylor is a tight wad and won't spend $$$. It made sense to finally cut Adrien because #1 he was a horrible player and #2 he is playing center in the NBA at 6' - 7" tall and he is a slow footed 6' - 7" tall.

Flip could have signed Nate. It was a big topic immediately on all of the Wolves blogs because everyone knows how the Gophers missed recruiting a NBA player from St Cloud. People were screaming for Flip to sign Nate. Right now their point guard depth chart is Mo Williams, 32 years old but coming off of 52 points (Wolves record) and plays no defense, Zach LaVine 19 years old didn't even start for UCLA and is NOT a point guard and way worse than Mo, especially on defense, and third string PG Robbie Hummel who is not a Point Guard. Robbie played every position on the court this year.
          Instead Flip decides to sign 13 Miroslav Raduljica C 27 7-0 250 $1,500,000 Pek's friend. Yes - the Wolves need another center as they lost Turioff and Pek is always hurt. So Raduljica took up the last roster spot.
          The Wolves could cut one of their guaranteed contracts of their numerous wing players - Budinger (probably too expensive), Hummel, or Glen Robinson III, but Glen Taylor is too tight to pay their guaranteed salaries and try to win some games. But we are talking about an owner who ordered his GM, David the Meercat Kahn, to trade all of his second round draft picks for cash to pay for firing Kurt Rambis. The Wolves are famous trading for the infamous player - Cash. Make a roster of ex - Wolves players and they would finish in the middle of the East playoff teams.

Lets just say that die hard Wolves fans, myself included, are ticked off that Flip didn't find a way to sign Nate. Rubio is milking his sprained ankle worse than Joe Mauer would. It is what like 10 weeks since he sprained it?

Now Flip is saying that Nate doesn't shoot well enough from the outside for the Wolves to sign him. Thus that is why the Wolves blogs and KFAN, ESPN, and the newspapers are all saying the Wolves are tanking for ping pong balls. Youth movement.

Where did I ever say that Nate would get the Wolves out of the lottery???? Are you kidding me? LeBron James couldn't get the Wolves out of the lottery. Heck as bad as Cleveland is who knows? I mean Atlanta and Washington look good in the East. The West is where the really good teams are.

Comment

My apologies for the first statement. That was a very informative post. I'll just stick my foot in my mouth.

My lottery comment was based on your "too bad the Wolves are too interested in tanking" comment. I inferred that you were saying that the Wolves picking up Nate would not fit their tanking plans, when in all reality, giving a guy like Nate minutes on that team wouldn't make much of a difference either way. If that's not what you meant by your comment, then I apologize for that part as well.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              My apologies for the first statement. That was a very informative post. I'll just stick my foot in my mouth.

My lottery comment was based on your "too bad the Wolves are too interested in tanking" comment. I inferred that you were saying that the Wolves picking up Nate would not fit their tanking plans, when in all reality, giving a guy like Nate minutes on that team wouldn't make much of a difference either way. If that's not what you meant by your comment, then I apologize for that part as well.
              Being a Wolves fan is a long suffering process. We don't have much to cheer for, so we pay attention to minutia. The lack of defense the Wolves play even for the NBA regular season, with some exceptions, is nauseous.

I agree with giving a guy like Nate minutes on that team wouldn't make much of a difference either way in games won/lost. But Nate, even with Mo Williams on the team, would automatically become the 2cnd best true point guard after Rubio. Mo is a scorer where Nate could run the offense. If the Wolves had anyone who could run the offense now, it would help the development of all of their young players. They really need Rubio back. The fear is the young players develop bad habits with all of the losing. Mo Williams is totally disinterested in defense and Zach L. is clueless. Zach L. has the lowest +/- in the NBA, but the poor kid is not a point guard. He is only 19 years old.

My son is a friend of Nate and thinks it is cool he has a NBA player's phone number on his cell phone list. I hope Nate thrives with the Pelicans and as a fan wished the Wolves would have picked him up. Many, many Wolves fans feel that way and have said so on the forums. We all think Tubby was an idiot for not recruiting him for the Gophers.

Minnesota schadenfraude being what it is - We also get great pleasure with all of Kevin Loves struggles in Cleveland. It is great drama. Wouldn't it be awesome if K Love does not resign with Cleveland and joins Kobe out in LA?

Comment

This post by Cannius Hoopus explains the situation with Nate and the Wolves a lot better than I can:
                http://www.canishoopus.com/2015/1/15...roster-shuffle

Comment

Jrue Holiday is out again tonight. Look for Nate to get some minutes tonight against the 76ers.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Jrue Holiday is out again tonight. Look for Nate to get some minutes tonight against the 76ers.
                    76ers signed Skyforce PG Larry Drew II to a ten day maybe it will be a Nate vs. Larry show.

Comment

Kendall Marshall, PG for the Bucks tore his ACL and is done for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Kenyon Martin working on his ball-handling skills ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Kenyon Martin working on his ball-handling skills ?
                          Nope, learning how to take splinters out of his backside riding the pine.

Comment

Knicks leading the Pelicans by 12 at half without Jrue Holiday or Anthony Davis. Guess how many minutes Nate has played? That right, ZERO! He has played a total of 13 minutes so far since joining his new team.

Comment

Nate finished with 1shot attempt and no other stats in 8 minutes. I think he has 1 more game before his 10 day runs out. He hasn't had many minutes but statistically hasn't shown much either. He needs a good game if he is to get another 10 game with the Pelly's.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Be interesting to see if the Bucks bring him back if the Pelicans let him go...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X