Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Watching Nate tonight. Pelicans down 11-1.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Watching Nate tonight. Pelicans down 11-1.
      Made a nice move at end of third quarter to score.

Comment

Man... LaVine is not a point guard at all. Wolves should have signed Wolters and moved LaVine to the 2
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Man... LaVine is not a point guard at all. Wolves should have signed Wolters and moved LaVine to the 2
          Flip has been trying to prove he's the smartest guy in the room all season by trying to turn Lavine into a point guard , but he's no closer now than he was in October.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Flip has been trying to prove he's the smartest guy in the room all season by trying to turn Lavine into a point guard , but he's no closer now than he was in October.
            Wolves also could use another guard as it sounds like Rubio's ankle injury is worse than they originally thought. Not only did he have a high ankle sprain but he also damaged ligaments in his foot. Rubio is taking his time to return as returning earlier than he should can lead to stress fracture in that foot. Playing LaVine as a pg doesn't make him a pg.

Also, how bad is the trading away Miami's first round pick for a year of Thad Young looking about now. Miami is 2 games from not even making the playoffs in the East and nearly blew another decent lead in the third quarter against the lowly Pacers.

Comment

Flip is a genius for a making Lavine a pg, it is a creative way to tank. Wolves don't need another guard, they need to lose and lose often. They need ping pong balls for the Okafor sweepstakes.

Rubio-Wiggins-Shabazz-Okafor-Dieng is a nice core group of young players. Of course with the Wolves luck they will have the worst record and pick third behind LA and NY.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Flip is a genius for a making Lavine a pg, it is a creative way to tank. Wolves don't need another guard, they need to lose and lose often. They need ping pong balls for the Okafor sweepstakes.

Rubio-Wiggins-Shabazz-Okafor-Dieng is a nice core group of young players. Of course with the Wolves luck they will have the worst record and pick third behind LA and NY.
                No it isn't. Seattle did the same thing with Durant and Magic did it somewhat with Oladipo his rookie year. Let's be real here though, Wolters isn't going to move the needle so much that it will cost them ping pong balls. What it would have done is have them lose prettier and will allow LaVine to play at his natural position. LaVine is so raw that playing him out of position is not the best way to develop him imo.

Comment

It may have already been mentioned, but this website which I have no clue on the credibility of it, has Nate's 10 day salary at $48,000.... He still is getting paid by the Bucks as well.... http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ne...s-team-salary/

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    It may have already been mentioned, but this website which I have no clue on the credibility of it, has Nate's 10 day salary at $48,000.... He still is getting paid by the Bucks as well.... http://www.basketballinsiders.com/ne...s-team-salary/
                    Seems about right. I know NBA DLeague players can make more on a 10 day contract than they do an entire season in the DLeague.

Comment

Jimmer has had 3 straight DNP-Coaches Decision in a row. Also, Pelicans had a huge win last year

Comment

It was a huge game @ win for the Pels. Much like Jacks run with ORU, Pels had lost 9 straight to the Mavericks. It was @ the Smoothie King Arena (Pels home court). Nate played a good amount of minutes. However on offense, he'd go down into a corner, and typically stand for a kick-out. Not much motion in that NO offense. Played reasonable on d, but got pushed around pretty significantly. I hope that if he continues with the Pels, that he get more involved, if possible. It could be that those roles are what the coach wants. Pelicans have a tight home stretch of 6 games in 10 nights against some bad teams, so Nate should see a lot (25-30%) of floor mins during this stretch.

Hope to catch Nate live either tonight (most likely) or Wed nite.

Comment

Larry Drew II (Former Skyforce PG and Nate's old coaches son) will start for the 76ers tonight with MCW out.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            No it isn't. Seattle did the same thing with Durant and Magic did it somewhat with Oladipo his rookie year. Let's be real here though, Wolters isn't going to move the needle so much that it will cost them ping pong balls. What it would have done is have them lose prettier and will allow LaVine to play at his natural position. LaVine is so raw that playing him out of position is not the best way to develop him imo.
                            Flip talks about this in his Britt Robinson 2 part interview, good reading if you like the Wolves. Basically he was worried that if Gorgui Dieng got hurt, he'd have to end up playing Anthony Bennett and Thad at Center when both of them are small power forwards. I agree with you and even Flip admits it is hurting the development of his other players because his current point guards are so bad until Rubio gets back. - Look how much K Love is sucking this year without Rubio. Flip talks about that too.

Also, Flip has to keep the team in the lottery now or they lose their first round pick to Phoenix for getting Phoenix to accept David, the Meercat, Khans pick - Wes Johnson. Draft is too deep for the Wolves not to be in the Lottery. The top 4 picks are great this year. So yes, the Wolves are tanking. With the Wolves luck, watch them start winning meaningless games at the end of the year and wreck their draft position.

Flip also talks about the problem with the players not getting the ball with the two point guards he has with Mo Williams and Lavine. He didn't mention Nate, but most (Canneus Hoopis blog) figure that Nate would add at most 2 wins this year. Flip said that Wiggins knows when he makes a mistake, but Lavine has no clue when he makes a mistake. Give Lavine a few years, I think he will be a good to average 2 guard. He can defend one on one, but once you set a pick on him, he has no clue at this point in his career.

I think Nate has a much better situation with the Pelicans. I don't know about you guys, but making $4800 a day is sweet pay for temp work. I'd guess Nate would get picked up maybe this year or next year for sure if New Orleans ever lets him go. Nate is a glue guy. I'd love to see him come back to Minnesota. But I don't know if Nate would rather play for a winning team or come back home.
                            Last edited by shot_5533; 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Wolves are so bad this is what the bloggers post about the blow out losses: Dallas/Wolves Dopplegangers

Have you ever noticed Rick Carlisle looks a lot like Jim Carrey?

Have you ever noticed Dirk Nowitzki looks a lot like Barry Pepper?

Have you ever noticed that Rajon Rondo “look like that Turtle Name Franklin on Nick Jr?”

Come back soon, you mythical creature, you.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                Larry Drew II (Former Skyforce PG and Nate's old coaches son) will start for the 76ers tonight with MCW out.
                                I know it's just the 76ers and he's only starting because MCW is hurt, but to see him start after he was basically ran off the team at UNC and loathed by fans is hilarious to me

Comment

Working...
                                X