Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Did Nate get released as expected?

Comment

Yes. No longer listed on pels roster.

Comment

Yes he is now a free agent again. Coincidentally the Pelicans lost to the Thunder tonight who played without KD.

Comment

"With Rondo likely out for an extended period of time, Mavs owner Mark Cuban said he's looking to sign a player to a 10-day contract." -Per Mavs beat writer

Another possible landing spot for Nate.

Comment

Looking at the Skyforce roster , you would think they would be ringing Nate's agent's phone off the hook if he doesn't get any NBA offers. Although Larry Drew II being available again could bring him back to Sioux Falls. Having Nate on the roster would no doubt put some butts in the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Looking at the Skyforce roster , you would think they would be ringing Nate's agent's phone off the hook if he doesn't get any NBA offers. Although Larry Drew II being available again could bring him back to Sioux Falls. Having Nate on the roster would no doubt put some butts in the seats.
              The whole Dleague allocation thing is very confusing. Though he is a local product, since he has NBA experience my guess is he'd go into the waiver pool. The waiver order is determined on record, and on contracts bought out by NBA teams and European teams ( I think). Its very confusing. but I'm pretty sure its more complicated then a call from the Skyforce to Nate's agent to sign him.

As for if or when he'll get picked up. Who knows, 10 day contracts are more on luck than anything, are you available at the time they are looking to sign someone to a 10day?

At just under $50K per 10 day contract, he'll take his time

Comment

Maybe the Heat could use him to help inbound the ball: https://vine.co/v/OFHJhAwu7OL

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Maybe the Heat could use him to help inbound the ball: https://vine.co/v/OFHJhAwu7OL
                  I saw that live at the bar last night, bowling night. I had to watch the replay because I couldn't believe my eyes the first time. A third grade basketball player doesn't make that play. And then the Wolves win? They are going to wreck their draft with Rubio back!

I don't think Flip would take Nate with Brown on the team. I'd rather have Nate myself and cut Brown. I sure hope they get something for Mo. I'm not sure why the Wolves don't pick Nate up and cut Brown. Defense? What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                    I saw that live at the bar last night, bowling night. I had to watch the replay because I couldn't believe my eyes the first time. A third grade basketball player doesn't make that play. And then the Wolves win? They are going to wreck their draft with Rubio back!

I don't think Flip would take Nate with Brown on the team. I'd rather have Nate myself and cut Brown. I sure hope they get something for Mo. I'm not sure why the Wolves don't pick Nate up and cut Brown. Defense? What do you guys think?
                    My guess with the Timberwolves is sometimes Flip looks at things a little more as a part owner than as a GM/President/Coach. That is why they didn't pick up his contract.

As for Brown? He's signed to a 10-day contract, when his contract runs out, and if Nate is available we will see. Sounds like sometime Saturday or Sunday is when it expires.

At the same time, my guess is Nate's agent would like to get Nate in a situation where either he plays a bunch, or is a roll player on a playoff type of team. Going to the Wolves and backing up Rubio and Levine and playing little minutes, is something you do only if its your last NBA option.

Comment

In other news, the Bucks are sitting at 5 games over .500 and probably going to fire Jason Kidd any minute now.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Still can't believe they dropped Nate for one of Kidd's buddies.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          In other news, the Bucks are sitting at 5 games over .500 and probably going to fire Jason Kidd any minute now.
                          Is that for cutting the white kid from the roster? I suspect so.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            My guess with the Timberwolves is sometimes Flip looks at things a little more as a part owner than as a GM/President/Coach. That is why they didn't pick up his contract.

As for Brown? He's signed to a 10-day contract, when his contract runs out, and if Nate is available we will see. Sounds like sometime Saturday or Sunday is when it expires.

At the same time, my guess is Nate's agent would like to get Nate in a situation where either he plays a bunch, or is a roll player on a playoff type of team. Going to the Wolves and backing up Rubio and Levine and playing little minutes, is something you do only if its your last NBA option.
                            Just saw a tweet that Lorenzo Brown is going to sign a second 10-day contract with the Wolves. At the end of that contract they will need to either sign Brown for the rest of the season or bring another PG in on a 10-day.

Comment

Larry Drew II is back with the Force after his 2nd 10-day contract expired with the 76ers. - Another possible landing spot for Nate if the 76ers still want more PG depth.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                Larry Drew II is back with the Force after his 2nd 10-day contract expired with the 76ers. - Another possible landing spot for Nate if the 76ers still want more PG depth.
                                76ers signed another D-Leaguer PG to a 10-day.

Comment

Working...
                                X